passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deadly Premonition

HandsomeDead

its brilliant, i have it as my ringtone but it always cuts out about 1 second after the whistling starts.

you can download the full soundtrack at the shatteredmemories/welcometogreenvale site - plus it has a brilliant collectors card/side quest guide/ester eggs/boss tips too.

Spoiler for progress just past Episode 4. Do not click unless you're well past this.

This progress is in no particular order.

In the short downtime I had, I went to go get Yorks car. Lysander didn't have it listed though. Sadface.

Harry Stewart AKA crippled Batman shed some light on the Original Raincoat Killer. Turns out it was his Father and not him who was the original murdering fuck in the red. However, that wasn't really the part that was interesting. The part that was interesting was that he saw the military pouring out gas from the clocktower, the one that chimed 13 times for reasons unknown to me just yet. Anyway, Harry segues me onto...

Forest Kaysen. What the fuck is the delio with this fat fuck? As I sit typing this, I've just figured out a possibility that makes my guts wretch. So. Kaysen is in the military on top of the tower spewing out this purple fog that's making people go crazy. A terror attack or some fucked up experiment. I doubt this is someone else as we'd all know that fucking fat ass anywhere. To be in the American military you have to be 18. Harry's flashback was 50ish years ago. This makes Kaysen in his late sixties at least. Now I just fucking jogged the whole way around Greenvale with this fat cunt. And you're telling me this guy's in his sixties? You have to be fucking joking right? He don't look like no Jimmy Saville. I think the cunt must be immortal or some shit, maybe the seeds doing. Maybe he was a Raincoat Killer elsewhere and has chilled the fuck out now. The only thing I know is that he has a squeeze in the town, one that he didn't want word getting out to that he'd being porking Diane. 50 years ago I think he was dating a beauty pageant runner up. Polly. It isn't motherly love, he's coming back so he can meet a past lover (maybe among other seed related things). No wonder Polly's back is fucked. That Dorty bastard.

So, I ran the length and bred of Greenvale as Emily. She was painted in a picture up in Mr Stewarts mansion. All the 'Goddesses' were pictured, all of whom are dead apart from Emily. Although she could be on the list as she had a hand full of seeds stuffed down her maw by Carol. Fuck knows if that's going to get her killed or turn her into a blabbering psychopath. Kaysen is taking her to hospital. Do I trust him? I don't fucking know. As soon as I figured we were going to the clocktower I got a bit stressed. It started raining, and I was with the fat cunt that probably started all this fiasco in the first place. Bad gravy. The accent to the top of the clock tower culminated in me facing of with a disturbed Thomas. It was OK though, Emily has a mean right hook that truly messed up his pretty face. I'd just like to add that the song played while you are running about is the worst piece of music. Ever.

I sort of suspected Thomas to be a wrong 'un, but I wasn't expecting him to be as fucked up as he was. I was right to assume that George and him were covering their tracks up. I wasn't really ready for the whole cross dressing thing. That was a bit weird. Sad to see him go, his biscuits are delicious apparently.

There's not really much to say about George. It looks like my suspicions were correct. What drives him to commit these complex murders? The seeds? Madness? Rejection? Combination of all of the above? I guess I'll find out when I finally deal with the small mouthed cunt.

York's being seeing some weird shit even in the streets of Greenvale. DC said that happens just when it rains, but I've spent time out in the rain before and never seen anything like that out in the open world. It would explain why there are things dotted around for you to hide in though, I just have not needed to do anything like that. Anna keeps appearing about, although I'm not sure why. I am sure it will be explained.

I wonder what happened to Nick? Locked up and that was the end of it. Pretty mental if he died in there or whatever.

I don't think I'm far from the end. There's a few times where it's looked like the game is going to climax and squirt its liquidly load all over my balls, but then it reigns itself in and just keeps on going. I'm certain it'll be all over next play session.

And done. What a roller coaster ride that was. Is it done? Yes... Actually no, play for a bit more. Is it done? Close, just keep going. Is it done? You're right on the precipice now. Is it done? Nope, you still have like another hour of game to play. Fucking hell. All of it was amazing though.

Again, don't clicky if you have not finished the game.

So, going back through my posts along with the predictions I got right and wrong.

Thomas MacLaine

Possible match for Kaysen?

What the fuck was I thinking? I couldn't have been further off the mark if I tried.

George Woodman

George. He was meant to be staking out Diane's house and said nobody went in or out. He was intoxicated when I followed Nick up to the art gallery. Did he set the elaborate kill scene for Diane? He's wearing boots. Kaysen said he heard someone wearing boots outside when Diane locked him in the hole. He set the trap off at Becky's death scene despite being told not to by York. I dunno. I learned after that he scars were caused by his mother whipping him with trees. Trees come from seeds. These red seeds are all over the fucking place. Something that I did notice when I was in the hall of the art gallery is that the big sculpture of the red tree looked exactly like the elaborate way Becky was rigged to die. All those wires. So Yeah. When Anna died, she was hung in a tree, a red one. Becky was rigged to collapse in what resembled a tree with her as a trunk and the cloth as branches. Finally we have Diane seemingly coming back from the dead, spouting off some madman shit before being crush to death by an artist impression of one of these red trees. These red trees are all the common link between deaths so far, and given that George was beaten by trees as a kid and used to apologise to them because he thought he was wrong, then I think he could possibly be the Raincoat Killer. It doesn't help that he won't admit that there are files in the police station concerning the killer I'm currently trying to get hold of that he wont admit exist.

