passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Spelunky

Hendo

Those vines spell instant death for me. I've died every time when I try to jump to a short vine. I try to avoid them...

When you hit the vine you press up, so you have to time them right. What I did when I first started playing Spelunky was to blow up the middle spikes with a bomb. Then jump down safely into the pit and then use a rope to jump to the other side.

Made it to the ice level two more times and gave the tunnel man the two bombs and two ropes he needs. I actually made it to the last level of the ice caves but I found myself down on the wrong side of the map with no bombs and no ropes and the jump was too wide... Also picked up the achievement for filling 50% of the journal and unlocked the character hidden inside the coffin (I never actually whacked one before).

My run in the daily challenge was terrible though, 1-3. I managed to take a hit from a snake, a skeleton, a spider and a bat...

Made it to the ice level two more times and gave the tunnel man the two bombs and two ropes he needs. I actually made it to the last level of the ice caves but I found myself down on the wrong side of the map with no bombs and no ropes and the jump was too wide... Also picked up the achievement for filling 50% of the journal and unlocked the character hidden inside the coffin (I never actually whacked one before).

Awesome!! Which guy/gal did you get?

A black/indian dude dressed in blue. His health has a green outline, for some reason.

A black/indian dude dressed in blue. His health has a green outline, for some reason.

Is he fat African guy? That would be Round Boy.

http://spelunky.wikia.com/wiki/Spelunkers

Does it mean anything when the music changes? I've been playing as the blue man, once I heard a sound that sound like the treasure chest music in Zelda (i.e. something being unlocked). Just now I was in the jungle and the background music changed completely, it was kind of Arabian or something. Not much joy with the game today though. I made it to the ice caves once, at least I know I need a shotgun for tunnel man...

Reached the temple! Only to be crushed by a block.

Good night overall. I also got to 3-1 on the daily challenge (found the Black Market along the way) which is the first time I've gotten that far. I was only a hop away from the exit as well with the damsel in my arms but a rock turned out to be a skeleton and stood up and killed me. Too casual...

I love the ice caves they are a totally different dynamic to the first two areas. I need to get that shotgun to tunnel man though. Every time I have a shotgun I seem to run into wasp levels. The big wasp scares me.

I bought it in the stream sale for £2.99 this weekend. It's fun but I can't see myself falling for it like a lot of the Internet seems to have done. I don't think I've spent more than 30 minutes in a single session so far.

The farthest I've gone so far is Mines 1-4. I keep forgetting I have grapple ropes, which makes things a bit harder.

It's one of those games that when it clicks, it clicks hard. I thought it seemed quite boring at first, but it's a hell of a lot deeper than it appears. The controls are also excellent, they make the game of precise hopping and climbing easy, you're never fighting the controls.

Unlocked the shortcut to the ice caves which should make a big difference (the shotgun was the last requirement, I thought I had to bring the key from the mines?). I also unlocked the eskimo character from the level with the yeti. I played as her in the daily challenge and did well enough, 2-4. I killed myself with a misjudgement. I had one health left and I thought I could make a drop without taking damage but it killed me.

Getting the mine key to 3-4 is a serious challenge, but I'll get there! In my last run I was at 1-4 with around 30 bombs but I accidentally killed myself. :(

lol .... Sorry but I've done that so many times your post made me laugh. Once I stuck a stick bomb to myself, so I went on a suicide run to take out a shopkeeper.

Been busy for the past few days will get back into Spelunky soon to take back the leaderboards ;)