passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sleeping Dogs

AndyKurosaki

• 1 month later...

Yeah, if it releases at £30, i'd be tempted, I never played any of the dlc either.

Bit strange they're putting it against the GTAV remaster. Though to be fair, they're both brilliant games. I'd say SD had a more fun main character to piss about with.

Trevor was ace. But Michael was a miserable bastard. And Franklin? Meh.

• 2 months later...

I played it a bit today and Play Expo, I'm not sure it's any better looking than the pc version was, certainly not noticeably, but I'm sure I was playing some of the dlc. The dlc was mostly pretty good so that's a nice surprise, not that I'm going to be buying it, but I did love Sleeping Dogs

I was most surprised to find out that the new versions look better than the original on PC. I thought it would be on par as the original maxed out looked pretty damn good.

Some framerate problems, though 25 isn't too bad.

Is this a budget title?

It appears that the Definitive Edition has new lighting and various other tweaks that weren't in the 2012 version on PC.

The rest of it uses the PC high definition textures and increased world density, so if those visual changes are improvements it ought to look better by default. The performance hit on consoles is a bit of a letdown though.

It's £20 on Steam but 50% off if you own the original. That's a decent upgrade price, but to me it doesn't really look worth buying again if you've played the original. But if you haven't played it, it's well worth getting on PS4/Xbone, I really liked it on PC.

• 4 months later...

Got it cheap on 360 download, got it cheap today on PS4 download.

Something like 17 gig in size but even after that hefty download the menu in game still says installing but you can start. Unfortunately, you can only get about 15 minutes in before it boots you back to the main menu and then wait to finish installing. :(

Still, looks great.