passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy + Curtain Call

Chinzon

• 1 year later...
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is coming to North America and Europe in 2014, Square Enix announced.

The game, which features over 60 characters and 221 songs, introduces new gameplay modes, including Versus Mode, where players can battle against each other, and Quest Medleys, where players can take a party of their favorite characters into battle.

Here’s a list of key features:

• Versus Battle Mode – Players can now compete head-to-head with friends and other users.
  • Quest Medley Mode – Songs from the vast Final Fantasy music catalogue make up unique quests; players can choose their own routes through short, medium and long quests. Players can also share these quests with friends.
  • New Characters – The game features over 60 new and old characters, including Barret (Final Fantasy VII) and Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2). Characters from spin-offs, like Benjamin (Final Fantasy Mystic Quest), Ramza (Final Fantasy Tactics) and Zack (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII), also make their debut in this game.
  • Collecta Crystarium – Clearing songs and winning battles allow players to obtain Collecta Cards that boost their character stats.

Watch the announcement trailer below.

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-coming-west-2014

• 1 month later...
Nintendo 3DS rhythm action spin-off Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call launches on 19th September 2014, Square Enix has announced.

Two special editions will be released. The Limited Edition includes a five-track music CD and is available to those who pre-order.

The £44.99 Collector's Edition is sold from the Square Enix store. It includes a 3DS Collector's Pouch, the CD from the Limited Edition, a 20-track The Best of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call CD, and set of five cards based on the Collect a Card designs of the game. You can enter the password on the card into the game to get the in-game version.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-03-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-release-date-announced

TRFFFCC_CE_06-03-14-600x391.jpg

• 3 months later...

demo is out now, only 2 songs by the looks of things, theres a new button control method - seemed to work really well for the mode where there's 4 'lanes' (not that the different lanes do anything), but much less well for the one where you have to follow a wibbly line. other than that i guess it's going to be just like the first one but with a shed load more songs.

• 2 weeks later...

I played about half hour of Curtain Call this evening whilst the misses finished watching a really shit film. I was too eager to play the actual game than to absorb all the new features. Its more of the same so far which I'm pretty happy about, Ive never played an FF game properly but the music is awesome. I've unlocked Quest Medley which is introduces RPG elements from what I can gather, not really fiddled about with that yet.

Its just all so bloody well put together, Im pretty happy to have another Theatrythm game to play. Ill have a proper bash over the weekend.

This is ace but I've not been playing it as much as I'd like because destiny. It's great that you can pick any difficulty mode straight away. There's quests you can do, which I don't fully understand but did the first one. And I thought I'd use the new buttons control method but I've been sticking to the old stylus controls.

did the second quest, not sure i like the quests as it was about 8 songs all with the same health bar - they were medium/easy difficulty so it was ok, but i prefer doing them at a harder difficulty even if i fail as it's more manic - so i would completely fail a quest like that. maybe it will be better if i equip my dudes with stuff - i guess they can regen health like that...? not sure as im playing without items because it gets you a better score (well it did in the first one iirc anyway).