passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Siren Blood Curse

DANGERMAN

I've only played the very first chapter so far, which lasts all of about 5 minutes but a few things are pretty apparent.

Firstly the script is woeful, it's not so much that the acting is bad as the dialogue they're given. For example a group of Americans witness a murder, 2 of them are appalled by it and are keeping quiet so as not to be heard. then the other starts waving his torch around and joking 'is that some actress you hired'. Then him and his ex wife start arguing about his glasses, they were a present from her so she wants him to take them off, but as he needs them to see that's just fucking idiotic.

Anyway, the gameplay on the first chapter isnt too bad. I had to run from the police, then find somewhere to hide, then find somewhere else to hide, until I eventually had to fight him. Worked alright and it's incredibly cinematic with the split screen view that occasionally pops up so you can see where the zombie (?) is.

The biggest problem so far is that the game is stupidly fucking dark. I get that you're out in the middle of nowhere so it would be dark, but for a game it just means I cant see what I'm supposed to be doing. I think part of the problem is the filter over the screen, makes it look like a scene from an old film, but also makes it hard to distinguish things. For all my bitching I still managed to do the chapter pretty painlessly, but when things get harder later on I'm going to be fucked :(

And yes, brightness in game is on full (of it was at least) and my monitor is on full whack

I completed this but had to use a guide a few times throughout because of the darkness, vagueness and the fact that invincible/respawning enemies make wandering round the same 2 floors of a hospital very tiresome. Especially if you are in control of a one hit and you are dead child. There is a really good video walkthrough on youtube when the inevitable time comes that you are completely stuck.

It was a pretty decent length for £20, took me around 10 hours to finish it I think and overall I enjoyed it. Very atmospheric and the story was very enjoyable despite the lame script.

For some reason I really cant get going with this. I'm only up to chapter 3 (or episode 3, I'm not sure how it's split) where you get to play as the little girl, which from the preview does look awesome. The problem is it feels like an effort to play, not because it's bad or anything I think just because of the tension. And it's not that it's particularly scary either, the enemies aren't lightning fast and so long as you've got a weapon of some sort you should be ok in a one on one fight. The game's broken up pretty well too, not just the chapter thing, but checkpoints within the level, so if you or whoever's with you die you can restart from a fairly recent point

I thin it's problem (if it has one) is also what make it most interesting. It treats you very real world, yeah the odd character can sight jack, but for the most part you have no idea what's around you. For the enemies this is pretty cool so far, but for finding your way around it's a ballache. I've been in houses and needed somewhere to hide or escape to, but it's not always apparent where you're supposed to go. Not helped by the darkness and that you're always in a rush, but then that's the point and it works at making the game exciting.

I actually rented this rather than buying/downloading because I figured I'd piss through it in a week, but it's got to be back friday and I'm still on the tutorials :(