passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

A lock stone? Pharos stone?

Cool, I will do :)

Not sure what to try next, might carry on with Huntsmans Copse, seems pretty easy so far tho.

Will save up those 14k souls. Don't think the cat ever offered me anything.

Yeah Pharos stones, the same one type you use in the forest to get a couple of chests.

I've gone to the flame tower place and have just walked through all the knights and took down one of the bosses (Dragon Rider I think) first time and on my own! Great feeling that.

Wow! Took me at least 10 goes just to get to him, the knights destroyed me over and over. Then I took my time to farm their souls and build up, was a bit boring tho.

Amazing effort mate :)

I might focus on the Bastille boss that I'm stuck on, really need some serious tactics though, you'll see what I mean. Not looked at a guide yet but may resort to it. Seems impossible at the moment.

I'm 15 % away from wielding a fucking huge sword. Not much more damage than mine but that's it's base stats!

Saw a guy in my game with one the other day. Was well funny, huge sword and practically naked.

I can understand going naked. I put better armour on and my roll was immediately slow so I put my old stuff back on. I like being physically strong and with a high health but try to roll out of the way or use my shield rather than stand there and take it.

Is the boss you're stuck on the 3 bosses?

Also, where should I head for now? Might just put my marker down and help others with the boss I just did.

I have a pretty decent shield so can take a good beating now. Shame about the stamina tho.

Yeah. It's the three. I can kill one but when facing the last two I have no clue at all.

Did you get the armour after the Pursuer? That might be handy.

Then I'd go past the dragon rider and follow the path to the wharf :)

Innit, Sly? :)

I killed both the dragon dudes. Is there anything else in the blue cathedral?

Went to the wharf. Somehow managed to go most of the way through without dying but couldn't find a bonfire so have come back. Am now level 65, catching up!

I don't know if we're talking about the same spot.

As far as I can tell the fire lizard in the fire pit directly beneath the main forest bonfire (above where the lift takes you for the giant boss) - the only place to drop down is to the far left of the ladder you come down, past the little bridge.

You drop down on the barricade that stops you from going either side. On the opposite side of the barricade is the open area where the fire lizard in the corridor is, where you get the flame sword from.

I think there's only one fire lizard in the drop down fire pit but I could be wrong. Either way, aside of how hard it is to get to him with his crazy fire balls, he takes a real beating with my mace so I'm just not equipped to deal with him right now.

What kind of water weapon is there that would do the job?

Either way, I've moved on, shrugged off the souls I left down there and am trying my luck at the Bastille but the 5 guards that rush you going towards the bosses are no joke. You can edge forward, pull just two, kill them then pull the other 3 and close the door inside before they come to it. It worked once but the second time they made their way to me. :(

Hendo - check out that video again, it's probably less than a minute from that blacksmith bonfire to the boss, jump off the ledge, through the door and up the ladder to the boss. Avoids all the enemies entirely. Although Lakitu is right, it's easier to pick them off from that side also :)

Those fire lizards are impossible right now. I can snipe them from a distance (without about 100 arrows once I've use my soul arrows up). Pointless trying. You're right about where to jump down too, this game is hilariously obscure sometimes.

The Wharf - Use a Pharos stone on the 1st or 2nd level up, makes everything a ton easier, you'll see.

Did you talk to the guy on the other side of the Blue Cathedral? He has a nice looking weapon... you can take it off him if you want... by force...

I'm still struggling on those 3 bosses in Bastille, I've also gotten to the Huntsman Copse and lowered some long bridge, where there is a sign saying just keep running. I got scared and went to bed.

From what I can tell, there are other, easier regions before this one and after The Bastille, just need to kill those 3 bosses. I'm going in circles...

I have the 'Yearn' spell now, which meant getting INT to lv19, I thought it would help with the bosses but guess what - they just totally ignore it, what a waste of a shit ton of souls!

I had another quick go at the trio at lunch. I just need a bit of luck I think, or more patience, or stamina. I can take all their hits with only stamina damage but I can only take 3 and then I'm buggered. Usually can get the first one now and maybe half of the 2nd, I'll get there. The problem is using the Estus Flask when fighting the two, I always die when trying to reclaim energy.