passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

There's a guy on rllmuk who's attempting a run with only ever lighting the Majula bonfire.

That means running everywhere including the potentially long (and perilous) journey back to your souls.

I admire it, but fuck that!

Did the first boss just now, killed me 3 times, but who's laughing now, tree bitch?

Got a question though. My health's taken a pounding, so I figured I had to burn a Human Effigy at a bonfire to restore it. But it won't let me. When I select it at the bonfire menu, it tells me "cannot be burned". I've no idea why?

Do you have an estus flask at the beginning to pump up your health?

There is a ring you will find later that REALLY helps. I think it's in the Tower of Hades section.

Good luck in your adventure Andy, took me 70hrs in total.

Cheers Hendo, nice to be done and now I just want to start over! Might pick up DS1 as I never played it.

Did it!

Managed to finish the last fights in co-op which was majorly helpful, don't think I would've done anywhere near as well in the game without some help, if nothing else, having people take the bosses attention away from me is super helpful.

I dunno if I want to start from scratch and go for a completely different build (most likely faith based), do NG+ and try to do a bit of everything or go back to the first game.

I did branch out after about 3/4 in and started putting points into being a pyromancer which definitely helped.

Well done mate!

I gotta say, I have enjoyed sharing the adventure on here with you as much as playing, great fun.

How about using a soul vessel to reassign your stats rather than starting again? I did that bit only had a minor rearrange.

I want to play DS1... I have Demon Souls here but it seemed impossibly hard?

Was that The Pursuer? I had to level up a lot before I could tackle him. Look for a pathway near the building with the cat in Majula :)

Yep that's the one. I'm level 35 at the moment, think I'll leave him for a while. I'm proper addicted to farming out areas of enemies, pretty much done that for most of my 9 hours so far. Just reached Heide's Tower, once I got the hang of the Old Knights I've been destroying them at 400 souls a pop.

First time I've really got into a Souls game, both Demons and DS1 overwhelmed me a bit.

I think the knowledge earned will pay off for going back to the previous games.

I could start a new character or change my stats but I'd have to have a proper read up on how to make a magic character properly.

Search YouTube for a user called Noobest, he's done a series of speed-run streams. I watched most of one where he did all the bosses in just over 2 hours!

I think I'm gonna start over with a faith build.

Also the guy doing the run with only lighting the Majula fire is already at the end, though he died at the last boss last I read.