passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deadly Premonition

HandsomeDead

you should also be able to find the flower after you have done the hospital.

replay any previously done areas (the warpy thing will be outside the locations) and they all have infinite weapons of some kind.

glad to see you playing it, its superb. also, just run past enemies when you can, you'll spend too much time faffing around killing them otherwise, just be careful in tight corridors, they will block you & fist you.

your in for a right treat!

and get morgans car, its the bomb! (and that bloody fast travel radio - it will also bring whatever car you last drove with you).

have you studied the different licence plates yet? spoilers abound.

morgans car has max everything.

the petrol station should open up for you soon too.

It's open, I've been filling up every time I pass usually. I've got to say, even though the map in game fucking sucks, it's just made me learn the town. It's not actually that big when you look at it, although some of the places are way out in the sticks. I won't be going to those places until I'm asked I guess.

Well. I've past the Becky bit. I think Carol's going to be next. I'm starting to lack trust in George and Thomas. I got the pistol with unlimited ammo and I managed to find out where the bones go and got myself a flame thrower. I'm beginning to think York should have just run that Raincoat motherfuck over at the start of the game. I hate him. Or her. I have no idea who the fuck it is.

I have both infinite magnum and infinite flame thrower. Emily's OK I guess. I'm thinking the game closes with her getting attacked or something. I don't fucking know any more. Trying to second guess a game where the towns resident walk around wearing one shoe, talk to dollar bills, walk like they broke their backs and a cripple wears a gas mask all the time is fucking pointless. Just enjoy the ride I guess.

EDIT: Keiths guitar?

its a reward for a sidequest from keiths mrs, you have to do her 3 box pushing side quests 1st (easy).

also, you have probably copped (but the took me a while to realise):

1. some things are only open when it rains.

2. on the menu where you can view your side quests, it has numbers - these are the chapters when the quest is available - took me a while to understand that (doh).

3. if you obtain somehting for a quest you can reload an earlier chapter and carry all your tiems with you back& forth - only do this once you have finished your current latest chapter though, keeps things neat like.

4. if your chasing collectors cards look out for shiny things in birds nests.

this is making me want to play again!

Yep. Got it out on the side and everything.

It's no bloody good on the side. Get it played!

Yes, play it, send it back or send it to Nag. Or anyone else want to borrow it?

I'm actually tempted to buy it on Games on Demand and have my physical copy fly around to whoever wants to try it.

I just came to post about my last session and this caught my eye.

have you studied the different licence plates yet? spoilers abound.

From now on I'm going to spoiler my posts. If you have not played, please don't open them, you are just ruining the game for yourself. If you have not played it, you really should, it's been a ride and a half and I can certify that you've never experienced anything like this before in any other game. Seriously. Go play it. Now.

Now, here we go.

So yeah, I have noticed the registration plates. It wasn't until tonight I realised they tied into the story of the person driving the car until Emily told me about her mother. I'll keep an eye out for them now as I just thought they were in jokes.

I think next time I play I'm going to go get Yorks car. It seems wrong to be driving around in Quints car at this point in the game.

So let me cover what's happened so far, what I predicted, if I got it right or wrong and where I think the game is going to take me next.

So, I've sat down to type this and had a bit of a mental block. I predicted that Carol and Diane were heavily involved in the case, and suspected that Carol would get bumped followed by Diane. Well, now Diane's dead and I know Carol is involved with the Raincoat Killer cultist movement, or whatever it fucking is. She has insider knowledge as she knows Nick isn't the Raincoat killer, however, I think he may have some involvement unbeknown to himself. I'm unsure at the moment. Kaysen I believe is tied to the case, but is not the killer either. If what Mr Stewart said is correct, then I believe he is the vehicle that is spreading the red seeds from their originating place of Greenvale. I don't know if he's an unwitting accomplice or what yet. I also have the suspicion that he might be bisexual, because I'm thinking of other women he could be having affairs with and I'm drawing a blank. He's seriously a man about town though, he visits every cunt in Greenvale and can get into places even when they are closed off to me. Maybe I should follow him and spy on him.

