passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 2

illdog

Got both map packs for this on my last play. the Snowblind ones are pretty good, I like them. Not so sure over the Combustibles though, they don't seem as fun to play, and I found myself getting lost in the because they lack the recognisable landmarks the Snowblind ones have. Flood especially I seem to have trouble navigating.

I finished this tonight on co-op Insane. Never again am I going through that, the game was hard because of how bloody glitchy it was. I did the flying section on my own as my co-op partners guns wouldn't work. Same for defending the satellite. My partner also spawned on foot on the flying section. The Skorge fight was pissball, apart from the many fucking glitches we had to endure. Tickers exploding over and over, co-op buddy getting stuck in the chainsaw pose when I needed reviving, gas clouds not evaporating, the list was endless. How the hell this game got released with the amount of bug that are in the SP alone, I don't know. :angry:

I really didn't think it was that hard, but we seemed to be fighting the glitches for the most. There was one occasion where we got split up, and had to clear 2 path paralel to each other. The 1st few sections went fine, but after than, Baird went fucking mental and just started running right to the end where the squad meets up again. Problem is, he had to go through about 10 Guards and 2 Maulers. Once he realised what the hell he was doing, he kind of spazzed out and started getting into cover where he was still hittable and when he was eventually downed, instead of crawling back to Dom for aid, he went even further into the level. We had a similar problem with Carmine on one of the earlier stages. As a whole, the AI works pretty good, but when it fucks up, it really fucks up, to a point where getting past an area just swings on luck more than anything.

The AI does go mental. There was a few points where Carmine would grow epic balls and try and take a load of Locusts on his own, we realised that the AI would do this from time to time and we'd just keep up with them and be all brave and/or stupid and use awesome shooting skillz. I just thought it was because you were meant to speed up at that point in the level.

• 2 weeks later...
ill, you still available for Insane attempts tomorrow night, or you Outrunnin' it?

I thought we could do some Outrun for an hour and then spend the rest of the night swearing at the Ice level?

Once you get past the tower, the swearing should stop, as it becomes doable. Up until then it's a complete pain in the colon.

Good luck on the vehicle section boys. That tower section is a right bastard, and if your anything like us, you'll encounter bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. Good old driving sections. When will they learn that they are universally hated because of their shitness. :angry:

We did it!!

Not finish the game, obviously, but we're ready to start Act 4 the next time we're brave enough.

I've never seen so many bugs as in that section. It started before the tower where you have to take out the Seeders, when I wouldn't spawn at all and just be the camera rising higher into the scenery, or it would spawn me on foot.

Also some of the Reavers would hover rather than land and thus be impossible for me to kill them.

Then when we got into the on-foot section we had some absurd ones, where we were hovering or I'd get stuck and could spin round and roll but not actually move. That was on the fish boss section, so not a good time to be bugging out.

Fucking bug addled game. If it wasn't so fun it'd be on the shelf for good. When me and Bob did the last section of the game (fish boss onwards), we must have encountered at least 200 unique bugs, some more serious than others. The fight with Skorge was really bad, with bugs triggering more bugs. Bob chainsawed Skorge, but got stuck in the chainsaw stance, a pillar then hit him, but stopped 6ft from the ground, then the floor disappeared and we both fell for an eternity. <_<

What illdizzle is trying to say, in a nice way, is that I'm a liability.

No way dude, im just as bad.

The fight with Skorge was really bad, with bugs triggering more bugs. Bob chainsawed Skorge, but got stuck in the chainsaw stance, a pillar then hit him, but stopped 6ft from the ground, then the floor disappeared and we both fell for an eternity. <_<

Great. <_<

J'naime pas.