passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls III

DisturbedSwan

7 hours ago, Pikman said:

I killed the tree :)

Quite easy once you know how, turns out though that he was sort of optional... bugger. So, now I have found the real boss, will attempt him tonight!!!

I found some cool stuff in the Firelink shrine, once you buy the 20,000 soul key :D

There's a second boss in the Undead Settlement? I thought I explored that place completely. Don't spoil it for me though, I'll have to go back and find him!

Beat the Deacons of the Deep boss. Farron Keep next I guest.

As far as my character goes, I increased my strength to 24 which was a requirement for a few of my weapons, but nothing that I feel like using. I have more weapons that require strength all the way up to 32 but I'm going to leave it alone for now. Now I'm going to focus on boosting my intelligence, and after that, a few points into all of my stats wouldn't go adrift.

I sold a load of gear (weapons, armour, shields) that I was hoarding for no reason, and bought a few useful spells. Spook (which removes fall damage), Caressing Tears (removes status effects), Great Combustion (a nice, powerful close-range fire spell that can be fired off (pardon the pun) very quickly) and Great Heavy Soul Arrow (does what it says on the tin).

I have no idea where I picked it up (from the Deacons of the Deep boss fight maybe?) but I had second Estus Bone Dust so now my Estus Flask is +2.

Is here an achievement in the game for obtaining all the weapons? I.e. all the variations of the boss weapons.

I think you should have more than +2 estus by now?

I just had an epic session.

Helped out some guy with a boss and he messaged me if I wanted hell with the rest. I figured he was in the same position as me but he must've either been NG+ or a second character as he knew the rest of the game like the back of his hand.

I planned on going to bed hours ago but we went through a good couple of bosses together and I levelled up from about 80-something to 103.

I did the "thing" in Firelink (which I wouldn't have known what to do, I pay no real attention to story stuff) so now it's either the very end or some more optional bosses.

Maxed out my main weapon of the butcher knife to +10 and got the best gear on and one of the best shields due to a very high equip load.

Before I go towards the end, this is what my character started out as.

image.jpeg

This is is what the fat bitch looks like now, calm down on the pies, love.

image.jpeg

And these are my stats. I think I went a bit mental getting my equip load up. Normally I go lots of health and stamina.image.jpeg

This is somewhat amazing. Mild spoilers, I guess, very early on in the game.

A bit of context for anyone who hasn't played these games.

This guy invaded me and I have an item that disguised you as something that should fit in the environment. If you're clever, you can click in the stick for the auto aim and it should still tell him where I am.

Also, phantoms like to steer their prey towards the enemies as they won't hurt them but can help kill me. Immediately where he came from is swamped with enemies so he should've had a clue where I was.

I'm not even sure he knew until I made it pretty clear. I've edited a lot out, probably 10 minutes worth of him trying to find me.

Had a short 30 minute session there, just as far as the second bonfire in Farron Keep. I'm still in human form from the Deacons of the Deep boss fight, and I have around 7000 souls, but I haven't been invaded yet. I haven't really veered off the beaten path to explore the edges of the swamp. I found an estus shard near the entrance area so that brings me to 9 Estus Flasks. Current weapon is the Hollowslayer Greatsword +1. For now I'll probably keep to the main path in this area and see where it leads.

Play through 2.

Killed the tree, died only once and that was a stupid mistake involving a giant, spears and some cunts.

Cleared out pretty much everything so far, bar the key to the female NPC.

Also picked up a covenant that I missed the first time around.

I also found an area I'd not gone to before. I knew about going halfway up the tower to see the Hmmm guy but never bothered and certainly had no clue that there was another area to explore. Got me a quick regen stamina ring now, so that's gone on.

By the way, can anyone answer my question about the achievements? Can we use the boss souls to level up or is there an achievement for obtaining every weapon in the game? I don't want to look at an achievements list because I know I'll see something I didn't want to read...

One thing I like about this game is that they got rid of reinforcing armour, it was a bit silly.

