passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry 2

Oliath

although you get a lot of diamonds from the cell tower missions and unlock all the guns through the arms dealer missions so be sure to do them to unlock and buy guns if you want to make the most out of the combat, which is absolutely brilliant when youre tooled up

I wrote a mammoth post about why this game is great and the things ive done to proove it but my laptop spazzed out and now its all gone.

In a nutshell i only bought this game to trade in but due to the gushings of this thread i wacked it in the 360 and never looked back. Its taken me a while to understand the games steelo but just when I think ive got it sussed it puts me on a rollercoaster and doesnt give me a seat belt.

Alot of people on this site wont play this game and its a fucking shame. Ive said before that the travelling can get a little dull but its always worth the ride because the mission you normally have to undertake is blinding. What a game.

...and here's me still muddling through the early missions. I'm going to stick with it though after all the comments I've read so you can be safe in the knowledge that you have encouraged at least one person to play it!

Nice one Mr O'Groats, dont forget to buy that sniper rifle!

EDIT: Reached the dreaded 50% mark, i think im gonna stop untill Ubisoft fix the fucking bug, ive read a ton of horror story's on the net, as well as TGK's misfortune.

Nice one Mr O'Groats, dont forget to buy that sniper rifle!

EDIT: Reached the dreaded 50% mark, i think im gonna stop untill Ubisoft fix the fucking bug, ive read a ton of horror story's on the net, as well as TGK's misfortune.

:)

What happens at 50% (unlikely I will ever get that far though!), does it totally crash? I have numerous save games already, I assume only the latest would be corrupted if at all?!

What happens at 50% (unlikely I will ever get that far though!), does it totally crash? I have numerous save games already, I assume only the latest would be corrupted if at all?!

Apparently it doesnt matter how many save games youve made, once the game freezes/glitches your fucked. Come on Ubisoft, i need to play!

Been online with it in the meantime, just playing Deathmatch. Its quite good altho ive played a few proper cockends already, some right camping cunts. But its a very stealthy multiplayer, lots of hiding and sniping. On one occasion i sniped someone 5 times and they didnt die, im not sure if you can upgrade your health in someway or have a shield but i smelt foul play. Its bloody addictive tho, curse my mate and his bird coming round for dinner, i want blood!

Apparently it doesnt matter how many save games youve made, once the game freezes/glitches your fucked. Come on Ubisoft, i need to play!

Been online with it in the meantime, just playing Deathmatch. Its quite good altho ive played a few proper cockends already, some right camping cunts. But its a very stealthy multiplayer, lots of hiding and sniping. On one occasion i sniped someone 5 times and they didnt die, im not sure if you can upgrade your health in someway or have a shield but i smelt foul play. Its bloody addictive tho, curse my mate and his bird coming round for dinner, i want blood!

That sucks! I'm scared now, after saying I wouldn't get that far it has really drawn me in and I can't stop playing it!!! Deffo going to end up playing until its all done.

Got the sniper rifle, makes life soooo much easier, I can only seem to shoot once before having to reload though, even though I have 6 shots in the clip, any ideas about that?

I really am changing my mind about this in a big way, cheers!

I wish I could play this on my DS, so I don't have to wait until I get home to carry on!!!

The effect the explosions have on the immediate surroundings is really awesome, I can't stop blowing stuff up!

It is an FPS, deffo takes some time to get used to, especially for me after Dead Space. I always assume FPS's should control the same but of course they don't, this gets great after a while. I'm only 8% into it but deffo finding it absorbing. The enemy AI isn't the best, sometimes they are like eagle eyes hunters, other times they act all stoned and just stand there waiting for a bullet to the head, either way thats whats going to happen :D

Take ill's advice and get the sniper ASAP, it really helps.

Be prepared for the worst voice acting this side of C&C though!!

Ive been pushing my luck with Far Cry and almost paid the price yesterday. Im into Crappy Ubisoft Gamebreaking Glitch territory game completion percentage wise (62%) but still play on due to my chronic addiction.

Anyways, im driving through this village in the cease fire zone, carefree with the top down and Marley booming from the spealers when every cunt in the village shoots 7 shades of shit out of me and i barely make it out alive.

Obviously i thought this was odd but carried on with my mission anyway. So i get to the house that i need to clear of unsightly gentleman and always bring the ruckus to all those mutherfuckas BUT, the safehouse did not open. Sometimes dudes you shot lay wounded in the grass and the game wont recognise the mission as complete untill you finish them off, so i wondered around the fairly large battlefield and found no-one still breathing. Still the safehouse was locked so i just figured my game was fucked and proceeded to cry down the mic to TopGun about it.

I thought fuck it, ill try to load my save and see what happens and booyah, cease fire remains intact and the safe house unlocks with ease. I really shouldnt push my luck but i probably will.

Ive pretty much sucked all the enjoyment out of this game now, its glitchy nature is envouraging me just to finish it to see the ending - fuck everything else. I spent ages doing all the cellular tower missions and no fucking ahievement. Why? Glitch. Ive had two save files fuck up and one incident of AI fuck up and the Utility man achievement noy unlockling was the final straw. It was fun to do luckily so not a complete waste of time, but i want my 30 points! Grr.

i'm not being funny (in fact i'm being a bit of a tool..) but whats the point in carrying on with a game that you know is fucked up? and it can't come as much of a surprise when said fucked up game isn't giving you achievements, you probably should have expected it really, or stopped playing until they eventually patch it.