passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

Ok....

Dont hate me for saying this:

Been playing this for a bit now.... i STILL can't beat that blue bastard Seth even on easiest mode... he is the shittest boss in the whole world... its not even fun and for me a game breaker. Honestly... i have litterally switched off my console about four times now in frustration with him.

Second... while its good and everything.... graphically.... its not THAT great and i can't help thinking that i could have just saved a bit of money and got the HD one from XBLA instead for a bit of nostalgic street fighter fun.

Rekon i might trade this one in already :-(

Ok....

Dont hate me for saying this:

Been playing this for a bit now.... i STILL can't beat that blue bastard Seth even on easiest mode... he is the shittest boss in the whole world... its not even fun and for me a game breaker. Honestly... i have litterally switched off my console about four times now in frustration with him.

Second... while its good and everything.... graphically.... its not THAT great and i can't help thinking that i could have just saved a bit of money and got the HD one from XBLA instead for a bit of nostalgic street fighter fun.

Rekon i might trade this one in already :-(

It's much better than HDreshit (BOOOM!)

With Seth, he'll probably start with a Dhalsim punch, so jump as soon as the round starts (not before or the cheating cunt might read it), land a jumping kick - low kick combo (if you do medium kicks with Ryu then you can link those kicks to either a dragon punch or a spinning kick). If you keep your distance he'll start lobbing sonic booms, jump over these and you should be able to repeat that combo.

2nd rounds harder, he'll start teleporting and on harder settings he'll throw in dragon punches and throws, here you should be ok to jump away, maybe dragon punch if you can

Yeah i can get past the first round now.... i just keep my distance and fireball him or do that upside down spinning kick (can you telll i am SF hardcores?)

Its the second round where he really fucks me up... just starts warping all over the shop and dragging me into him..... i just think i am too much of a spaz to deal with him and i end up just mashing the buttons.

I am playing with Ken or Ryu as they are the ones i am familiar with.

When he warps round he does normally end up in the same place he started teleporting. When he does keep on the move coz if u stand back and bock he does tht stupid throw and spams it.

EDIT: Just looked on the xbox and theres a street fighter IGN stratergize.

Its quite helpful, learnt things i never really knew about. Like Kens shoryuken after the 2nd hit, do a focus attack to cancel out of the shoryuken, then dash forward to cancel the focus attack which should still leave the person in the air from the shoryuken leaving them open for an ultra combo. sounds tricky but i think its doable.

Also shows a few other peoples way to set em open for ultras.

i played this last night with my friend. I wasn't all the impressed. Firstly i'm still rubbish at SF, so it was always going to be tough for me to love. Plus i'm not to keen on the new art style, it looks a little odd IMO, i much prefer the 2d hand drawn style, has so much more charm and character. The character models look weird and exaggerated (i know that's the point). I can't see it aging very well.

I won't criticize much more as i'm not a SF fan, so i was never really going to dig it anyway.

Had a TGK kicking tonight :( Nearly won a couple but I got the feeling he was probably eating his tea while he played using his feet. He even used Sakura to beat and really hurt me :mellow:

i didnt mean to hurt your feelings wiivo, but i felt her EX dragon punch calling to me. her best move i reckon. and i wanted to hurt your feelings

FINALLY finished Arcade on Normal without using continues, i was so happy and my heart was going ten to the dozen! Rose ftw!

Seth is becoming less of a problem unless he decided to constantly teleport and spam his throw, beat him with Dan and Rufus first time no problem.

Whats the popular opinion of El Fuente? He's a fast little bugger, i quite enjoyed sending him off the roper all the time but he's a bit crap against Shoto fighters. Totally destroyed Zangief with him but struggled like fuck on Seth.

5 to go on Normal.

Nearly done it with medium with all characters, Crimson Viper is doing my nut in trying to beat Seth with her.

when he knocks you down and is teleporting around you, a lot of the time he'll teleport right next to you as youre getting up or just after, nail him with the ultra when he does that