passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Deadly Premonition

HandsomeDead

is his first quest to

find something for him in the police station? if so (according to a guide i looked at) you have to talk to him at his house (after 9?) for his second quest which involves the flower. so could that be it?

edit - spoilered that just in case

Yep, done that one, still can't get his second quest started.

However, I have now bought a new car which is almost twice as fast as the police cars but the turning is a bit shit. And I did the spooky tunnel side quest which gives the machine gun with unlimited ammo.

Started George's second quest - I think he has to be in his house and it has to be raining, though I could be wrong about the rain.

I was considering taking my time to go crazy collecting the cards and doing the side-quests but I've decided to sack them off unless they're on my way, and concentrate on the main story. I'm hoping I can get it finished today as I'm back in work tomorrow.

The story has got more intriguing but unfortunately I got more things spoiled for me by looking up some guides for the side quests and cards. I've had certain people named as enemies but that's it, luckily I stopped reading at that point.

It had the worst first impression and it has some serious design flaws (there's about 4 separate problems with the map, alone) but there's a great game in here. It's sucked me right in.

Don't listen to anyone who says, "it's so bad it's good!" as they're talking bollocks and hiding behind the whole guilty pleasure thing - you either enjoy it or you don't. I fucking hate irony and sarcasm in criticism, it makes me grind my teeth.

I'd recommend it fully as long as you know that the control is shit, the map is almost useless and it looks rough as fuck. If you can get past all that then it's a great game.

Yeah sorry, meant to emphasise the bit about the rain as I went round there once but even though he was in, his house was "closed".

I've got a new nemesis in this game, a new type of enemy. Had it a few times now but only just realised that the best way of killing it quickly is to use my flame thrower. So if you come across an enemy that seems to take a while to get down, that or apparently the shotgun is the best bet - really wish I had the unlimited shotgun now.

The plotline is going in an even more bizarre twist. If I hadn't accidentally read one line about a character, I would've never guessed where this is going but it does seem like this town has a lot of dark secrets.

sorry, i thought you'd missed the house part :blush:

i got the infinite smg too, really hope i can get a better car or the fast travel thing soon, the driving is getting pretty annoying with long distances, slow speed, bad fuel economy and turning circle of a zoo.

Don't listen to anyone who says, "it's so bad it's good!" as they're talking bollocks and hiding behind the whole guilty pleasure thing - you either enjoy it or you don't.

never laughed your face to bits at a bad movie, hendles? ironic enjoyment is a bit of a poncey phrase though, it does make it sound sneering and far too self-aware. id rather just say i like some crap stuff :)

theres a clearly visible, fantastic game in deadly premonition, very unique and clever. theres just a good deal of 'bad' stuff in it, that made me laugh like a spaz. and i like laughing. like a spaz.

Yeah but with a bad movie you just have to laugh at it for an hour or two - a badly designed game can cause temper tantrums.

As you say it's a great game - one of my favourite games of the past few years possibly - but doesn't make it easy to be loved at first.

The problem I have with the "so bad it's good" crowd (and the thing that put me off playing it before I bought it) is they make it sound like they only like purely because it's so bad which is really unfair. Yeah, it looks shocking and is so cheesy at times but underneath all that is a superb game.

For the record, I'm up to the "YOU FILTHY PIG!!!!" boss fight which did indeed have me laughing like a spaz.

dont get me wrong, the gameplay is awful, i dont laugh as i drive from one end of the map to the other, i want to rip off SWERYs head. but the bulk of the game is cutscenes and dialogue, and therein lies a lot of dodgy stuff :) and flat out amazing stuff too :D

those bossfights just get stupider by the way.. check out the music on them too its awesome! no whistling either

finished this last night, enjoyed it a lot, looking back on it i'm not sure how i enjoyed it so much with all the not-so-great gameplay elements, but it never keeps you on the same thing for too long, and the plot is interesting, very funny at points too :)

i never got the quick travel radio in the end, left it too late, did get the car that was nearly twice as fast as the police car though and it wasn't too much hastle driving round as i didn't really do many side quests. had i wanted to do the side quests the radio would have been essential i recon.

Yeah I missed the radio quest and a few others probably so I didn't bother hanging around the town do finish up, just went to the hotel to end it.

I might go through again on Easy and see if you can carry what you did over, or if not, just use a guide and do everything.

Bonkers game, truly bonkers.

Bah! I got to this bit with invisible girl zombies and I hate them, they take ages to kill and aren't fun. I got careless and died after fighting three or four of them in a row. Can't be arsed going through it again.

It was getting interesting too, fucking game.

yeah man theyre a pain! really easy to avoid but they take ages to kill. i never tried the flamethrower, couldve saved myself a lot of hassle on my hard playthrough! i used the magnum, on ard i think it took 10 or more shots to kill them, and you could only shoot them once at a time. what i did to not get hit was wait til theyre running at me, and just run past them, theyd go into their attack animation but ive run past them so they cant hit me, turn around and shoot! rinse and repeat, dodging their groinballs where appropriate

Has it turned up yet, Mark?

Found this, had to share. :D

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

If you want it back let me know. I will get to playing more eventually though.

Nah keep hold of it but you should stick with it.

I would say just burn through the main story missions but there's definitely reasons to do certain side-quests as you get better cars and weapons.