passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

WRC 2010

spatular

the new WRC game has a demo up and it's surprisingly ace! i love rally games but wasn't expecting too much from this but the handling on pro seems great, i hope there's some way of putting auto gears on in the pro mode though, i couldn't figure it out in the demo anyway.

the new WRC game has a demo up and it's surprisingly ace! i love rally games but wasn't expecting too much from this but the handling on pro seems great, i hope there's some way of putting auto gears on in the pro mode though, i couldn't figure it out in the demo anyway.

Lol! I just came on to rant about how shit it is. It looks REALLY awful and it plays like an N64 racer. The car just pivots.

yeah the graphics are bad, very bad. what's wrong with the handling though? i thought it was really good, if you mean it looks like the car pivots through the centre then cmr2 does the same thing and that's ace. i only tried it on the pro mode though, it was tricky but not as hard as rbr.

played some more of that rally demo, wasn't sure if its just me really liking rally games as i've heard lots of bad things about it but no i still really like the handling. the co driver is crap and annoying though, i had the ai set to hardest and was only 2 seconds off the pace and he kept saying how crap i was, and he can't even read the pace notes out in time, funny when he screams when you hit something though. good job there's a mini map to use instead of listening to him. i'm going to get the wheel out and if it has good force feedback i'll probably preorder it.

edit - apparently you can make the guy say stuff earlier in the options which is good :)

Downloaded the WRC demo from xbox live today, the full game is out Oct 8th.

Graphically its not as radical as Dirt2, but its clear concise ans well mapped out. The 2 demo tracks are good fun and i managed to green half way round the first but struggled the rest. Its not the control its me, been a while since i played a good rally game. For me the game feels like the Mcrae's from the early days. For me the last good one was the xbox version which was great fun.

The camera replays are also epic, one bit you watch me slide round a u-bend corner, kicking the back end of the car round, looks a great game, feels a well put together and built game. Looking forward to racing a C2 VTS round the routes, something ive always enjoyed racing my own car round in a game, used to be 206's in the other rallys.

With WRC and the new F1 games, specific racing fans are in for a treat this autumn.

- Hendo please move to right area. As the impressions section is for full games??

- Hendo please move to right area. As the impressions section is for full games??

Moved. I've created a thread with the posts spatular and mrlakitu made in the Demo Thread. This area is for raw impressions, it doesn't matter if it's a demo or not. If there's enough interest it'll get its own thread. It's more that we don't want news and previews in this section. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Great now uwe boll of rally games has his own thread. See what you did spatular? :P

got the full game and it's ace :raspberry:

played it loads yeasterday/today in the main career mode, you have to start off on slow Fwd cars, which was disapointing at first but they are pretty good fun. i was struggling to control the slides but then remembered the Fwd touring cars just floor it when spinning - works a treat in this. the main career is pretty big, i've just moved up to the first lot of 4wd cars, and they're alot harder to control, still fun but still slow compared to wrc cars, was playing with the difficulty slider a few notches down from the hardest setting but might have to drop it more so i can compete now. hope i get to some wrc cars before it outstays its welcome forza3 style though.

it works ok with the wheel, as far as i can tell it has the important force feedback relating to grip but "fun" forces like the bumpyness of the road etc it misses out on although it may be a menu option - i need to check that out. not a patch on something like dirt2's awesome force feedback.

the graphics are still bad though, going from codemasters f1 game to this is a bit of a shock. the tracks are pretty well laid out with nice variation in backgrounds/scenery, but it does look like its using some sort of HD version of the N64's blur filter thing.

overall i'm really enjoying it but then i am a big rally game fan :)

• 2 weeks later...