passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

On light characters it’s pretty easy, but I’ve spent 95% of my time practicing on Ky off a H Disc. So Ky gets hit by the disc and then run in CS start combo. It works but I just don’t know how.

Later I’ll go through a tonne of videos and tutorials and try find what the secret is. It has to be something but I dunno

The thread can move on I was just seeing you would do it to pick up any insights you might have. But I dunno it’s hard 

She doesn’t have any

I think it’s like anything if you’ve seen it and know about it then you can counter play but I see this done all the time by pros and it works most of the time. The most common counter play is people Bursting

I think the other thing is don’t do it all the time. It’s very easy to do the slide + hdisc, land low on the other side and get a throw or combo. Maybe if the combo is long enough Millia could hard knockdown and throw out another disc.

I dunno haven’t tried that but my point is I think this is a good mix, but of course if you know it then it’s not going to work but I think that’s true of a lot of things in this game 

Different ones require different setups, you can't just throw them out*. That combo to me looks like a neutral reset, not a pressure  setup, but I don't really know.

Anyway you can pause at :10 and you are still in j.h active frames when he supers. I tried to recreate this situation just now and ky is on the other side of the room, it's definitely not a setup from what I see but my knowledge of this tech is in patches of stuff, nothing solid

Sometimes in certain situations you can do what's called a 'manually' timed safe jump, which requires you to eyeball things a bit and throw out a filler frame. But I don't know how to do that here, I know it's a thing with i-no. Ones that have lots of filler frames that coincide with the enemy wakeup are called 'auto-timed'

I guess one nice thing about testament is not even having to think about this stuff at all, there's pressure setups and stuff but it's mostly hit them with sludge and the frames are active enough to hit them on wakeup but not so active you are in dp danger.

* well, not ones like the one you did with all those jp iad frame kills. That's a highly specific thing which probably works in a few situations, but maybe not this one

Yeah, I really need to understand safe jumps more. I watched the video but the one I do is just burned in now like CS, 6H. I just do it without really thinking.

Speaking of not thinking. Season 2 looking a lot like season 1 so far

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LK couldn’t get in to top 96 by the sounds of it and he says he is quitting Millia lol

He has a string of tweets talking about how the big struggle is pressure which I totally agree with. The best pressure in this game is strike/throw and high/low and Millia just not got it.

Hopefully he picks up Baiken so I can learn some shit lol

I think LK learned to play Golddick a bit just to figure out how to fight against him. Golddick is oppressive for everybody, but obviously on light characters he’s nightmare shit.

If anything I think he’ll start playing Testament. 

I need to start learning a new character. I haven’t played the game at all in nearly 2 months. Once I clear my current backlog I’ll start playing Baiken or Ram, I think

I can’t tell you what the mix ups are but her moves look like they’ve got lots of potential for fuckery. Also her moves are really silly which I also like.

I watched it on mute at work so will also have to listen to what her theme song is. Also a big part of the decision to play her

She looks cool, though, I like her. 

Finished watching Strive top 8 but didn’t really enjoy it. Mostly because I don’t like any of the players (Especially Leffen) or many of the characters used. The only person I really wanted to see win was Bean because I like Chipp and I’ve seen him play before, he is fucking crazy. But first game of the top 8 and out. 

Also Happy Chaos was disappointing. I hate HC.