passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ring Fit Adventure

Jimboxy

Started this tonight. It seems good, cleared the first world. The presentation is excellent, seems to have a good range of exercises and makes very clever use of the various ways the joy cons read data (like the ir sensor to measure pulse for example). The story is fluff, but clever in how it moves you through a full body workout. Basically, starts with a running section moving on to a monster fight where you do sets of exercises to lower the enemy's hp. I did fuck up a level which meant repeating a monster fight so ended up doing 4 sets of squats and by set four I didn't think I was going to finish. It gives you a warm up and cool down and enough stats to see what you've done without being overwhelmed.

I don't know if it's cause I'm wearing pyjama trousers, but I kept needing to adjust the leg strap, apart from that everything else seemed smooth.

I did four of the pre-set sets on the hardest setting, finished with the stamina one which was enough for one evening. It felt like a good work out, took about 30 minutes give or take. Frustratingly it doesn't log it as fit minutes or whatever they call it, so I'm still on 16 activity minutes for the log.

I started this last night and did the first world of the adventure. When I was calibrating the strength by squeezing the ring fit it came up with a warning saying "cmon mate, no professionals" 

I've got it on the 2nd highest setting I think, I'm glad I've been doing exercise prior to this because it is a decent work out. I wasn't dripping with sweat afterwards but I was definitely breathing, but this was basically the intro so I'm not reading too much in to that. 

It's good though, I had EA Fit or whatever it was called a few years ago, that was a workout too but mainly because it didn't work properly so you'd have to do loads of extra reps, this seems to work pretty well 

1 hour ago, shinymcshine said:

I don't know quite what I'm getting wrong with the 'Ab Guard' move, press ring into and & hold, but I still keep losing hearts ???

You always lose hearts from an guard, you just lose less. As you get further in you need to replenish health in battles by drinking kale smoothies (in the game not IRL)

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

I finished World 2 yet. I've not seen the shop yet but I've unlocked some new moves. One of them is pointlessly easy, it's just swinging left and right. I might up the difficulty a little tomorrow 

Yeah I had unlocked that last night as well, it feels like more of a warm up. It's attack power is pretty weak as well, but it hits all enemies. I think you unlock shops proper in world 3.

Cool. Yeah the multi attack stuff is a mixed bag, I feel like using it like you would in a proper rpg means you're doing less exercise. I kind of wish that if you kill an enemy mid exercise the damage just move on to the next one, rather than stopping you 3 reps in 

The colour coding makes that worse. It will throw multiple enemies at you, if they match the colour of one of your multi hit moves then you'd be stupid not to use it to do as much damage as possible. 

I've upped the difficulty a step but thanks to the above it's not made the change I hoped, so I might up it a little more 

I need to be doing press ups separately but I've not had the time/energy before work 

Any one else still going on this? I've done it the last couple of days, I upped the difficulty again and it's now feeling like it's in the right spot. I'm slightly achey the next day, properly sweating now. I've still not died on the game but I did have to nail smoothies to beat the boss