passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ticket To Ride

Hendo

Ticket To Ride has been updated with asynchronous multiplayer - I seem to remember Jim having this, fancy doing some matches with me? I've still barely played it and don't understand it so you can walk me through it while you destroy me.

Oi! I've bought this and challenged you to a game! You jerk.

Sorry guvnor, got it now. :blush:

So, er, what do we do then?

Ticket To Ride has been updated with asynchronous multiplayer - I seem to remember Jim having this, fancy doing some matches with me? I've still barely played it and don't understand it so you can walk me through it while you destroy me.

Oi! I've bought this and challenged you to a game! You jerk.

Sorry guvnor, got it now. :blush:

So, er, what do we do then?

Chose your tickets you want to play, then collect colored train cards that relate to a route, link green blobs together.

The perils of buying games on the App Store. :(

I wonder how obvious it is that I have no clue what I'm doing.

It doesn't help that I can't see what you did on your move. I take it you have to build up different coloured cards and use them to buy railroads? Do I have to get from one green dot to another?

I really should go through the rules.

The perils of buying games on the App Store. :(

I wonder how obvious it is that I have no clue what I'm doing.

It doesn't help that I can't see what you did on your move. I take it you have to build up different coloured cards and use them to buy railroads? Do I have to get from one green dot to another?

I really should go through the rules.

You can put down tracks anywhere, but you get bonus points for linking the green dots together. You can get more destinations cards as well to boost your score. But that's basically it. At the end you get a bonus points for having the longest continuous track.

Probably worth nipping through a few single player games with the computer, they only take about 5-10 minutes a game.

It's actually pretty easy, Jon, it just looks daunting from the off.

You pick which routes you want to go for and aim to link up from one main station to the other.

On a turn you either pick 2 coloured (careful now) cards or put them down on the map.

The amount of blocks between dots is how many cards you need to link them (I only just figured this, as blindingly obvious as it was) or you can use bonus train cards to add to a colour if you haven't got enough.

5928029_f520.jpg

So say your route was the very top left to the one slap bang in the middle, you could use a single ticket to go down, 3 to go along the right or 4 to go the alternative right.

Those 3 routes are grey which can be used by any colour, so if you've got a load of blue tickets but you don't plan on using them, you could use them on the grey tracks instead.

(Just to clarify though, you can start anywhere, put down tracks anywhere - I'm just saying that if you wanted to make that specific route)

That's the starting point anyway.

I'm really enjoying it but it does have one small sticking point - the turns go by really quick and as it's only me and Jim playing (you can have 5 players I think) it can seem a bit shit doing your small move and then not moving for ages but then the alternative would be online at the same time only, which would suck.

It's been great when me and Jim were playing back and forth at the same time, it moves pretty quick.

Bought the XBLA version for something turn-based to play and it's a good version, works really well.

It's a shame, though, that the online is dead, and there's only the America map unless you spend about 1000 points for a couple of expansions. Will play more and investigate if the expansions are any good.

Also, phone battery and net access have been poor the last day or so, will get my turns on the iOS version done in the next hour or so.

Bought the XBLA version for something turn-based to play and it's a good version, works really well.

It's a shame, though, that the online is dead, and there's only the America map unless you spend about 1000 points for a couple of expansions. Will play more and investigate if the expansions are any good.

Also, phone battery and net access have been poor the last day or so, will get my turns on the iOS version done in the next hour or so.

I'll pick it up as well at some point. I would highly recomend splashing out on the europe update as well.

They have just released the american add-on's for the iphone version, 59p i believe. Add's new destinations and slight rule changes.

It's actually pretty easy, Jon, it just looks daunting from the off.

You pick which routes you want to go for and aim to link up from one main station to the other.

On a turn you either pick 2 coloured (careful now) cards or put them down on the map.

The amount of blocks between dots is how many cards you need to link them (I only just figured this, as blindingly obvious as it was) or you can use bonus train cards to add to a colour if you haven't got enough.

5928029_f520.jpg

So say your route was the very top left to the one slap bang in the middle, you could use a single ticket to go down, 3 to go along the right or 4 to go the alternative right.

Those 3 routes are grey which can be used by any colour, so if you've got a load of blue tickets but you don't plan on using them, you could use them on the grey tracks instead.

(Just to clarify though, you can start anywhere, put down tracks anywhere - I'm just saying that if you wanted to make that specific route)

That's the starting point anyway.

I'm really enjoying it but it does have one small sticking point - the turns go by really quick and as it's only me and Jim playing (you can have 5 players I think) it can seem a bit shit doing your small move and then not moving for ages but then the alternative would be online at the same time only, which would suck.

It's been great when me and Jim were playing back and forth at the same time, it moves pretty quick.

Cheers for that Hendo. I still mean to get into this, I will!! :)

They have just released the american add-on's for the iphone version, 59p i believe. Add's new destinations and slight rule changes.

Just bought this so if you have this and fancy it, invite me in. I only have 3 games on the go - one with you, one with Mark and one with both - so I'm happy having a few more on the go.