passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

GOG Sales

radiofloyd

GOG needs a topic for their sales! They have a brilliant promo on D&D rpgs this weekend:

http://www.gog.com/promo/hasbro_stacking_weekend_promo_050413

It's a stacking sale so your discount increases dramatically the more you buy.

I picked up Icewind Dale 1+2, Neverwinter Nights 1 and The Temple of Elemental Evil. If you own none of those games I highly recommend everything except Demon Stone, Dragonshard and possibly TOEE. I'm not sure how much it is for Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2, Neverwinter Nights 1+2 and Planescape Torment but it's a bargain anyway!

My (digital) collection of rpgs from that era is now pretty much complete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GOG have a good sale on EA classics this weekend. 60% off the likes of Wing Commander, Ultima, Populous, Alpha Centauri and so on:

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_030513

I went on a binge and picked up:

Alpha Centauri

Starflight 1+2

Wing Commander 1+2

Wing Commander: Privateer

Ultima 4+5+6

Ultima Underworld 1+2

All for just over a tenner! Did any of you play Starflight on the Atari?

Their weekend sales have been consistently good recently. This time it's 60% off adventure games:

http://www.gog.com/promo/indie_adventures_weekend_promo_100513

I picked up Dreamfall for $6 (down from $15).

I hope they keep on getting new developers on board. My wishlist:

LucasArts (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle)

Westwood (Command & Conquer, Blade Runner, Eye of the Beholder) - must be some complication with these though since they already have other EA/Westwood games

Creative Assembly (Total War) - guess these are owned by Sega

Relic (Homeworld, Dawn of War)

Blizzard (Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft)

SSI (Gold Box series) - probably some issue with the AD&D license

Perfect Entertainment (Discworld)

I'm sure there's loads more but that would be a good start. :)

• 1 month later...

GOG's summer sale has started! I picked up:

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition

Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror

Sanitarium

System Shock 2

Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon

I'm sure I'll pick up more before it's over. Running until July 5. :)

• 4 months later...

GOG are running an amazing sale at the moment, they are running limited deals at higher than usual discounts - go to the main page to see what I mean. I've picked up 9 games already for around $1-2 each. My eyes are bleeding from tracking it. :)

Edit: 9 games in and my fucking bank has stopped my card. Goddamit! I've missed out on two more games already that I wanted.

GOG are running an amazing sale at the moment, they are running limited deals at higher than usual discounts - go to the main page to see what I mean. I've picked up 9 games already for around $1-2 each. My eyes are bleeding from tracking it. :)

Edit: 9 games in and my fucking bank has stopped my card. Goddamit! I've missed out on two more games already that I wanted.

1 apparently random game at a time on sale on the front page until the limited number of copies are sold, and then another game appears.

That's far too much pissing around for my tastes. If you want to sell me something, respect my time and don't mess me around playing silly games. I'm not going to sit there watching it on the off chance something I'm interested in comes up.

And the fact that that countdown animation of copies left starts from the beginning every time you return to the front page is mega annoying.

• 6 months later...

Today is the last day of the summer sale. I've bought a load of stuff for practically fuck all:

The Blackwell Bundle

Broken Sword 3 & 4

The Eschalon Trilogy

Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy

Little Big Adventure

Sam and Max Telltale Bundle

Syberia II

Wizardry 8

Those Blackwell and Eschalon games are old school indie adventure and rpg games (respectively) that I've been meaning to play for ages.

Picked up the Sam and Max bundle, I would have bought the Tales of Monkey Island bundle as well but then I realised I owned it already from some Telltale sale a few years ago (I logged in and it's still there waiting for me to download).

I don't know much about Little Big Adventure but Edge recently posted their original review of it on their website and they gave it 9/10 so I said i'd give it a go.

I now own 69 games on GOG and my wishlist is down to less than 10 games, mostly sequels.