passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Street Fighter IV

DANGERMAN

I use Dhalsim. He's always been slow and limited which makes it even more satisfying when you whoop somebody with him and they're like 'wha ... ?'

I think I read in GTM that he has a move that avoids any attack as well - might come in handy

i dunno, hes safe when moving because any advances towards him are easily stopped in their tracks by his long range, hadoukens can be cancelled out with a yoga fire. ive played a couple of good dhalsim players on ssf2thdr and theyre a fucking nightmare. suprisingly theres not many dhalsim masters in my experience, considering how top tier he is

Dont get me wrong I dont doubt that in the right hands he's a good character, and I can see his strengths, but he's so slow compared to even the average paced fighters now that I think it's going to be harder for them (again, I know the teleport is there for a reason). It's mainly in the air you see it, against Abel or Akuma he'll be in trouble I think.

I went back to HD Remix for a bit yesterday, it's painfully slow compared to 4 (i know you can speed it up) and I'm going to come out and say it. HD Remix is overrated. It's a decent game in multi obviously but there's been plenty of 2D fighters in the last 10 years or so that have bettered it, and not all of them from capcom. [/fight]

I went back to HD Remix for a bit yesterday, it's painfully slow compared to 4 (i know you can speed it up) and I'm going to come out and say it. HD Remix is overrated. It's a decent game in multi obviously but there's been plenty of 2D fighters in the last 10 years or so that have bettered it, and not all of them from capcom. [/fight]

regarding dhalsim i was just talking about ssf2 ben, dunno about sf4 but hes not high up the rankings as far as i know. as for the comment about plenty of fighters bettering sf2 well i couldnt disagree more but thats opinion for ya :P

Garou: Mark of the Wolves ftw! :P

The only Street Fighter character I've ever got on with is Ibuki in SFIII: Third Strike, and even then I was shite with her :lol: I doubt there's any chance some of the SFIII characters would turn up in any sort of DLC would they?

Here's the thing, i've drafted up my review ready for Thurday and one of my criticisms of the game is that the roster lacks a bit of spark and variety. Every character has something unique to them and it's really really well balanced, but there isnt really anyone who stands out as being completely different from everyone else (C.Viper maybe?). The roster is loaded with dragon punchers, fireballers and wrestlers, there's a few charge characters etc. Ibuki and one or two others from SFIII (and Alpha) would offer that something different and leftfield.

Unfortunately I think capcom said they wouldnt do characters as DLC, but I'd rather that (as a batch rather than £3 for one) than new costumes

Garou was a fucking brilliant game. kushnood butt/marco for the win!

i think what capcom usually do in a sf game is give you varying flavours of the same moveset so that theres something for everyone kind of, which i like, but if youre right then its a very legitimate complaint. however i was under the impression el fuerte, rufus and seth were also quite individual?

I keep forgetting Rufus, he's a strange character, does nothing flashy but can wear you down quite quick, he's the Everton of street fighter. Seth is Dhalsim mixed with Guile with a splash of Ryu and Zangeif.

El Fuerte is a good call actually, he's the exception that proves the rule and is really good fun to use. He actually would have suited SF3. (might have to edit the review before it goes up :blush: )

Something that's annoying me, it's a two parter actually. I keep fighting people who highlight a character until they see who I'm picking (fair enough), then scamper up to akuma before i can change. If you want to go Akuma go ahead, I've beaten him a few times now, his stamina is his weakness. If it's to counter my picks, more often than not Ryu/Ken then fair enough, but why the deciept.

The 2nd part is people who complain about people going Ryu/Ken/Akuma, people can go whoever they want. Yeah variety is the spice of life but it's not exactly the biggest roster and they are good characters. If I'm fighting in a ranking match then I'm going to go who i'm best with, just makes sense, and it's the likes of Akuma and Ryu I've played as over the years. It's no different to someone sticking with Cammy or Guile or Vega or whoever, you're going to stick with who works for you.

god people complaining about me choosing akuma on ssf2thd pisses me off. they rebalanced him for gods sake! and like akuma in sf4, akuma in ssf2thdr has the lowest stamina. and in hdr he gets dizzied the easiest. and they removed all those invincible frames (apart from his invincible leg in his super hadouken). and toned his damage way way down (though hes still very powerful, hes not broken powerful). i never complain about fighting an akuma opponent, and the only time i find him hard to beat is when people jump up and down spamming air hadoukens, which not many do because its boring. if you lose to some mr. one move or spammer or turtler, yeah its annoying but regardless whether their tactics felt cheap or 'broken', thos moves are in the game, you can do them too and if you dont want to then you better bloody find a way to counter them because youre going to get your arse kicked a lot with that attitude sonny jim m'boyo laddio! (dunno who i was talking to exactly then, some faceless american xbl whiner in my head)

if you lose to some mr. one move or spammer or turtler, yeah its annoying but regardless whether their tactics felt cheap or 'broken', thos moves are in the game

I agree with you - it is in the game so its fair play - still annoying tho :)

Its nowhere near as bad as MK vs DC - at least you can block akumas attacks. I went online with MK vs DC tother day. Everyone played as Subzero - everyone spammed a jump kick move which you cant block - no other moves at all. Got very boring very quickly.

Regarding the extra characters thing, according to Kotaku there's the chance for at least T.Hawk as DLC

Regarding T. Hawk or Dee Jay, SFIV producer Yoshinori Ono told Famitsu, "The development team said, "We want them in!" Honestly, we did the modeling up to the pre-texturing. We made the fight settings for T. Hawk in Street Fighter IV... If user's make their voices know, this prep work is something we can revive at anytime."

Not the character I'd pick but someone different I guess

:( My Battle Points just took a bit of a hammering, you get them in the ranking matches. I had a pretty solid record last night, need to kill a bit of time so jumped straight into a ranking match when i loaded the game up and lost two on the bounce. One was because i was impatienrt and fought someone with no signal, the other because they were quite good and I panicked in the final round. I redeemed myself against someone with a much better score than me though, they picked Sakura and the first round was a walkover, so i think they were expecting me to be rubbish, 2nd round they pretty much destroyed me. Final round was awesome, we both landed ultras early on, counterred super moves, it was down to a slither of health each, I dodge a dragon punch and countered with my own, then swore profusely in relief for a few seconds

I did beat a couple of people with Dan in the player match setting, I toyed with pulling off his taunt move but i didnt have enough health left to start dicking around.

There's some very good players already, some terrible ones too, but i recommend sticking to single player, friends, then player fights if you're new to the series/returning from a break

I really wish I could join this party, seems like I'm gonna miss a fantastic game. I'm REALLY shite at fighting games though, never really had the chance to play SF2 and so there seems little point in picking this up. I just won't have the skills :(

I wish I could do though, and be good at it, but I'll just end up a button basher, I know it...

I've never really liked SF2, I actually preffered the pretty shit Fatal Fury megadrive port, dont know why as it was as slow as shit, SF just didnt grab me. I got into it with Alpha 1 & 2 on the Saturn, then the VS games, at Uni i was pretty good just because i pretty much exclusively played 2d fighters (Garou, snk vs capcom, kof2002, 3rd Strike, alpha 3, pocket fighters and Vampire Saviour). I never mastered the parries of 3, but got alpha counters, I never really tried to master any of the games, i just got good from playing them a lot.

I'd be willing to bet TGK is much better than me, I imagine everyone else splits into 2 groups, those who are starting pretty much from scratch, and those who are good but not great (where i am), they know a couple of characters and can pull of their moves, probably know some combos, but arent about to take on the top players or anything.

I bet you wish you hadnt asked now :D I dont know, I've got enough knowledge but i never work at it to become genuinely good at it.

EDIT: mr Wilde, a lot of people are starting new with this, might be a good game to get on board with?