passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yakuza 0

DANGERMAN

I think I'm following the gist of it.

Main guy has been set up. Most likely by one of his higher ups who might have also killed the loan shark who made it all happen.

Dodgy estate agent is offering to help but don't trust a man in Japan who's either missing a finger or an entire hand.

That's what I got so far.

It's not the story I don't like. It's more that the action keeps getting interrupted by loads of exposition that takes ages. 

I'm loving the fights and bonkers side quests.

Met a double hard bastard woman and now I have 3 fighting styles.

Also met Mr Shakedown and later saw him in the street and promptly ran away.

Yeah, that's Yakuza! This game has an absolutely ridiculous amount of cutscenes and exposition, there's one at the start of Chapter 3 which is possibly the best cutscene I've ever seen in a game though, film-level quality.

If you're finding them hard going this early then I'm not sure you'll end up enjoying the overall story much, luckily there are plenty of distractions to keep you occupied inbetween the story segments which should break it up a bit if you're finding it hard going.

I found the story in this one of the best across all the Yakuza games, particularly Majima's side of the coin, I bloody love that guy.

Finally got to play as Majima, who seems even more of a bad ass than the other one.

I'm guessing that switching between the two is done via which chapter you're on, as opposed to being able to switch at will.

After a few days away, I'm back in and back to playing as Kiryu and I'm already missing Majima. 

Early days (although still apparently 30 hours!) and a lot can change but I've preferred Majima's main story and the bonkers side quests and characters I've seen. Like Mr Libido and the amazing cult side quest.

A plot point has come up about a watch and I have an expensive watch I can sell in my inventory. The description doesn't say anything about crafting but might make someone a nice gift.

Should I sell it or will it come in handy?

The gifts, I'm fairly sure, are for getting the girls to work at Majima's club. I didn't bother with that at all so I could be wrong, but definitely there's no story reason to keep it around 

I might have said this before but... Having played a few of the other games, the leap from this Majima to what he's like later on in the series is too much I think. I assume it's because playing as that Majima would be very different and hard to hang this story off 

Yeah the hostess club is great, and the luxury goods/jewellery are indeed gifts to get girls to work for you. I spent a bit of time on it, took over 1 or 2 districts I believe but spent the majority of my time in Kiryu's Real Estate management stuff too as it's just so damn addictive.

Turns out Yakuza 0 is an alright game, but Sunshine Club? Now that's a video game.

I've got bitches coming out of the walls. Added a load from the temple CP stuff, added a woman from the street who I gave the watch to and a couple from side quests. Followed Yuki's side story all the way to the end too.

I'm currently on my way to the imported brands shop so I can scoop up ladies on the streets. Club Mars is going down!

Made some more progress in the club simulation.

Bought all the girls you can get via the CP temple. I think I've done all of Majima's side quests so have all of them.

Decimated two of the clubs so have two more platinum wenches and I've bought up all venues in the first two areas, working on getting one more via the annoying fishing minigame.

I think I'll stick with this till Club Sunshine is finished and then progress the story, haven't really touched Kiryu's business side yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this a lot recently but exclusively only the Club Sunshine stuff, which now I've had to abandon and carry on with the story, due to the insanely hard last club battle which just seems impossible, even with fully maxed out platinum hostesses.

I'm not feeling Kiryu's business thing as much as Majima's. Club Sunshine is actually a fun little mini game but the estate stuff is just waiting round for money to come back in and occasionally mass the button to fight your opponent.

I think I need to get good at bowling, I want that chicken.

Noooo I love Kiryu's real estate :( there's so many great side-quests around the real estate stuff too, and I promise you if you make it to the very end (owning all of Kamurocho) it'll definitely be worth it ;) 

Also, you'll feel like an absolute boss. But yeah there is an element of F2P to it, I frequently kept my PS4 running whilst watching tv and had to keep flicking over to collect my cash every 5-10 minutes or so, but yeah, there was something about it that I found so incredibly compelling, the fights/challenges at the end of each district are awesome too.

Pretty sure I'm rolling right towards the end of the story so I'm gonna make an effort to do more of the Kiryu estate agent stuff and side missions as I've done way more with Majima.

This includes the astonishing Michael Jackson and Steven Spielberg bit.