I haven't dug too deep into the achievement list, although when I had a quick look I noticed a lot of secret ones.

If I haven't liked the look of either of the choices, I've used the souls instead.

I've only been playing this in short sessions as I have an exam coming up but even in short sessions you can't beat a bit of Dark Souls. I discovered the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire in Farron Keep and unlocked the covenant related to that area. Near that area I found a third Estus Bone Dust so now my Estus is +3 and also more ash for the Shrine Merchant. I took the elevator up to where the demon is. I was still human so I summoned help and beat him hassle-free. I went around the back of that area to where the remains of the Dragon are (the Dragon that is visibile from the Undead Settlement). The view from the highest vantage point here is incredible. You can see all the areas in the game. Also, I found the beloved miracle Lightning Spear. I had an epic PVP fight on the bridge which I won. I'm quietly confident in my approach with the two handed greatsword, he couldn't seem to figure out how to fight against me at all haha. Next it's back down to the swamp! Also I got the Darkmoon Sign gesture from an NPC in Firelink Shrine. She says if I use it she will help me so we'll see...

Had another fun short session last night. I bought Havel's Ring with the Soul of the Stray Demon which was well worth it. I went back to the High Wall of Lothric and used the Lift Key to take on the enemy there, that gave me the Red Eye Orb. Then I felt like doing something light and fun so I put my sign down in the Cleansing Chapel in the Cathedral of the Deep. I got summoned along with another phantom and we helped a guy clear out the whole area, and at the end the boss, which gave me enough souls to level up. Great fun!

I managed to clear the catacombs completely last night - and managed to find a new area after braving a bridge (which lead to a pretty cool moment). New area is bastard hard though. ALthough I did manage to

Spoiler

kill Horace first attempt

So good progress. 

I had a bit last night that I never had on my first run. I bumped into a friend who turned into a prick and attempted to kill me by sending me back down from where I was to get killed by a giant. Joke's on him, I killed the giant, cleared the area and beat the boss.

Played a bit more tonight. The Farron Keep area is quite large isn't it? I got invaded by a phantom and waited ages for him to arrive. When he didn't, I thought by chance he might be up on the high bridge so I went up, he wasn't. I used a black separation crystal but it said "there is no phantom to banish." However as I was coming back down the ladder I started getting attacked with magic spells and there he was. Turns out it was an NPC phantom though and he dropped some gear. I guess that's why he didn't find me and why I couldn't banish him.

From that area I went forward past the large staff-wielding enemies and extinguished the third flame, that opened the large door. Which I assume either leads to a boss, a new area, or both... I kept going and suddenly heard the dreadful sound of frogs croaking. Memories of the Great Hollow in Dark Souls... And sure enough they cursed me and I died. I ran back to collect my souls though because I had over 12000.

I went back to the Cathedral of the Deep to do some co-op and had some interesting sessions. The first guy that summoned me floated along the ground rather than walking. His game was glitching a lot with enemies floating in the air. The other phantom I was playing with left so I left as well. I have no idea if he was cheating or not or what was the story, maybe it was lag. Another guy summoned me and there were two Hosts of Embers (i.e. both appeared human) but I just googled it and apparently there's a ring that can do that. Come to think of it I'm pretty sure Yuria sells it. They led me to an area I had never seen before. You can walk on the high beams on the very top of the large chamber where the two trolls are, and there are lots of enemies up there. I must go up there in my own game. Also during this session we were invaded by a guy who didn't even appear for about half an hour. And when he did he disappeared every now and then for ages. I'm not sure exactly what he was doing. Maybe waiting for a second invader to help him? Anyway we killed him in the end. Funnily enough, the host I was was playing with, when he opened the large door that leads back to the entrance (i.e. down to where all the spawning skeletons are, and the giant throwing spears), he seemed really interested in exploring this area as if he had never been there before. As if there was another entrance to the Cathedral of the Deep. But I assume there isn't.