passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guilty Gear -Strive-

HandsomeDead

The air super with the beams is bullshit. The amount times I blocked it but couldn't punish because I-No is back on offense while I'm waiting for the beams to go away is so annoying. I was thinking maybe it's like Sol's where you can only jump it, but it's too big and fast too jump. 

Air super with beams? You mean whiffed megolomania?

You need to lab these things, they aren't as hard to deal with as you believe. Whenever I whiff megolomania and it gets blocked I have to RC to guarantee I don't get hit. The only hard part in dealing with I-No is guessing mixup and my mixup sucked, but you're supposed to not give her much of a chance to do that anyway.

Yeah that seems to be your style alright 

But you don't learn nothing that way except by looking at your mistakes and theory crafting an answer for next time

Whiffed megalomania can be jumped over and air dashed, the actual air super (fortissmo) can be blocked but inflicts heavy stun so it's still I-No's turn and you have to wait. But that's why I try and hit confirm it and wait for a big overhead opportunity

Also if you use faultless defence on anything that increases your own blockstun recovery. If you use it and the other player notices then you are granting them a turn and have to wait to deal with whatever they throw out next.

He says 5 frames doesn't matter but he's getting his but kicked out of 2 frames recovery smh 😷

I'm not saying 5 frames don't matter I'm saying you've played enough PS4 to adapt. And 2 frames is still a much tighter window than 5. 

Anyway I'm in the mood now. Tomorrow I want knock about practice with someone whether it's you or HD I got new ideas to test (As long as I can remember) 

Playing ranked makes me nervous and annoyed but playing you two is better. It's just not as serious so I can focus more on trying things than winning. 

Input delay only ever matters in situations where you have to react, for everything else you're going to learn a certain timing for your combos anyway and whether you have to take a certain delay into account or not doesn't matter. Of course always in moderation, if we approach 10 frames of input delay or something the game just starts feeling super sluggish (SFV started off with 8 and didn't feel good). Obviously the lower, the better.

For that reason it's the absolute worst to switch around different versions with different amounts of delay like dawrf. That's really going to mess with your gameplay. You could just try that for fun to simulate the effect by turning on and off game mode on your TV btw., it's very noticeable.

The key point there is needing to adjust to the difference when going between platforms. I guess Strive is supposed to have some pretty lenient input acceptance and buffering, I've got nothing to compare it to there. But PC is like way more reactive, if I see Sol doing his full screen vortex attack on PC I have way more time to input 2H to counter it. Which for I-No the reactive game is more important than big complex combos. Reacting and getting the opportunity to put down confusing pressure, it's capitalising on that gap in the first place which turns the fight around and which is most impacted by the very different feeling

I have to be honest I was trying to mix him but I wasn’t thinking of his super at all. Just turned out that way, but made me laugh after losing several rounds tonight by getting walloped by that thing.

I played GG for 4 hours straight tonight. I’d say my win/loss was about 50/50 after a rough start so I’m happy.

One thing that made me really happy is realising I can block Ram’s explody sword corner combo shit! There’s still a lot in there I can’t block but I didn’t know I can beat the sword explosion by holding back. I thought it was a situation where I had to get away from it which is why I got fucked so much.

I still got beat up a lot but got beat up by one less move so that’s…good?

15 more million moves to go 😓

I also accidentally learned that Millia can do the super dust move from CS. It’s still so slow it only worked once out of the dozen times I tried it but it’s another option.

The thing about the CS is Millia can kind of do a lot from it I’m learning. You can do standard combo, roll in to throw, straight in to 2D, the Bad Moon overhead, and now super dust (I dunno what it’s called). Just wish I could think fast enough to do them. 

Apparently CS can also basically be done twice in a row which has kind of worked but honestly if they block the first one they’re blocking the second one so I don’t see the point. 

