passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock 2

Bob

Also, and I don't think this is a spoiler, but I felt like one part of the game was mis-represented - they made it sound like there was only one Big Sister who you continually fight against, but there's many of them, just like the Big Daddy's.

I sort of know what you mean, i thought that at first but the fact that you kill each one you face sort of gave it away?

My first time as a Big Daddy I kicked arse!

Me too, i got a massive kill streak and it made me feel like a big man! Or Daddy. Need to do some multi together sometime, get Bob and who ever else is playing this game.

I sort of know what you mean, i thought that at first but the fact that you kill each one you face sort of gave it away?

I mean that before the game came out they were making it sound like there was just one single Big Sister, like Nemesis in Resident Evil 3, and you'd constantly be fighting the same character.

The first time I killed one, I stood there for about 5 minutes waiting for it to come back to life and attack me!

I mean that before the game came out they were making it sound like there was just one single Big Sister, like Nemesis in Resident Evil 3, and you'd constantly be fighting the same character.

Oooooooh, i see. Take it back then monkey face.

Im on Fontains Futuristics (i think its called), ive done about half of that. Have i got much farther to go? I really need a whole evening to play this, im having to make do with an hour here and there.

Im on Fontains Futuristics (i think its called), ive done about half of that. Have i got much farther to go?

You've got one more section to go after that pretty much. You should get the "dealt with every Little Sister" achievement at the end of it, but you've still got a good portion of the game to go.

The multiplayer is really good fun. Just enjoying leveling up and trying out new plasmids to finish more trials, same principle as the barracks challenges in Call of Duty. I've found the electro bolt plasmid to feel really under-powered though. Obviously it can't be as effective as it is in the single player but there's no sense that it's doing any harm at all, so it's no surprise that the majority of people are using incinerate because there's a more obvious sense that you're hurting people when you see their flesh burning and their voice is screaming. Ah, memories.

I'm just surprised that there seems to be more thought put into it than you'd expect. It still feels like Bioshock but it's still different enough, as your characters are somewhere between the characters from the two campaigns and the splicer enemies. Looks like one of the plasmids you can unlock is the Houdini one!

Did you buy the whole.....

....elaborate set-up the Doctor does to leave instructions on how to disable his security and how to kill him, knowing he's going to be a monster, when he could've just put a bullet in his head?

Along the fact that Lamb is never mentioned in the first and she's meant to be a proper rival of Ryan, that's the only thing I found to be not very well thought through.

Dudes! If you are playing and you see me on send me an invite, my router has set itself to moderate and no matter how many times I reset it or tell it otherwise it won't change, so I kind of rely on other people for getting me into multiplayer matches.

Will do, Bob! I'm playing it quite a bit now, ranked up to level 21.

I've played most of the modes now, me and ill had some good times on Capture The Sister mode. Good old GTse, he was left all on his own and he still managed to kick our arses. Also did some capture the bases mode which is good, and later on I tried the mode where you're in 2 teams and you don't respawn when you die, last team left wins sort of thing. And also one where you have to hold down the Little Sister for as long as possible, first team to get to 3 minutes worth of holding onto her or when the 10 minute round time is up.

The problem I've had is that either my 360 is on the way out or there's a problem with the game's lobby, because my 360 freezes up completely, but only when playing Bioshock 2 and only in the lobby screen, never in the actual game. Happened about 6 times now. :(

It goes completely so I have to do a manual restart from the power button on the machine, you can't do it from the pad.

The problem I've had is that either my 360 is on the way out or there's a problem with the game's lobby, because my 360 freezes up completely, but only when playing Bioshock 2 and only in the lobby screen, never in the actual game. Happened about 6 times now. :(

It goes completely so I have to do a manual restart from the power button on the machine, you can't do it from the pad.

People were complaining about freezes on GTM as well so I assume it's the game. I couldn't be bothered reading the specifics of their constant moaning though so I don't know when it froze.

Just had a gander round the net and it does seem to be a common problem, only in the multiplayer lobby screen, so my 360 is safe (for now).

I hope they bring some DLC out for the multiplayer, I'm kinda hoping for some kind of Horde mode or something co-op related.

Started this again on Easy with a view to round up the rest of the single player achievements I missed. The only one left after that will be to finish on Hard, figured it would be best not to turn the vita chambers off on that play through.

Anyway, got to Pauper's Drop last night, picked up the camera and pretty much finished the level but I got cocky and took on a Big Daddy to get research out of it. My last save was at the beginning of the level, so you can guess how that fight panned out. Here I go again. :(

I did plan on just whizzing through it, only doing what I need to do, but I've found myself still picking up every audio diary and listening to them, and going out of my way to search every nook and cranny.

Multiplayer-wise, still really enjoying this, ranked about 23 I think. I've unlocked all the weapons and plasmids, just need some weapon add-ons and tonics to unlock.

I've started getting annoyed at how un-focused the team deathmatch is so I seem to have found my favourite mode in the one where there's 3 bases to capture. Means that there's more thought and strategy in it, rather than the normal deathmatch which is just un-focused anarchy, which soon loses appeal.

First bit of DLC announced:

The first batch of DLC, the Sinclair Solutions Test Pack, will be out in March and cost 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live/Games for Windows - Live or $4.99 from the PlayStation Store.

This add-on focuses on multiplayer and boosts ranks to level 50, and also introduces playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca. There are 20 new trials to conquer, a third upgrade for each weapon and five new masks.

Note that some of these extras are only available to players that achieve level 41 or higher.

Subsequent DLC add-ons will arrive over the "coming months", according to the press release.

I'm not sure this will be bought though unless I get to level 40 by then and intend to keep playing.

I don't see the attraction in different player skins, I've stuck with the first one I chose and never bothered changing it, makes no difference to the game.

I'd prefer a new game mode or two, I'll say again, they should make a co-op mode like Horde.

You gonna bother to go through it on Hard (fnar)?

I'll give it a try at least! I think I should be better this time around because I know to conserve ammo more and concentrate on using the drill, especially melee.

Also the vita chambers will be on and I reckon if you save often you should be ok.

Those Big Daddy toys are ace, me wanty.

• 2 weeks later...
BioShock 2 'Sinclair Solutions Test Pack' DLC Dated

Written Friday, March 05, 2010 by Richard Walker

Announced last week, BioShock 2's first DLC pack entitled 'Sinclair Solutions Test Pack' has been given a March 11th release date, bringing with it a host of multiplayer content listed below:

* Rank Increase to level 50 with Rank Rewards

* New playable characters Louie McGraff and Oscar Calraca

* 20 new trials (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)

* A third weapon upgrade for each weapon

* Five additional masks (some only available after a player achieves a rank of 41 or higher)

The 'Sinclair Solutions Test Pack' will set you back 400 Microsoft Points.