passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Proteus

Sly Reflex

Can someone else play this please?

I don't get it. You walk about. Some weird stuff happens. It reminds me of those type of dreams you have when you are unwell and wake up with the night sweats. I'm sure there's some hidden meaning in it all and I got some connotation of what was going on, but wtf?

WTF? :huh:

• 2 months later...

I've just played through this and I really liked it. It's not really a game so much I guess, you're just kind of waiting for time to pass to trigger the next 'day'

it's a shame none of you have finished it because it's quite interesting (you do 4 days/seasons, going in to the swirl every time). The first day is a bit sparse, you just explore and there's some nice music. The 2nd day there's some wildlife, all of which have their own plinky plonky sounds. The 3rd day, well I'll leave it for you to play.

I will say I found it quite creepy towards the end, my surround sound might have something to do with that, I'd be interested to see if any of you lot felt the same

I finished it back when I started this thread. It's been a while though, I cannot remember what happens other than it cycling through the seasons.

Does it have something to do with the stars or flying? I seem to remember it going weird but I don't know if that was this game or another.

I finished it back when I started this thread. It's been a while though, I cannot remember what happens other than it cycling through the seasons.

Does it have something to do with the stars or flying? I seem to remember it going weird but I don't know if that was this game or another.

It's life and death isn't it? You wake up and swim to the island, there's not much there, then in the summer there's loads of stuff. When autumn hits everything starts dying, and in winter it's barren, dark, you can barely see anything, before you rise up towards the sky/heaven and close your eyes for good

The bit where the clouds start to cover was awesome, I was running away from one then realised I was heading straight towards another, and that actually I was surrounded. Then with the next season the whole island, bar a couple of mountains if covered and cold so you couldn't see anything, and if you went high the island was practically invisible

It'd have been pretty shitty and forced if they had told you what you needed to do, most of the enjoyment you get from Proteus is finding out stuff yourself. It's stuck between a rock and a hard place. It doesn't explain itself so people give up, but if it explained itself it'd totally fuck the experience. If it was all worded and directed then it'd probably be spoiled more than not having any direction there.

The only way it can really work is by word of mouth, except I think that sort of fucks it up too which I think is why I didn't say anything in this thread.

It's a bit of a curio game. If it is a game. I'm not really sure it is.

The figures on the hill freaked me out a bit but I still looked at them. I guess that's symbolic too, facing your fears as a child means you won't even give them a second look as you are older. After you get older still you don't even think about them at all.