passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sonic The Hedgehog 3

retroed

Please help me before i break my second pad this weekend.

What the fuck am i supposed to do in this room? Its in Sandcockolis 2.

post-80-1270990461832.png

You enter from the left and that sand wall drops behind you.

The switch that you pull just turns the light on and gets rid of the ghost.

The black switch that you push to the right does nothing.

I cant stand on the black switch and make it up over those spikes no matter its position. I cant float over from the far wall either.

I've not played Sonic 3 as Knuckles for ages but there I'm pretty sure you glide from the opposite wall. Don't go too high up so you bump your head when you jump. It's just a case of timing your glide.

Make sure you push that black switch, they open up doors further on.

I got out of that stupid room, the jump needed ridiculous precision, you have to climb right to the top of the wall on the left, hit right and jump, then hit jump immediately to glide BUT make sure your not pressing a direction on the pad or stick so he floats instead of dives.

I imagine that bit back in the day was cause for much woe for many kids.

Mushroom Hill is a great set of levels, if the whole game was like that it would have been awesome. Flying Battery was only ok but Sandopolis and Lava Reef are truly fucking awful, Sandopolis being amongst the worst levels of any game ive ever played.

I did enjoy the Boss fight with Knucles tho, it ended alot sooner than i expected which was a pleasent surprise.

I await Sonic 4 with a mix of excitement and dread. Looking forward to moaning about it but playing it through to completion anyway.