passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dark Souls 2

Pikman

He reminds me of a certain Zelda OOT boss :)

Not tried the co-op, I guess you cannot choose who you link up with? Can they attack you if they want to?

I ought to try it as I don't really understand it.

No they can't attack you but if the host dies then the whole thing ends.

Question - I die and my souls are at the boss. I've gone and picked up a load more - can I go quick travel back to Majula, level up and then pick my souls up from the boss or will they vanish when you use a bonfire?

Haha, yes!!!

It's such a retarded game really isn't it, all the pain and stress for those huge but very few moments of elation :)

Nice work! I moved on to the next area after that, give it a crack and see how it pans out. Once you figure out attack patterns everything is better.

What's next after the giant? I have bought the contraption from the old hag but there's also another boss closer to where the giant was.

It might be unrelated but I think one of the benefit of doing co-op (at least of joining someone else's game) is that your energy bar resets to full.

The next proper boss after the giant is the pursuer, you get a brief go at him when he gets dropped off by a giant crow. There are a few tough enemies to fight along the way though. I would definitely say you co-op the pursuer and make use of your surroundings.

I ran through the beginning of the tower of hades a ton of times until it was deserted, built up and then tackled the pursuer. I ended up using the surroundings (you'll likely see) and took him out in 2 hits!

I have some item that let's me invade the guilty? Any ideas before I google it? Seems nicer to discuss :)

The second Giant Bomb Dark Souls 2 video (or third if you count the Quick Look) is up but they're far more advanced than I am so I'll hold off watching it just yet, Jon might be close though.

I'm proper jonesing to play it which sucks as I'm in work and will be asleep all day when I finish and then back in work. Hopefully my time off will see me putting a lot of time in.

I plan to check out more areas around the Forest area before doing The Persuer.

Co-op is the way forward I think - joining other people's games is a great way of farming souls as everyone gets souls no matter who killed each enemy and also you can kill those enemies once again that aren't in your world any more.

Whiz zed round the forest before I went to work and opened a couple of the locked doors, upgraded my flask and levelled up.

Sadly my playtime is going to be pretty limited now for a while as my 4 days off are now down to 1 due to a massive spike in overtime. :(

Useful huh? I'm loading up my capability to carry more now. I can use all the best armour I have and nearly the best sword while remaining under the 70%.

Not playing today but next time I do I'm off to face the No Mans Wharf boss, no idea what to expect :)

I got the Cathedral of Blue guy down to about 10% of his energy, got stressed and then messed up :(

I forgot about the cat, will go chat again. Can you then choose who you connect with?

Tips I have learnt:

Quick travelling does not reset your souls so you can travel quickly to where your collection of souls were more efficiently.

For example I started off in the first bonfire of the forest but died closer to the tower bonfire. I restarted at the original bonfire and quick travelled to the tower and my souls were there.

Also, get summoned into someone else's game and be successful in defeating a boss and you will become human and get a full energy bar when you're finished.