passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

Instead of playing GG all day I ended up watching this Millia S2 guide by LK for almost 2 hours

I didn’t learn too much. Firstly because LK is bad at explaining things. He does stuff and goes “see?” It’s like no. Please use your words. 

Secondly most of the stuff he covered I already sort of know. Even if I don’t do it, I know it.

However I finally saw how to do option select and that’s to hold back and press P+K at the same time. I will need to watch it again to review it but at least I know what the buttons are now. 

Oh yeah. We’ll see. I played a tiny bit of Baiken in training a while ago and don’t really like her moves. If I learn another character at this point it will be either Ram or Bridget

But Millia is so much fun to play it’s hard to not 

I watched Diaphone’s race to top 10 with Bridget today

It’s a really good video. But one thing I noticed is he does this “safe jump” which also can end in an empty low or a air command grab. I forgot Bridget can do the bear grab in the air. I hope this isn’t tech that everyone starts using because I don’t want to play against that at all. 

Aside from that the Baiken player has made me want to learn the character again. I want play a fucking Buck wild Baiken too, that looks fun. Although the combos look really hard. 

How do I practice a cross up in the training room? Basically Millia has this oki where do H disc then turbo fall and be on the other side of the opponent. But every time I’ve tried it’s not worked and I don’t know why.

I want to set the dummy to only block one side and I don’t know how to do that

Man I got so fucked up on this game last night I woke up this morning and still felt really low. After a year of playing it it’s just another realisation that there is such a gap between me and really good players. Their speed, decision making, mind games, knowledge. I’m just never going to get there. That was a session that’s really making me not want to play it ever again. I just can’t overcome these differences. I just feel lost today. 

Probably about 90/10 in favour of complaining. But there was a Bridget yesterday that beat me like 30-3 or something. Then I won one set against them and they switched to their level 1400+ Faust and wrecked me even harder. 

At a point it’s not a character thing* it’s just pure skill and creativity, knowledge and ability. I dunno how to match it.

*Although I saved some videos of Bridget yesterday I was too angry to upload, but I might later. This character is fucked

I'm saying that at a certain skill level it doesn't matter how much more creative or quick to react they are, if you cannot understand what is needed to get past layer 1 of a particular character's offensive options. They could be trash and still win cause of that because their opponent's mental stack is overloaded just trying to understand the basics of what they are fighting

Faust is a good example actually, you cannot fight him blindly. You need to learn to play his game first before getting an opportunity to play your own. Literally, as in knowing what all his item drops do and which ones you can use against him is the first thing to learn and study

The only thing I learned about Faust Yesterday is he’s air defense is actually awesome because he drops those little bags/boxes/bombs and it makes approaching him from below impossible. 

Also he has an anti-air that beat Millia’s Kapple which is supposed to be the anti-anti-air move. I don’t know if that was a cursed interaction because it only happened once but fucking hell that was annoying.

Bridget is godlike and the more this character gets discovered I think the more people will realise she’s like Happy Chaos level kind of bullshit. The only effective strategy I found yesterday was playing more neutral/footsies, particularly with far slash. But Millia doesn’t combo that well of fS and when the guy realised what I was doing he just stood in one spot and threw either 5H or 5S out over and over again and I couldn’t get past it because Bridget’s range + recovery makes punishing whiffs fucking…I dunno. I just couldn’t do it.

There was also some Bridget tech I’ve never seen before. They use a lot of fast RRC to turn her roller skate thing in to a fast over head or low, which already is like fucking hell. But when I learned I can beat the overhead with 5K after block somehow they turn the overhead in to a cross up.

I was just left like what the fuck. This character is non-stop. She’s never open or punishable. 

Not counting GL or Hurd crush characters I think Bridget has the best pressure in the game and I’m stumped how to over come it. Even though it wasn’t labbing I played against the same guy for hours trying different things and couldn’t find an answer. She’s my new demon in GG. I hate this character. 

• 3 weeks later...

This Millia player is amazing. Who knew you can corner carry from a mid screen h disc. There’s also a corner combo he does which is so insane I can’t tell if it’s real of he just spamming buttons. 

There’s a neat thing he tries to do which didn’t work here but I see it. That’s to do 6H and turbofall cancel out of it. Which was one of my favourite things to do about 8 months ago but then players recognise it or learn to react to it and it’s not very good. But he turbofall cancels in to kapel before hitting the ground. That’s probably good because if they jump or even jab you catch them. It didn’t work here but good idea. 

Then there’s just a lot of general high level stuff he’s doing. After all this time so much stuff I don’t know