passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Pinball Thread

Sly Reflex

I've dug the 360 out of the loft and spent about half an hour jumping through hoops to get myself signed back in (nice that MS have stepped up their efforts to secure accounts, as much of a pain as it was signing in and out a whole bunch, I'm glad that it's difficult for any chump to gain access to my account)

The advice on the Zen forums is to play each table on line, which I did, but still with no joy. 

I've taken a video of the tables I have, and me showing the tables I've purchased and emailed zen support to see if they can help.

crossing my fingers that they can and I can get some of my purchased tables back.

The new tables are hard as fuck. TPA Attack from Mars feels quite sedate. FX3 Attack from Mars whizzes along at a fair old pace, in tournament mode it's like running down a big hill and trying to stop.

Black Rose feels significantly harder too, I'm not exactly an expert on it anyway, but it's much harder to hit anything and the outlanes are ferociously hungry.. Party Zone feels roughly the same, although it gives zero fucks with ball save. That table is absolutely merciless.

The sound effects sound fantastic on all of them, the mushrooms on one of the tables really does sound like aggressive plastic slapping on metal. It sounds really authentic.

no word back from zen aupport, they've not even acknowledged my email :(

I managed to get 42M on my first ball on Sorcerer's lair this evening. I was hoping to get an absolute blinding score.

however, after a hilarious "I can leave this and it will be fine", shortly followed by a cat attack causing me to drop the controller, I didn't manage to get my score past 43M ?

Just now, Jimbo Xiii said:

@RoboticMonk3y are you on Reddit? There is a pinballfx3 sub Reddit that Zen people are quite active on. 

read what now? lol

I read through the zen forums to see how to fix the issue of tables not importing, followed their advice of playing the tables on the 360, and this would register them in the system, then try importing again, all of which I did, sadly with no joy.

I took a video of me opening my purchased tables from my 360 and sent it to the zen support email, but nothing. and no views on the youtube video. so....

I guess back to plan B, which is waiting for a good sale :) 

1 hour ago, regemond said:

Jesus Christ! How long does that take?

Sly might be able to correct me here, but I found the most important thing is keeping the ball in play.

Lighting up all the letters next to the bottom bumpers closed off the drains down either side. Also, that left hand side is dangerous, especially when you've done the "tree loop" and you're coming out of the round bumpers. Even if I have the drains closed, I will always try to go for a nudge to stop the ball draining down the far left

Keeping the kickbacks alive is a good way to extend games. They should be your priority to stop outlane drains happening. You can bang back as well, but I think that's a bit off for some of the newer players. It's hard enough for me.

Also nudging the table is a good idea when ti looks like a ball is going to go out even if you have kickbacks lit. Think of the kickbacks as resources, you only want to use them when absolutely necessary. Also once you have both kickbacks lit, light the rest of the letters up, but leave one unlit so you can get a kickback ASAP if one gets burned.

For reference.

1.  145,265,835 @RoboticMonk3y
  2. 38,452,440 @regemond

Ginger bollocks has a fair bit of catching up to do to claim that top spot. I know he can do it though.