They might block the first one and think you are going to do a 6H next, which is what you kept doing last night, and try and counter it but you can stop their 6P with CS if you condition them to expect that. If you do the same variation over and over for a long enough time then doing a c.S->c.S has a strong probability of a counter

You should look at things like that, the framedata and startup for attacks and block stun. As for the thing with Ram I think you're first instinct was right actually, because if you hang around she's going to charge in and get her swords back. You want to push her back and not wait to block the explosion and punish her for throwing them, otherwise if you're going to sit there and block them all the time she might just throw them again if she has brains (which Ram players generally don't)

The thing with Ram is she throws the first sword and I block it but if I try to run/jump/roll out of it I’m usually moving towards them as they’re running at me and going to do their corner combos. Beside that even the amount of times I’ve tried to get away from it but caught in the explosion anyway. At least I know how to block that part. Maybe block then escape. Dunno. It’s a really easy situation to lose. But learned how to block the start of it. Maybe the rest will become clearer soon.

I hate a lot of the menu and lobby and ranked systems in this game but the core gameplay is so good.

If they're moving towards you all swordless can't you throw them

I had a 5-4 set with a f8 Leo, I know floor 8 isn't that high but I'm pleased I'm getting better with them. I think I should lab the DP and see when you can stop blocking it cause 6H is a good follow up

Spoiler

Then I gatekept this Sol, 2 minutes-ish into this video the 'CUT IT OUT' syncs perfectly with the end of the fight 🎸 💃

Spoiler

'Jack-O' is the August DLC character

E8uVOVdX0AAvCV7?format=jpg&name=large

Here is the asia top 8

Daru-Ino absolutely destroyed the Axl player in the winners finals, then the Axl player scraped an amazing comeback against a Sol and destroyed Daru right back

Good thing that Daru lost cause we need those buffs in the August patch 🙈

Watch the losers final, the most hype shit

Yeah that tournament was great. Especially the losers final and the winners final that was some really tense shit.

I-No looks ridiculous when she gets going. I was watching the Axel player blocking all those mixes at the end and I’m not sure what was more amazing the amount of mixes or the blocking.

Also I saw Kazunoko was one of the Chipp players too. I think he’s the current DBFZ champion so no wonder he plays a fast character. 

Also I’m glad that Sol player lost. Everyone talks shit about May but Sol is the real enemy of GGS to me. The recovery on his moves are bullshit. 

Sol's 5K is a 3 frame startup anti air with immense combo potential, a particularly shitty thing against I-No. But every Sol below floor 10 is terrible at the game so it's a free lunch when you get a Sol player. 

Daru bottled it at the end, he couldn't maintain the confusing pressure and the bit where he whoofed air fortissmo was whoof. The Axl player deserved the win tho and seeing those guys go 9 sets or whatever has given me lots of data to figure that matchup. I still don't have the knack of air blocking with FD on the hitbox and apparently you need that with Axl so you can hit the ground quicker

I used to think Sol was a meme but I ran into 3 of them the other day that roasted me. Now I take them more seriously. 

Lol you got to stop saying everything below floor 10 is trash the top level is not the standard it’s the top level. You’re being too internet. 

I don't even know what that means, but this is my point. Sol players get carried by the power of the dude's normals but are extremely bad at matchup knowledge until a certain point. This isn't an elitist 'oh ho ho ho everyone but me is casual' thing it's just what I observe when it comes to matchup knowledge. The mid and low tier players have way more knowledge and some of the less ridiculous high tier players are also way better than mid level Sol

Floor 9 Millia's aren't trash, floor 9 Axl's aren't trash, nor are Fausts or Anjis. But Sol, yes they don't play very well at this level. Yes they can roast you if they get a touch of death combo in but they are easily the easiest players to read at the mid level of the game cause of how OP their kit is and how that affects how they learn the fundamentals.

I had more problems with your Millia than I've had with the Sols on my floor. Because you have to work really hard for your damage on Millia and read your opponent. But when somebody doesn't have matchup knowledge or only has a single thing that they lean on it's extremely easy to deal with them. Every Sol I play doesn't understand that 2H beats vortex, but like if I play a Potemkin or whatever they read through my repetitive shit fast

edit also floor 10 isn't the top level, there is a floor 11 as well

edit 2 maybe Sol players have better Millia matchup knowhow than I-No, that's possibly a thing. I dunno, my experience is I have a rougher time with Faust players cause they are playing the literal worst character in the game so they have to know a lot of tricks (and I have to try and learn that matchup, but I hate looking at Faust he hurts my eyes)