passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

DANGERMAN

I am still chugging away at this. I'm now at

Dracula's Castle, and have defeated the first boss there and have the walk through certain walls glyph. I am at a bit where you have to get the cerberus heads or something, I have one and am able to light part of the statue up, but not sure how to progress to the right as I can't open a door. i'm sure I'll work it out.

I've 100% all but one map, too. Edit:

Ok, I've gotten a bit further now and am about to fight another boss. I ended up having to go somewhere else and am now at the very bottom, just left of the middle, of the map and at a save point with full health and magic. I'll save this one for tomorrow, methinks

Excellent stuff. It really is one of the best DS games I've had the pleasure of playing. Brutal at times, but proper gaming.

You're in the last quarter of the game now definately. There's probably not a huge amount left on paper, but things start to get a bit difficult now (:P), there's a series of rooms towards the end that even after completing it I still preferred to race through rather than stand and fight.

Nice graphics in the bit you're in now tho huh?

Ok, I've gotten a bit further now and am about to fight another boss. I ended up having to go somewhere else and am now at the very bottom, just left of the middle, of the map and at a save point with full health and magic. I'll save this one for tomorrow, methinks

I think I am in the same place and I cant get past this boss - he just wipes me out with his attacks. There is probably a killer glyph combo that gets rid of him easily but Ive yet to find it

I had a few goes at the boss today, trying to find a decent combo. Although I got destroyed every time, I lasted a bit longer using dual

Nitesco, and the R button glyph that gives you +1 HP every second

. The union attack really hurts him, and the standard one is decent at medium distances.

Yeah, I think I may start Dawn of Sorrow later this year. I literally only played an hour of it when I first tried it.

I've tried the boss listed in my spoiler multiple times today, and I just cannot defeat him. I'm grinding for a bit now and see if that makes a difference. I've got what seems to be really close to destroying him, purely based on number of hits and fight duration, but he just won't fall.

• 10 months later...

Hearing Ben talk about Castlevania on the latest MFG podcast reminded me that I still need to go back to this and defeat the damn boss I've been stick on since my last post. I am determined to go back and defeat him though, this game is sitting on my pile of shame. Maybe I need to go and level up, but I haven't had a problem with any of the other enemies up to now. I think once Bowser's Inside Story is over I'll go back.

• 3 months later...

Well I went back and finally defeated the boss I was stuck on, and proceeded to finish the game. Excellent stuff, I'm really glad I finished it. This is the first Castlevania game I've ever completed, I think.

2w5oqj5.jpg

• 2 years later...

I dunno what made me go back to this recently but I'm glad I did. I didn't like this entry before despite liking all the others on the DS, a couple I played on the GBA and Symphony of the Night I couldn't get on with this one.

I think it might of been some of the areas early on that are flat left to right affairs and simple castles that don't have the amount of secrets that the others have.

But where I randomly picked it back up the game seemed to open up more into more interesting areas and I clicked with the difficulty better and then found myself enjoying it immensely. If the chart was up this week you'd see a put a healthy 8 hours into it this week and got to Dracula himself but I'm struggling to beat him.. But I will!.. I hope.

Yeah, I dunno why I didn't like this at first. It's probably my favourite DS Castlevania game, now.

I'm glad you're enjoying it, DC. I just went back and read through this thread. It makes me want to start a new game and play through it all again.

One of the best DS games I've played, easy.

I've been playing this again recently after hearing about it on a podcast (want to say Bombcast, but it may have been another), enjoying the heck out of it.

It's not a patch on SotN or Dawn/Aria of Sorrow as it's maps are far too broken up. The combat is brilliant though, some of the glyphs you get look excellent and the scope for customisation eclipses all of the previous games. It'd be awesome to get another game in this series taking the glyph system and combining it with SotN's massive map.