I pretty much hit the nail on the head there, and I hit it hard, although I didn't make the connection between the upsidown peace logo being a tree logo. Now I know it's totally fucking obvious, but until it was displayed for me to see I totally had no idea of the connection. It was the same with the scars around Georges back, I knew he was the killer, but I knew he didn't have the logo as York stated until he encircled it with the leather top. That was a pretty good way of hiding the obvious.

Forrest Kaysen

Kaysen I believe is tied to the case, but is not the killer either.

I was right.

I believe he is the vehicle that is spreading the red seeds from their originating place of Greenvale.

I was right again.

I also have the suspicion that he might be bisexual, because I'm thinking of other women he could be having affairs with and I'm drawing a blank.

I was wrong. So, so, so wrong.

Harry's flashback was 50ish years ago. This makes Kaysen in his late sixties at least. Now I just fucking jogged the whole way around Greenvale with this fat cunt. And you're telling me this guy's in his sixties? You have to be fucking joking right? He don't look like no Jimmy Saville. I think the cunt must be immortal or some shit, maybe the seeds doing.

My assumptions were correct, although I'm not clear on whether it was the seeds doing. He was a bit like Jimmy Saville. A fucking monster.

Forrest Kaysen is fucking Polly.

Oh dear...

I was with the fat cunt that probably started all this fiasco in the first place

Yup.

Francis York/Zach Morgan

This debunks my original theory that Angel Isaac and Isaiah were young versions of Zach and York.

I'm not sure I got this right or wrong. I think these two were meant to symbolise the dual personality Morgan carries. There were sections of the game where York referred to Zach where I took it under different meanings as the game progressed. At first I took it as York was calling me, the player Zach. After a while of listening talk to Zach I assumed York was fictional and Zach was making him up in his head, like a dream or something. After Emily comes to see York I was thinking that maybe York was just fucked up and had a split personality. Some of the infighting for Emily's attention was a bit weird and it would veer between all of what I had suspected, It was really fucked up, sort of schizophrenic and unerring. When I finally found out about how the seeds are propagated and how Morgan came to have that scar in his hairline it all made sense. There was that part where he had come to terms with what had happened in the past and what was happening now. When he started asking York for help and wasn't getting anywhere with it it was a bit heart breaking actually. Needless to say, Morgan finally got even with the cunt that killed his family.

There was something I was going to mention but never did due to it being a bit of a weird observation, but playing as York, did anyone else notice that his eyes sort of changed colour from place to place? That was one of the reasons I thought York was a figment, although I was never sure of it enough to commit it to a post. I also noticed that most people were talking about York's scar which seemed a bit insignificant until you got to see the real life scar on Zach's face.

Isaac and Isaiah

Not directly tied to the game, but in conversations I've had with a few people before I completed the game (DC being the main one), I've talked about mediums in games. It was a bit freaky finding out they can talk to the Goddesses. It was just fucking weird, you know. Maybe in the future I'll (we'll) spill more on the subject. It was definitely a "Woah!" moment.

I think that's pretty much it. As a game it was fucking terrible. I'm pretty sure if I sat down and typed every problem I had with it, it'd be in excess of 500+ problems or bad design decisions. Still, with all that, it's one of the best games I've ever played. It managed to grip with a compelling story that had you tight in its grip until the very end, and from what I could see it was all inclusive to itself, there were no plot holes, everything made sense and it didn't just throw shit in there like a lot of entertainment does. It's not often a game rivals the other media's for story telling, but this is one of the exceptions. Yup, it looks awful, the music is all over the place and can be grating, the acting in it is wooden and the voice overs are not the best, but it doesn't matter, it has great writing. A game that will stand out for years to come for being one of the best of this gen.

I'd actually like the writers responsible to go freelance and write stories for other devs to put games to. There's an idea I could get behind.

I'll leave out with this. Just because I think it's brilliant. Creepy, but brilliant.

I got DP fired up again and I'm not going to finish this game. Fuck it. Everything that people like about it I agree with but I am not, just not, fighting another wall crawler. I said I stopped playing but couldn't remember why, and when I killed two wall crawlers and yet another climbed out of a vent I lost the will to play it. And that's exactly what happened last time.

I think I had it set on hard, and all I had was 7 rounds of a shotgun and a sub-machine gun. They aren't hard they just take too long to kill and I have better games to play than waste my time on those cunts.

I hate the wall cunts. Luckily you fight maybe 20 in the duration of the whole game. It doesn't stop them being ultra shit though. The only ones that came close to being as shit as them were the fire fucks. Oh, I hated them. I hated them so so much.

I'm sure that will help but getting an infinite magnum sounds like more work. I'm just going to trade it in to help with new games for the next few months. I've experienced it, I 'get it', it's fine, and I may even return to it. The future is an unpredictable thing, but for now, I'm done.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just concentrating on the story and haven't done any of the side missions (not going to bother with those)

You're doing it wrong. Go back a page or so and find the post that Sly quoted of mine with a shortlist of some of the essential side-quests. They make the game much more enjoyable with a more powerful gun and unlimited ammo.

I suppose if you start having problems later on you can go back and do some side quests but I wanted to just breeze through the shooting bits without worrying about ammo at all.

This pretty much. I bet they get (even more) tedious as fuck if you have to watch your ammo count.

• 2 months later...

Finished the lumbermill episode with the hilariously epic QTE-escape. Went exploring for a while and picked up five or six trading cards and a couple of those human bones lying around. Also peeked into a few curtains.

Starting to love this game - it really is an auteur effort. I love the cut-scenes, the characters, the story, the pop culture musings of York in the car. It's a unique experience, and hopefully the first of many from whoever the hell made this game...