passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 2

illdog

Good times. :)

Gears 2 cheaters' Gamerscores wiped

Microsoft has wiped the Gamerscores of people cheating at Gears of War 2.

"As part of our regular safety monitoring we have pinpointed a group of players who have unlocked specific Gears of War 2 Achievements through an unauthorized hack," said Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb on his blog.

"Deliberate cheats like these are in direct violation of the Xbox Live Terms of Use and will not be tolerated. As I post this, we've begun taking steps to reset the Gamerscores of the offending players.

"As I have mentioned in the past, this is something we do occasionally to keep the service free of cheating in order to maintain a fair and level playing field for everyone," he added. "If you play fair and earn your achievements without glitching or cheating, you have nothing to worry about."

The Gears 2 Insane playthrough rollercoaster continues with only two loops left infront of us.

A particularly harrowing section of the track nearly caused us to have a near simultanious cardiac arrest, a courtyard full of lackeys with with a troika in the middle overseen by a screamy dude and his tickers, those cunts with the shields surrounded by wretches followed by two delightful bloodmounts. It really sucked balls but looking back it was a hell of a ride.

It really sucked balls but looking back it was a hell of a ride.

Ha! That's certainly not what you said at the time. There was much screaming and the word, "HATE" got used a lot.

Yeah Sly, we're at the crane bit, and I'm Dom. :weep:

PMSL

*still PSML*

*yup, still Lol'ing*

*pulls self together*

PSML!

Good luck! You are going to need it. A tip for you, don't get off the platform until it is on the ground, as this will cause a glitch that locks Marcus in the crane above.

It really sucked balls but looking back it was a hell of a ride.

Ha! That's certainly not what you said at the time. There was much screaming and the word, "HATE" got used a lot.

My problem is im very reactionary, it was a big cunt but it was very gratifying killing that last bloodmount!

Yeah Sly, we're at the crane bit, and I'm Dom. :weep:

I played the crane bit through on Casual this morning as a reminder, hahahaha, make good use of that little box in the middle Hendo!

Once you are past the crane, it is piss easy, we died very few times after that bit. In fact, I think the only time we died was when the fucking rubble fell on top of me when I was stomping on a locusts face.

Here's how we did it if you get stuck.

Getting past the Locust on the bottom is more luck than anything,, even if you shoot them, they just respawn. Try and drop the platform so that they are both one one side of Dom. Dom then has to run up the slopes, there is cover to take if you are taking too much damage. once you go to press the button to crash the other cranes arm down, you realise there is no where to get cover on. The way to get around this is to Hammer of Dawn the two top Locusts (Dom needs the Hammer), then hide on the railings side of the cab so the lower fuckers can't shoot at you. Marcus needs to roadie run down the crane, but chances are he will be downed before he gets to the bottom, so Dom will need to be alert otherwise Marcus will cop for it. I think there is a checkpoint once you are both down on the lower crane, but don't be surprise if there isn't. Use the hammer on everything from there on, it makes life so easy than if you were just using the other guns.

Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection Coming July

Written Wednesday, May 06, 2009 by Dan Webb

Microsoft and Epic today announced the retail only Gears of War 2 content, the "All Fronts Collection," which will feature all previous downloadable content, fresh with brand new multiplayer and campaign content. The Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection will be available in stores come July 28th for $19.99/£14.99/€19.99.

The All Fronts Collection will include the Combustible Map Pack, the Flashback Map Pack, the Snowblind Map Pack and the brand new (previously rumoured) Dark Corners add-on content.

The Dark Corners content is a mix of campaign and multiplayer action; featuring 7 brand new multiplayer maps and a previously deleted chapter titled "Road to Ruin." In “Road to Ruin,” Marcus and Dom return to the Locust Hollow in a scene that can be played two ways, guns blazing or in all-new stealth mode.

The seven new multiplayer maps in the “Gears of War 2: Dark Corners” Game Add-on are:

* Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.

* Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.

* Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.

* War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.

* Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.

* Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and “processing” are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.

* Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.

Also included is an introduction to “Road to Ruin” from Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, along with a custom Xbox LIVE theme, collectible “Gears of War 2” poster and a strategy guide.

