passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sly Reflex

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the sixth episode in our in-depth look at everything Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. This week, it's all about the hard-earned medals you can be awarded for your heroic actions in combat. Below is the complete list of every achievement and trophy in the game.

Can I Go Home Now?

Bronze/15G

Achieve a team victory on all Vietnam levels

Every Gun has a Silver Lining

Bronze/35G

Get silver stars on all primary Vietnam weapons

(Veteran weapons not included)

Ecstasy of Gold

Bronze/50G

Get gold stars on all primary Vietnam weapons

(Veteran weapons not included)

Doing the Rounds

Bronze/15G

Get a kill with all Vietnam vehicles

Cantankerous Chauffeur

Bronze/25G

Get 100 kills with Vietnam tanks

Ride of the Valkyrie

Bronze/25G

Get 50 kills with the helicopter

Would you Kindly STFU?

Bronze/10G

Destroy a Hannoi Hannah propaganda speaker

Great Balls of Fire

Bronze/10G

Get 20 kills with the flamethrower

Just Because I Can

Bronze/25G

Finish 1st on the scoreboard on any Vietnam level

Secret Achievement

This one is secret (duh)

And there you have it. Come back next Friday, when we enter the sound studio here at DICE and emerge with wondrous tales of 60's rock, enigmatic equalizers, never-ending recordings of men shouting "grenade!" -- and a Vietnamese pig named Horace.

Pretty close to owning all the pins now. Been working on the SPECTAT stuff, ordinarily I wouldn't have bought it, but I think of it as a way of a token gesture for the new VIP maps, like a way of saying keep 'em coming and I will buy your stuff.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_360/Sly%20Reflex

Will start working on those insignias after that. Would like to get all the achievements too, but getting demolition 2 kills is quite hard. Not had one for a few months now, people are too savvy to be caught out.

All pins GET!

Now to work on the insignias. This might take a while. Be satisfying if I managed it though.

I'd like to say I'll reach General of the Army, but I'm not even halfway there yet, so I dunno if I will be able to achieve that.

Looking into whoring the Demolition Man achievement if anyone is interested. It's pretty much impossible now unless you catch someone who is having a really unlucky day, which is very very rare, the lasts ones I got were back in July or August. As soon as the building starts creaking people bail, because there is a slim chance they will survive if they get out. Only way many people are going to get it is by being a dirty cheat. Does anyone want in?

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2010/11/18/harvest-day.aspx

Welcome to the fourth post in our series on the upcoming Vip Map Pack 7. This time, we take you to a beautiful field in autumn time that Bad Company players will recognize instantly.

Harvest Day is -- together with Oasis -- one of the most loved multiplayer maps from Battlefield: Bad Company. Back then, it was hugely popular due to its variety of vehicles and alternatives of play styles. This new and remastered version for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is no different. "Harvest Day 2.0" features heavy tanks, CAV's, and fast quads to get around this large-scale map.

It's a very vehicle oriented map, with focused hotspots for tight infantry battles. This map can be played with all four gameplay modes, but is at its heart a big Conquest map with 4 cappable flags. We decided to go with a four flags diamond-shaped setup in order to make use of the entire map. We kept the same layout and size of the original BC1 level, and of course made use of Destruction 2.0 and all of the other improvements in our game engine since the first Bad Company.

Rush mode starts with a clash between heavy tanks in the open fields. Later on, the action switches to more infantry focused gameplay through the last bases inside the village. Squad Deathmatch and Squad Rush take place exclusively in the village area, where players can make the best out of the numerous destructible buildings and the height difference that the village is displaying.

And there you have it! By now you should have a good idea of all four maps in VIP Map Pack 7. As always, the map pack is free for PC and VIP players. Stay tuned for more info.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're playing later on and I'm on, give us an invite.

No fucking chance. I forgot to set it to DL before work and ended up ringing home to get someone else to start it for me. Due to the snow I'm getting really poor internet service, just had a look to see if it had done DL and it's only done 30 something %. :facepalm:

There is a 1.64GB patch to DL. I think that includes everything though, so you can delete any older patches. New assets in the patch, including Oasis and Harvest Day which were big ass maps from BC1. There are two other maps called Cold War and Heavy Metal which probably uses on disc assets. Various balancing issues and kit variations are also in the patch, for instance you can put scopes on some weapons that were previously un-scope-up-able.

Mine's downloading at a reasonable speed. At 20% as I type this.

In my BC2 folder in the HDD, I've got the install, save profile, Update #2 and Update #3 (that one still coming down the pipes). So I can delete Update #2 then?

Spent time on all the maps now. Oasis and Harvest Day play almost the same as they did, although a set of crates has been removed and the crates that are there are now placed outside for the most. Both of these maps are great anyway, I really like the way the battles start of big and then you are forced into tighter and tighter conditions until the only way to progress is on foot.

Heavy Metal is the disappointing map of the 4 released. You are constantly getting hit with chopper flak and it's a proper fucking pain if the reds managed to get their hands on a few attack choppers. It looks quite nice, but I think the 360 is struggling to run it, stuff pops in and out of frame and it looks a bit shonky. Should imagine that if it settles down and people stop trying to chopper whore (which is very unlikely) then it might become fun to play.

Cold War is the surprise of the bunch. It's like a more focused version of White Pass Rush. There is little to no sniping; assault rifles, LMG's, shotguns and sub machine guns rule the roost here, and there is plenty of scope for laying traps with C4 and rigging buildings to drop to hamper the other side. It's very nice.

Had a fucking awful night on this. Truly awful, not had a stinker like that for a while. Actually had to stop myself from doing game rage, something which I have not done since '07. :blink:

Decided to put a clock up to countdown the next lot of maps that I can get angry and shouty in.

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace-Countdown-Clocks&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/12.jpg&text=Battlefield%0D%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Bad%20Company%202%0D%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20Vietnam&untilColor=6724095&textColor=13421772&datesColor=0&year=2010&month=11&day=21&hour=12&minute=0&second=0&x=13&y=84" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace-Countdown-Clocks</a></small></center>