passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bangai-O HD: MISSILE FURY

spatular

Oh my this is awesome to the max :D

was always going to buy it but wanted to try the trial first as i'd read it's super hard then says unlock the full game but it's much harder so only the brave should get it :lol: and it is and it does. there's only 3 levels in the demo when there's 100 in the full game so the demo is a bit stingy. the first 2 levels are the same as the first 2 in the full game but the 3rd one must be from a bit later and it's mental, there are enemies all over the screen, it's insane, i played it for ages trying to remember how the hell this game works, then read some of the how to play section, which is pretty confusing even for someone who's played the older versions.

then i finally got the hang of it, you just do a charge attack (left trigger - hold it till just before it gets to 100) then a dash (right trigger) to knock the enemies about a bit then you should have collected some fruit so recharged the charge attack and just keep repeating that, you're invincible while dashing and while charging the charge attack, but as soon as the charge counter (the number next to you) gets to 100 you're no longer invinsible so make sure you release it before 100. when there's less enemies you might have to fly around dodging stuff while collecting fruit for more attacks because you might not kill enough stuff with your last charge attack. without all the charge attacks and dodging its like a twin stick shooter.

your health is in the top left.

as usual the charge attack is more powerful the more enemies/bullets are closer to you.

the demo doesn't really explain much at all and won't convert many people unless you stick at the last level and embrace the madness.

also like the DS version there's loads of different weapons but it picks the right ones for the level you don't have to keep guessing till you get the right combo to win.

i've not got very far because the 3rd demo level took ages. so will report back later. with news of more awesomeness no doubt.

It seems to be pretty popular with the masochist weirdos who like this kind of thing, though ;)

i know what you mean, but there isn't anything else quite like bangai-o :D

played some more single player, there is a tutorial, not sure there is for the demo though? odd. and yeah it is really hard, up to about level 11, and some of thoes took a shed load of retries. i never did do all the levels on the ds or dc versions mind. and if you die 3 times on a level it lets you skip it.

yeah the demo is really bad at explaining what's going on, it should have a better tutorial, there is a help section but it's hard reading. you need to use LT - charge attack and RT - dash, which both make you temporarily invinsible, playing like geometry wars won't get you very far. also this game is super mad bastard hard. the 3rd demo level is insane, if you play that, and still like it you'll like the full game, so while the demo is bad at getting new players, it's probably good representation of the full game, if that makes any sense, but then it's hard to know if you'll like it if you don't know what's going on...at least it's not tricking people with easy demo levels.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm still playing this, i still think it's awesome but it's also getting even harder now, played about an hour yesterday without managing to do any of the levels i tried. i need to step up or some such. on the plus side i got to level 3 from the demo (level 38, although i've skipped about 10 levels or so) and did it first time B)