passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gran Turismo [psp]

spatular

it's good, handles well (as recommended elsewhere changed the handling to professional mode or something), good selection of tracks, nice graphics (much better than ps1, but not as good as gt4).

probably everyone knows there is no proper career mode, pick your car/track/mode (race/timetrial/drift) and go, or do the license tests, although they aren't called that because you don't need to do them to get licences any more. i only did a few races then got stuck into the license tests, they are good fun as normal, struggling to get gold/silvers though, and that has been a little more annoying than usual because of the controls, probably the worst point about the game, the nub and digital accelerating/breaking just aren't as good as a normal pad and no where near a force feedback wheel, but given what's available they do a good job really.

best feature, and probably the reason i'll keep playing is that you can apparently export your cars to GT5, this will be brilliant, they better not screw us over though and make it so you can't use them in carrer mode or make you have to pay for them again or something else stupid like that. not sure exactly how it's going to work though as i think this game has more cars than gt5?

also it has rallying which is ace, but as usual in gt it's really difficult but this is made much harder by the controls, maybe i'll get used to it though.

load times are terrible, but i'm waiting for a new memory stick so i can install it so that should help a lot with the loading.

Nice impressions spatular. I was hoping to get some proper impressions done today, but instead of playing more of Gran Turismo I've been hooked on PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe. :blush:

I'm enjoying Gran Turismo a lot, though. I've been spending most of my time in the Driving Challenges mode. I managed all gold on the first block, but in block B I've had a mixture of gold, silver and bronze. I'm enjoying this mode a lot, there's some good challenge there and it's a good way to make you improve. I'll get back to some proper races soon, but at the moment challenge mode is a great way of raking in the cash.

The graphics are sweet when in motion. It's silky smooth, as it should be running at 60fps. I like the way that only a handful of car dealers are available each day, so you're constantly checking to see if your manufacturer has any cars for sale.

Controls wise, I've found a pretty sweet setup, for the PSP Go at least. I have accelerate set to Square, and brake set to L, using the analogue nub for steering. I find this quite comfortable, I wasn't getting on with the defaults at all.

Load times should be a lot shorter if you install it (is this a first for a PSP game?), spatular. Mine is installed as I downloaded it from PSN, and the load times are very short. When moving on to the next challenge it's almost instant.

Thumbs up from me.

Load times should be a lot shorter if you install it (is this a first for a PSP game?), spatular. Mine is installed as I downloaded it from PSN, and the load times are very short. When moving on to the next challenge it's almost instant.

yeah, bigger memory card arrived today, load times massively reduced :D

did loads more license tests today, still loads more to do, and a good way to earn money, it's like the licence tests are the main game mode now! i'm getting more used to the controls, although it really needs one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Driving-Force-GT-Steering/dp/B001IWR9JY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1254961625&sr=8-1 :)

wait,what... you can install psp games now? can you do that with any game or just Gran Turismo?

Should i buy this?! i carried it around GameStation for 15 mins last night whilst i tried to make up my mind. Its £25 in store, but £21 on PSN. Probably cheaper online. I just think if i brought it, how much would i play without the career mode to keep me motivated.

i think it's just this one that you can install at the moment?

I just think if i brought it, how much would i play without the career mode to keep me motivated.

yeah it's a tough call, tbh i'm not sure how much i'll play it when all the challenges are finished, only time will tell.

How are you doing with the challenges now, spatular? I'm finding that I'm happy to settle with Bronze on a lot of them, some get really tricky! I've finished A-I, and now (minor spoiler, nothing much really)

a bunch of advanced challenges have appeared; J-O, which is nice as I wasn't expecting them

I haven't played much of the single player race mode. I know you can level up and the races get more challenging and stuff, but I'm finding the challenges are where it's at for me at the moment.

yeah most of them i've been settling for bronze too, will probably go back and try to get more silver/gold but imagine it will be pretty frustrating, the rally ones are a bit rediculous, happy to get to the finish without hitting anything on thoes! got past the spoilered bit too, and again similar to yourself haven't played single player much.

also i bought the escudo :wub: not tried it yet, imagine it'll be silly.

• 3 months later...

Free car pack available now

From today on PlayStation Store you can download an exciting pack of motors completely free of charge.

Just what’s needed to boost the garage you’ve been working hard on building up since GT-PSP hit the shelves last October.

The line-up for the free download pack is pretty special, check out these wheels;

4311427798_59d24d14b6_m.jpg

4310689783_162f3b141e_m.jpg

4310689697_d7b1ab6651_m.jpg

4311427722_2ddf29eff8_m.jpg

4310709771_cacb0df250_m.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/01/28/gt-psp-free-car-download-pack/