The entire package equates to 3,600 Microsoft Points worth of content all for the low price of $19.99. If you're already enjoying all the map packs however, you can download the Dark Corners content on the same release date as the All Fronts Collection for 1,600 Microsoft Points but you don't get the theme, poster or strategy guide then. Seems like a weird pricing structure.

Either way, new Gears of War 2 content, especially campaign content, is welcomed with open arms. The Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection and Dark Corners DLC is available July 28th.

Need more points to splash out.

How's that gonna work? Is it a disc you install, or it comes with codes to input to get everything?

Because if it's the latter, it'd be more worthwhile picking up the retail copy and flogging the DLC codes you don't need.

Me and ill finished this earlier and the crane bit wasn't actually that bad. Sly, I tried taking those guys out with the sniper rifle and yeah, they respawn - but if you can get the time to use the hammer on both at once then they don't come back! Just burn one side and then the other and it's job done.

We're gonna need another co-op game to fill the void.

Yea, i was shitting it about the crane section after your comments Sly but to be honest we pissed all over it. Really enjoyed it overall on Insane, its a damn shame they fucked themselves up the arse with all the glitching and bugs but its testament to the actual gameplay that despite the shit i still come away thinking it was great.

I think co-op in general is glitchy. The bit where you are on Betty where you get ambushed in the graveyard had a funny bug on it. I fired the mortar before the emergence hole appeared, and managed to shut it by pure luck. That's when the game started acting weird, as Locust bodies shot from the closed hole about 100ft in the air over and over. Another funny one was when I was playing guardian with bots in local on the mansion map. After the round has finished any broken furniture respawns into the map. Unfortunately, Marcus was stood where the sofa was upstairs where the rifle/bow spawns. The sofa launched him into the air, then as he landed he looked like he was break dancing on it as he couldn't get up. Glad it was the end of the game, as I didn't fancy having to watch him bounce up and down on that sofa all frigging match.

Gears of War 2 Double Experience This Weekend!

Written Wednesday, May 13, 2009 by Alan Pettit

Everyone taking the long trek to 6,825,804 experience points to max out at level 100 in the new Gears ranking system... here is some great news! The first ever Double Experience weekend will begin this Friday at 5PM EST and run through Monday morning at 9AM EST.

This first event will run through all Public matchmaking gametypes. Epic has said this is something they have wanted to do for a long time and will be doing again in the future, so look forward to more chances at shortening the time needed to rank up to level 100!

Looks like i know what i be doing over the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
Gears 2 Dark Corners Pricing Complaints Paid Off

Written Friday, May 29, 2009 by Alan Pettit

Back when the announcement of the Dark Corners DLC and All-Fronts Collection came out, I must say I was appauled at the pricing. Having already paid $20 for the Combustible and Snowblind maps (which will be included in the "All Fronts" collection), I could not believe that they would price out Dark Corners for yet another $20, but give away the content that I (one of their LOYAL customers) had already paid for, free of charge to newcomers. Granted, it was a nice hook if you'd not indulged in Gears 2 just yet. But again, their loyal customers were simply out twenty bucks.

Well, suffice it to say, I was not the only one who voiced my concerns and Epic took note. Announced today, the upcoming Dark Corners DLC (available July 28th) will now only cost 1200 MSP. While this is only a drop of $5 and newcomers can still get all three pieces of DLC for a mere $20 via the All Fronts collection at retail (again, loyal fans shelling out $35 minimum for all the content), it is certainly better than nothing.

Also, the earlier rumor of earning experience in Horde mode once TU4 hits the scene has now been confirmed by Rod Fergusson, via an interview with IGN.

Well at least its a bit cheaper, i did think it was unfair tht theyre charging a hella lot more for the loyal customers. For some reason i buy GoW2 DLC straight away everytime and i guess i be doing the same for this one

• 1 month later...

Reminder of the Gears 2 update on July 28th - 'Dark Corners' deleted scene and new multiplayer maps for online cavortery and Hordings. Its also the second game to hit the 1750 gamerscore cap. Looking forward to the new chapter - u down for co-op Hendo?