Then we get onto George. He was meant to be staking out Diane's house and said nobody went in or out. He was intoxicated when I followed Nick up to the art gallery. Did he set the elaborate kill scene for Diane? He's wearing boots. Kaysen said he heard someone wearing boots outside when Diane locked him in the hole. He set the trap off at Becky's death scene despite being told not to by York. I dunno. I learned after that he scars were caused by his mother whipping him with trees. Trees come from seeds. These red seeds are all over the fucking place. Something that I did notice when I was in the hall of the art gallery is that the big sculpture of the red tree looked exactly like the elaborate way Becky was rigged to die. All those wires. So Yeah. When Anna died, she was hung in a tree, a red one. Becky was rigged to collapse in what resembled a tree with her as a trunk and the cloth as branches. Finally we have Diane seemingly coming back from the dead, spouting off some madman shit before being crush to death by an artist impression of one of these red trees. These red trees are all the common link between deaths so far, and given that George was beaten by trees as a kid and used to apologise to them because he thought he was wrong, then I think he could possibly be the Raincoat Killer. It doesn't help that he won't admit that there are files in the police station concerning the killer I'm currently trying to get hold of that he wont admit exist.

Thomas has done a disappearing act. Nick was shouting him, and at the time I thought he was just ignoring him. Turns out he's totally gone missing. I'm not really sure about Thomas to be honest. Is he really as useless as he puts out? George is currently out looking for him, but then again this could be a ruse to cover his tracks over the identity of the Raincoat Killer. However, I think it may be possible that Thomas is the killer too. He possibly might be dead now though, I have no idea. I don't even know where to chase this up either, there are literally no leads. Possible match for Kaysen?

Emily. So I learnt that her mother died of cancer, and that George asked her out when she arrived in Greenvale. This makes me worry. See above profiling of what I think of George. In these story parts I also learnt the origin (or some of it) of Zach. This debunks my original theory that Angel Isaac and Isaiah were young versions of Zach and York. I also learnt why York became a profiler and what happened to his parents with the whole Zach reveal. I wondered around in Yorks psyche and had a chat with a demasked Harry Stewart. It was weird. I saw the scene where York lost his parents, however, his mother was a ghoul and his father was covered in shadows. Was his father possibly the original Raincoat Killer? It's hard to say, although it would tie in why the FBI had no files on him if it was an inside job. Is it possible Harry was the original Raincoat killer, or even part of the investigation when it supposedly originally happened? I'm not sure. I think he plays a big part in the story though, sort of like the Illusive Man from ME2. Although like the Illusive man, I don't know if he's feeding me shit or guiding me on the correct path. He mentioned that the military covered it up. I could go to the scrapyard and talk to the 'Veteran', although I'm not sure where the fuck that'll get me. Almost none of the stuff he says ties into anything apart from him saying the Raincoat Killer isn't a myth. I guess chatting to him won't harm me, although I guess I should take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

People know these seeds carry a negative connotation, Particularly Brian who wouldn't even touch the seeds that fell in the fenced off area in his graveyard. Again, I think Brian has more to do with the story than suggested at this time. He never sleeps, hence his name, and he never leaves the graveyard. Is he preventing people from getting in or out? Is this the whole mortality thing again with the red seeds rumours? Odd. Just like everything else in Greenvale.

I think that's about it concerning my thought on where the hell this is going. I know it's all pointless and the game will probably stick two fingers up to my theories, but I'm going to continue putting them up here and seeing how much I get right/wrong.

Also, those wall climbing fuckers can fuck the fuck off to fucking fuckville. I hate them.

I guess I should follow what little leads I have. Please don't spoiler it by telling me if I am right or wrong. I don't mind if you cover stuff I have debunked though, just throw it up in spoiler tags so that you don't spoil it for people who are yet to play.

This game though, I fucking love it. The action bits might be fucking shit, but by golly it makes other story driven games look like the Hungry Caterpillar. :wub:

I left it off at the other world part of the police station looking for the records. I hate leaving it in the mental sections, but I was pretty tired and looking for the key to unlock the door after I found the first profiling clue (the raincoat Killer attacking or damaging the filing system) was abit more than I could handle at the time. Hopefully I go back and find the key right away. I hate playing the underworld bits, or whatever they are. They suck.

chapter 23? oh your well on now.

your going to love the dodgy controls soon!

and do not eat thomas' biscuit if you get it, its the best healing item in the entire game - only use as a last resort.

and if you go back to chapter 2 whilst doing this you will glitch the game so dont do it.