passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

Wow forget Millia’s new move, this character is top tier already

She has every tool. 

Maybe this how you get new players in your years old fighting game. You make them super broken to make up for the experience difference 

Season 4 of GGS confirmed with the new character coming out in May. Apparently it’s Slayer, but I dunno who that is, so

I hope they continue to evolve and add new mechanics and stuff and not just characters

Also Daisuke played in the live concert lol 

😕

I don’t really like this character, but I kind of want to play her because she seems broken right off the bat. 

The drawback is low mobility when not in Jealousy mode, which probably means you have to have good neutral and be able to play the game to get the most of all this broken offence.

But fuck she seems ridiculous. 

I also saw she has 4f jab (Same as Millia and some other characters, 4f jab quickest in the game) however ABA’s combos in to command grab which gives her the Jealousy mode

Mash in to win condition? 😭

The new move is an eject button

Hurtbox

Spoiler

DP

Spoiler

Throws

Spoiler

Looking like a great tool for Millia

Now let’s just wait for the mixes to roll in 😎

The wall bounce on it so far as well

Played a couple hours tonight, pretty much exclusively against Aba. Obviously can't judge the character yet because it's day 1, but initial impressions is it's a character of 2 halves. 

When she's in normal mode she seems pretty basic, with what looks like the hard part being how slow she is. They made up for her speed a little bit in that she has a command dash a lot like Millia, except instead of being upper body invul it's like mid and upper invul. Very quickly watching fS's go through her it's like uh-huh. Aim for the feet. Which is pretty easy (Y'know, on day 1), because her movement is so difficult, basically.

I think Aba could be very hard to play against on ranked. When good players get used to her and can use her properly, I think she'll be a big problem. Because she's so dependant on good neutral, if someone is good enough to play that with her, then they'll outplay me because I'm still shit at mid-screen. 

But then there's the second half, the Jealousy Mode. RIP. She gets you it's over. I think Millia might end up as a good MU against her because I can piss around in the air and wait for the gauge to drain down. Even in Jealousy she doesn't seem to jump very well.

But when caught it's just smoked. The damage is insane, even on day 1

Also tried Millia's new move. Ah. I can't say because I'm the worst at working out how to use fighting game moves. I have to wait for other people to figure it out and then copy them. But I did find out it's a mid. Which was pretty unfortunate 😣

He’s too much of a whiner to take seriously.

I think she’s going to be really hard to use, but if someone can crack it they’ll do really well on ranked. Her jealously mode is beastly, even when people are spamming buttons. It quickly became a case of, oh just keep away

Tournament play could be different. Because every high level player will be good at neutral and ABA won’t have chance to get her game started 

Millia's new move Artemis is quite hard to use. 

I haven't played the game for a few days, I was waiting for the move to be understood and see what people are doing with it. 

Still early days, but it very much seems like it's not a mix up tool and instead is for extra damage for wall bounce combos. 

But the wall bounce combos are quite hard to do. I noticed that when I tried it earlier in the week, and watching other people play they are messing it up as well. Some of this is because it's new, obviously. But one of the good things about Millia is all her combos have been very easy to learn (Even the re-jump combo if people remember me complaining a lot about it, I worked out where the delay is in the combo and now get it 99% of the time)

But the Artemis stuff is hard. Firstly because the combos are command dash cancel in to it. But all the combos so far require specific delay timing on the cancel and it's hard to judge. Distance is a big thing as well. Even when getting the delay right if the positing isn't great it will just miss. And even after if you get the delay and the positing right pretty much everything after the wall bounce requires a micro walk to keep the combo going

It's week 1 so maybe after time it will get natural. And I only played around with it one time earlier this week. But it's a tricky one for sure.

Also the perfect Millia round