passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

http://account.xbox.com/en-gb/screenshot/19859aa0-5ac6-43b2-92ab-9d61258aa20e?gamerTag=Sly%20Reflex&scid=36d70100-472b-47ec-9a55-a44b6c67b77d

SW:ESB 65.9m

I think I have a little bit more left in the tanks for this table. I think I'd be extremely lucky to get any more than 100m, the payouts are pitiful compared to the complexity of the things the table is asking you to do.

http://account.xbox.com/en-gb/screenshot/d7e5a1ce-e705-4772-9b58-26c3bdd2cff0?gamerTag=Sly%20Reflex&scid=36d70100-472b-47ec-9a55-a44b6c67b77d

TWD 119.1m

I'm sooo fucking close to getting the wizard mode open on TWD. It's episode 2 where you have to hit the lit ramps and then hit the mission zombie over and over again, I just can't do it in the time allotted. I've had everything lit up apart from episode 2 a handful of times now but I just can't beat that one mission. The time limit is too strict.

*shrugs shoulders* the ones that we are playing next perhaps?

I'd recommend Guardians, that was fun with hindsight. I've grown to love Wanking Dad but it's a tough table. The Star Wars pack is tough to recommend for £8. I really like the ESB table, but it's unforgiving. The Clone Wars table is fun but a bit throw away and Bubba Fetta is god awful.

I need to get back on this but decorating calls again..

Walking Dead is one of those tables where once you get into it it's quite meaty, lots to see and do, it rewards continual play and it has a bit of manipulation going on to get what you want. If you only scratch the surface of it you don't get any of that stuff.

I'm not as sold on SW:ESB, although it does have the perk of you pretty much always being on a mission.

Not played enough of Clone wars to have an option.

Boba Fett is baws.

I guess depending on what Manicm goes for dictates what we play next. If he picks something that we've already done we'll pick something else.If he picks something new to us then we'll do that.

What's the free table they bundle in with the base game on Playstation? I think it's Sorcerer's Lair in Microsoft land. If it's the same on Playstation then anyone who wants to try their hand can have a go and punting Andy to the bottom of the leaderboards.

I'm not sure if this needs a new thread or if you want to make this the general pinball thread? I downloaded Pinball Arcade on pc, mainly to have a go at some 'classic' tables. I spent my lunch break (between decorating) trying out Adam's Family and Star Trek: TNG. I'm not sure I like how the ball handles. It feels very heavy but also artificial. I think what Zen does well is the replication of a really ball moving. It's also not as slick as Zen but the tables seem well replicated.

As for the tables themselves, I can see why they are classics. There is a lot going on, but nothing that would only be possible on digital pinball. I'm especially enjoying TNG, I can see myself spending quite a bit of time on it.

I know zen have done their own versions of both those tables, but when I checked the other week, I'm pretty sure they are only Pinball FX and not Zen.

Also also, I'm not going to get time to beat the WD and ESB scores as we're going away for the weekend tomorrow, so it would seem I'm coinciding again :(

Walking Dead (Ends 29/8)
1. Sly 119.1m
2. Jim 116.7m
3. Andy 13.1m (not confirmed)
Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back (Ends 29/8)
1. Sly 65.9m
2. Jim 44.2m
3. Andy 4.5m
Star Wars: Clone Wars (Ends 26/8)
1. Sly 47.5m
2. Jim 39.3m
3. Andy 18.6m
WHAT IS NEXT? (Starts ???)
Sly's Wins (4): Portal I - Guardians of the Galaxy I - Boba Fett I - Clone Wars / Jim's Wins (0): / Andy's Wins (0):

I know a lot of people prefer the ball movements in Arcade but to me they seem slightly off. The acceleration on it is a bit extreme and the way it bounces sometimes is confounding. I mean you still get slightly weird behaviour in FX/Zen but it seems more consistent. Stuff like nudging or making shots up ramps that look weird like hitting certain orbits with the upper flippers but I put that down to the ball being hit so hard that it's going to ricochet off stuff and do that anyway. I much prefer what Zen have done with their physics model in the current games. I've not played pinball Arcade since I got it, although an update hit and I'm expecting the next time I load it up that everything will have locked up.

Addams Family and Star Trek were part of Pinball FX 1 except they were reskinned as Buccaneer and Agents. Agents was flipped over as well. Of course both remakes are different objective wise, although the objectives remain mostly the same, it's just in a different scenario. The problem was that when they went from FX1 to FX2 they altered the ball physics and because of that those tables became a bit of a bastard to play. Buccaneer in particular got done over as the objective popper would ping the ball back into play and straight down the right outlane every single time, even nudging the table wasn't enough to stop that from happening. Agents didn't suffer as much as that but it was still stunted by the change that plagued all the original tables.

Is South Park on Pinball Arcade? That's been reskinned as Blade on Zen's tables. I'm fucking awful at that table.

If you're conceding that leaves 4 open spots for the next lot of tables unless Manicm picked up the Star Wars one and can beat Andy's score to give you a time extend. I guess now would be an ideal time to go for one of the four packs. There's 2 lots of original tables and god knows how many Marvel ones. I think there's Star Wars ones as well, if any of us can tolerate consuming any more of that universe.

EDIT: Top post.

The football ones aren't available for me yet. I think they are all the same table just under different clubs though? I'm not sure.

I think we should be careful what we wish for in regards people signing up. If Spatula joins nobody will ever win ever again. :lol: