passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Touch Detective

illdog

SOME FUCKER ELSE BETTER BUY THESE GAMES

just done the first mission proper (it's a 2 parter) and it was awesome. The second part it almost all story, and the puzzle moments involved are really easy, but damn it's good. There's a couple of new characters, one of which is a hot young police inspector who is really energetic, doing arm thrusts and jumping up and down. Unfortunately she's also crippled with self doubt having to give herself a pep talk every few minutes, and incredibly unfit. She keeps pulling muscles when celebrating, gets a stitch travelling between one screen and the next.

Such a shame they'll never do a third game, which is something to add to the list to rectify when i win the next £100million euro lottery

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen these on eBay from a reputable seller for £14 inc P&P each, new US versions. I'm very tempted to get them both.

If you could do anything in the world for your new baby you should buy him both of these games.

Thank fuck you finally got the sequel Ben, its been a long time since you finished the first. Sorely tempted to restart the second one so i can remember stuff you might bring up.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to use a guide today :( I needed to dry a ticket I had, had I been able to make out the thing i needed to touch then I'd have solved it straight away, I blame the DS screen (no, really)

The museum level wasn't great, but the haunted house one is genius, a bit annoying when i was stuck, but I cant even remember what I was stuck on now so it cant have been anything big. The game does have the odd phoenix wright moment where you're a couple steps ahead of the computer but still have to walk through it, but on the whole it's less contrived than PW.

illdizzle, do i get anything for doing the touch list?

For the record, the last level of this is awesome, really funny

I dont think so, just self fulfillment my friend.

Now these games are done life is an empty husk.

I started the first one tonight. I've literally only done the brief tutorial, but I can tell already that I'm going to enjoy it. The dialogue is witty, the artwork is gorgeously stylised, its interface is very functional, and it just seems a well suited game for the DS. I look forward to starting the first case.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

As mentioned in the App thread, this is out on the App Store now, free download for the first chapter and then pay for the the rest, either in bits or 6 quid for the lot.

I haven't done much, just got out of the bedroom in the tutorial. I don't know how much they've had to change from the DS version but there's no split screen on this. There's been a couple of bits that have made me chuckle so far, will stick with it as a bedtime game.

As mentioned in the App thread, this is out on the App Store now, free download for the first chapter and then pay for the the rest, either in bits or 6 quid for the lot.

I haven't done much, just got out of the bedroom in the tutorial. I don't know how much they've had to change from the DS version but there's no split screen on this. There's been a couple of bits that have made me chuckle so far, will stick with it as a bedtime game.

Yay! Ben and me quite liked it. Im tempted to play it again with you.

do you still get Mekenzie seperate from the game, making comments, a la the pictures above?

When you examine an object you see the subtitle of what she says or thinks but I don't think you see her face.

It looks like they super-impose her comments over the top of the action, I'm guessing that on the DS version she sits on the top screen all the time and the action screen is the bottom one. This seems a good way of making a solution.

post-62-088869400 1314778126.png

I love the set-up for the first case!

Shamefully, I'm already a bit stuck on this.

Found all 3 items for the butler dude and been around everywhere but can't seem to figure out where the item he gave me is meant to go.

Enjoying what I've played so far though, the script is funny. :)

Work is going slow so I've delved back in and got past the bit I was stuck on, seems obvious now.

However I am stuck again, will probably also seem obvious how to get past it.

Done the dream world....

I have to make the whole town go to sleep earlier by infecting them with the dream cookies but I can't see how to at all.

This might not be the best game (or case) to be trying to play at 3 in the morning, the dream world and music just makes me want to sleep.

Got that little bit further and then stuck again - this time I have finally got onto the roof the flats and found and fixed a pump but fuck knows what I'm meant to do with it.

In the continuing adventures of me playing this, finished the first case last night. It's not quite as you expect it to pan out, and some of the solutions are certainly surreal, like what to do with the pump. :unsure:

The second case is also free so I've started that, but at this point I think I'm certain to buy the whole thing.