passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

Stoob = Vega, you seem like you'd be quick

i also thought this, but if im keeping it 100% real its cos he's the most femenine male :blush:

You just wait - Ill train up with Vega and kick all your masculine asses - all of you - you hear. *Slaps illdog - picks up manbag and storms off*

Spatular = El Fuerte this is the most fitting one

Explain please?

Spatular is, in the nicest possible way, reasonably squat and broad (not fat at all, but freakishly strong for his size), but also quite nippy and liable to run around like a madman at footy. Especially if he's been fairly knocked off the ball.

My record just took an absolute hammering, but i had some good fights. I lost to button mashers in both my first 2 games humiliatingly, then beat someone about as good as me, then put it on arcade accepting challengers and won like 3 out of 7 fights or something equally stupid. The last guy i fought was a Ken player, really good with him but we both kept falling apart. We had a best of 3 (of 3) won one each, and both came close to getting a perfect against the other. In the last fight I could have won the whole thing, he missed with Kens Ultra and was wide open, i fluffed my Ryu Ultra sending it right under him, then it was an anime style flying kick to the death, which he won :weep:

I think I've gotton worse at this, or sloppier anyway, I'm making mistakes that i wasnt yesterday

Final bosses just ruin fighting games. I hate arcade mode - Seth is just a fucking joke. Bastarding cunt. In the first round he constantly spams that fucking arm extension, which is fairly easy to block, and you can usually get by it, but in the second round if you're in front of him at all, you're screwed.

I'm gonna stick to just single battles for a while, I can get through arcade mode on easy, but when it comes that boss, I just can't be arsed with it. I swear I can't beat him, no matter how hard I try.

i'm really bad at this, trying to play arcade mode on easy i kept getting challenged lost about 10 in a row, and then kept loosing on the arcade mode too, was using a stick though and couldn't do any moves. switched to the pad, turned challenges off and put the difficulty to easiest - success!

bit dissapointed with the pad as i bought the controllers mainly for shooters so was hoping it'd be just like a saturn pad but it's not it's a bit spongy so i don't think it'll be that good for shooters, still not given it a propper go mind. seems ace for streetfighter though :)

know what ben means about the music on the main menu now, it's terrible.

Well I didnt realise that there is too difficulties below Easy! Banged it down to Easiest - hello Cammy, Rose, Gen, Sakura and Dan :)

Played a lot online last night - seemed to be more people with better connections so EU people are obviously getting their copies :) I havent done too badly - got my ten wins online achievement anyway. There were a lot of Ryus and Kens unsurprisingly but I did have a few matches with one fantastic Vega player - he was far better than me but I think Cammy held her own!

I think its funny how players hover over a character thinking they are leading you into choosing yours - then i choose Cammy and they quickly bang it up to Ryu/Ken. And then I kick their asses anyway :lol:

Anyone up for some battling tonight?

Oh for the days of cross-console play :(

After all my slagging off of C.Viper I can actually see her potential now, it's a bit cheap and samey but it's powerful. If you land her ground slam thing (middle or close) you knock your opponent into the air, then you can use her fire kick for a fairly powerful combo.

There's a real mix of people online now, I've fought people I feel a bit bad about fighting as they've clearly just got the game, then there's others who I'd feel lucky to beat (I'm not exactly great and getting steadily worse with Ryu). I think i'm going to have to get my 'complete it with everyone' quest out of the way quick, then get back to fighting on a harder difficulty with either Ryu or Fei Long (maybe even Abel if i fancy the work)

After all my slagging off of C.Viper I can actually see her potential now, it's a bit cheap and samey but it's powerful. If you land her ground slam thing (middle or close) you knock your opponent into the air, then you can use her fire kick for a fairly powerful combo.

I think she is quite good as well - still not impressed with the character design but then Im not really with any of the new ones so it may just be their newness (although I love the way El Fuerte scampers about!) Once you get used to her different way of fighting she is quite a fun character to play. I also like the way she chats on the phone after the battle :)

so last night i unlocked gouken and akuma. goukens not my bag at all. i rampaged through the game on hardest with akuma, but then took him online and got ANNIHILATED. i still havent absorbed the game mechanics well, heres hoping i can get my head round them eventually! great fun though, brilliant game.

I'm still above 50% online, hopefully lots of new people will be on tomorrow and i can bump that up before retiring :D

It's very late but my review is finally up Linku-HADOUKEN!

It's a bit epic, the most comprehensive I've written but this is also the most thourougly I've played a game before reviewing (pretty much a solid week of play)

best way to get an online game seems to be to try and play arcade mode with the challenge thing turned on.

anyone tried the challange mode? on the 3rd one that is supposed to teach you some moves it says do a heavy kick then a focus attack (i think it's called a focus attack, press medium punch and kick at the same time?) but this move seems impossible to do - any ideas where am i going wrong?

regarding the online, gotta remember it only came out in europe on the 20th (now 6 hours into the 21st). spatular, if the combo is hard kick - focus attack, and you can pull off both attacks on their own ok, then your problem is timing. try assigning focus attack to one button, and then as soon as you push the hard kick button mash the focus attack button

double post

ben just read your review, thought it was good mate well done. well written and informative. but! i thought it was worth mentioning in ref to the third paragraph that as cut-back as sf4 is, it isnt cut back to the point where its as accessible or (at least seemingly) masterable as sf2. any way you look at it, the fighting system is notably more complex, particularly mastering the focus dash cancels to pull off the combos worth learning, isnt easy at all in comparison with sf2's spammed special moves and normal punch/kick lead-ins

Thanks :) I was reffering to III and alpha with that comment, although I think you might have summed up why I never really got on ith SF2 :huh:

Online I tend to have more luck searching through custom with everything set to 'any', or like Spatular says just creating my own room, which I'm surprised so few people online are doing given you get an achievement for it (dont mean that as a snipe, genuinely surprised).

The challenge mode does get really hard, you end up havving to do a cancel-dash, which I'm not 100% sure how to do (on the latter stages of hard i think). I think it's tap focus attack, then tap forward twice and you move faster into things and can keep your combo going