passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bloodborne

Sambob

Chalice dungeons are a way to get very powerful gems to buff your weapon strength when you're getting into NG++++ and beyond when levelling up normally tails off.

They are challenging and at times an example of how bloodborne can be a horrible grindy chore.

That being said, I played them solo, and the co-op experience might be much more rewarding

As for finding the vileblood queen.

Spoiler

If she is now a pile of pink goo, you have some work to do to get her re-assembled

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot how confusing Micolash’s fight was. Called for help but no-one came so made him sit down on the second attempt, the crazy bastard.

Done a lot of grinding today just to get the cash to buy all available weapons and armour. Turns out the armour I thought would be kick ass isn’t as good as what I normallly use.

One feature they added in DS3 which is missing in this is that there are symbols on the names of locations which indicate player presence, so it’s easier to find a good spot for co-op grinding.

Also the first chalice tombstone needs an item from the insight shop. 10 insight and you can search for random co-op dungeons, which as there’s lots of grinding involved, will be very useful.

Any particular reason for that?

I've only got a handful of trophies to go, so I'm probably gonna try and get the base game platinum. One of the hidden ones I know, not sure what the other is, I'll have to look it up. 

I'm not gonna finish it till I give a good bash at the DLC. I finished it last time around, but I do remember it being bastardly hard. I've unlocked the way there, so that's at least out of the way.

I watched the Breaking Brad series on Giant Bomb where they went for the platinum, so I know what the last dungeon does, and it's just plain evil. Pro tip - make sure you have plenty of health points.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Any particular reason for that?

I've only got a handful of trophies to go, so I'm probably gonna try and get the base game platinum. One of the hidden ones I know, not sure what the other is, I'll have to look it up. 

I'm not gonna finish it till I give a good bash at the DLC. I finished it last time around, but I do remember it being bastardly hard. I've unlocked the way there, so that's at least out of the way.

I watched the Breaking Brad series on Giant Bomb where they went for the platinum, so I know what the last dungeon does, and it's just plain evil. Pro tip - make sure you have plenty of health points.

there are 3 possible endings... once you get one, you have to re-do the whole game  to get the next, so unless you feel super-jazzed about playing the game thrice, backup that save...

Well I've already done it once! This is my third time through (second time was NG+ but never finished it) and I know what you're referring to and I think I did the "proper" ending on my original run. To be honest, if I need to do the whole thing again, I'll quite happily do it. I fancy doing a NG+ and getting the stats up so I can use all items and weapons. I've been messing about with some of the magic items and they're quite good fun.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Aye, 3 of 'em. I think I did that, but if I have to do it again, I'm fine with that. On this run I've missed one of them.

nah, you're good.

you can get the "bad" ending...

Spoiler

with a single button press,

(hence my suggestion of a backup save)

also, the DLC is hard as tits in NG+, so marking a save point where you are, you're at a good point to peel into the DLC...

The hidden trophy I wasn't sure about is the "proper" ending, which I spooned up on my new save, so went back to my NG+ save and I'm right at the end of that and have done the 3 items.

I'd forgotten how much harder it is in NG+ - some enemies just one hit me into oblivion. And it costs something like 350,000 to level up.

Will probably use that save to finish the game and get the hidden trophy and use my other save to mop up the remaining stuff before finishing it. The platinum is definitely in sight!

nice!

I *think* there is a trophy that you get from doing dungeons, I could be wrong there though...

Taken from gamefaqs...

Spoiler

You don't need to do all of them. Here are the dungeons you need to do.

Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
Central Pthumeru Chalice (3 layers)
Lower Pthumeru Chalice
Ailing Loran Chalice
Defiled Chalice
Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice

1 minute ago, RoboticMonk3y said:

oh, also important, did you ever work out what was taking shots at you from the top of mergo's loft and deal  with that situation?

The thing that causes the frenzy? If so, yep, there is no more frenzy in that area.