passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Far Cry 2

Oliath

it is a fantastic game jimbo, really really good. haha ive just been texting my mate, he started playing this a week ago too, he was fucking loving it but then his game saves crashed and it RROD'd his 360 temporarily. it started working again and hes now swiftly moved on to GoW2 :D

i got this on day of release and i havnt played it much. gears 2 and fallout totally took up my time. im so annoyed with wandering round the jungle and deserty areas and then getting to a guard post killing them all but then it dosnt say ive scouted it so i go away for one second and when i get back they are all there again and i get the shit shot out of me. is ther a trick to scouting these guard posts?

i havnt tried map thing yet so i might give that a try tomoro or something but im seriously considering trading it in cause its getting on my nerves having to wander around to get to places and then driving and jus the same every end of the road getting shot at. its so annoying. i want mirrors edge or cod5 which looks pants but i still wana try it haha

Yeah the scouting is a bit glitchy.

You are better off using your spy glass thing and looking at the ammo or medipack through it till it goes green then pressing left bumper to record it.

It should then say its been scouted.

I also had an issue on a safe house where i can't get it to activate. Been back a few times and killed the one guard outside it in a variety of different ways... the poor bugger.... and still it won't unlock for me. Doh.

i stood next to a guy from the militia weirdos and i thought well hes not shooting so he must be ok

even though he had a shotgun....

then when i walked directly into his line of sight straight ahead of him he shouted and shot me!

it was weird :o

Ubisoft seem to be on a bit of a roll today, finishing the week in style. First the news of the Prince of Persia Altair DLC, then Prince of Persia going gold (not worthy of a post though in my opinion) and now they have detailed their latest Far Cry 2 downloadable content; named, the Fortune Pack.

No concrete details yet other than what the pack consists of (below), but we are assured that it will be available before the end of November. When we know a price, we'll let you know.

The Fortune’s Pack DLC for Far Cry 2 includes:

Single-Player Mode

Three brand-new weapons

- Silenced shotgun

- Sawed-off shotgun

- Crossbow

Two new vehicles

- Unimog

- Quad

Multiplayer Mode

- Four new exciting maps

1. Cheap Labor

2. Last Resort

3. Lake Smear

4. Fort Fury

- New single-player weapons and vehicles also available in multiplayer

I wonder if they let you download the HMV exclusives one day...

Remember when we told you about the upcoming Far Cry 2 DLC last week? You know, the Fortune Pack ... Well today, Ubisoft told Eurogamer that the upcoming DLC would weigh in at a hefty 800 points.

Call me pessimistic, tight, stingy or all of the above; but isn't that a wee bit steep for 3 new guns, 2 new vehicles and 4 new maps ... Especially when Far Cry 2 has one of the best built in map editors in any game to date.

Crazy. I know that when I'm faced with the choice of buying the Far Cry 2 DLC or Street Fighter II HD, it'll be a very easy choice.

Remember when we told you about the upcoming Far Cry 2 DLC last week? You know, the Fortune Pack ... Well today, Ubisoft told Eurogamer that the upcoming DLC would weigh in at a hefty 800 points.

Call me pessimistic, tight, stingy or all of the above; but isn't that a wee bit steep for 3 new guns, 2 new vehicles and 4 new maps ... Especially when Far Cry 2 has one of the best built in map editors in any game to date.

Crazy. I know that when I'm faced with the choice of buying the Far Cry 2 DLC or Street Fighter II HD, it'll be a very easy choice.

oh nooo and i just got rid of farcry.......i feel like im missing out....

Yeah basically Ubisoft are idiots!

This is a clear case of some stuff being held off the CD so they can sell it later and i'm having none of it.

ALSO....got burned with Army of TWO this way.... i loved this game.... LOVED online.

I paid up and downloaded the first DLC pack right away.... whicih pretty much meant i was the only one in the world with it which meant i never actually got to play the new maps online :-(

DLC and multiplayer games do not work unless its a massively popular game WITH matchmaking..... which for some reason (being french?) Ubisoft are clearly incapable of getting their fucking heads around grrrrr.

Love farcry... YES it has quickmatch... but it boots you to the main menu after every damned game.

MATCHMAKING FTW.

• 3 weeks later...

Oli wrote:

All in all there is ALOT to take in right now. I need to get more time on the single player i think to FULLY judge it, but so far i think it could be a very fun game to play with lots to do.

Your darn tootin theres alot to take in, this game is MASSIVE. I felt really overwhelmed by it by your Oblivion comment makes sence - in the end, just do what you want!

Ive been frustrated by the controls a couple of times, theres alot to take in and also people are survivng more shotgun blast than they should.

This game does indeed take a turn for the AWESOME when Sniper Rifles become your friend. Spank a mofo from far enough away and those left alive get very scard, running and hiding. The its time to burn....

Really getting into this now. Just like Oblivion i was at first a little intimidated by the size of the playing field but now its my playground of death. Ive literally done nothing but fuck about, i havent even touched the main story. Great stuff.

I could defiantely see how the travel could easily become a chore, luckily im still just enjoying driving around taking in the sites. Add to that my terrible sense of direction and getting absolutely anywhere feels like a major triumph to me. :)

yeah i found the treks over rough terrain to get to a camp hidden deep in a jungle or wherever rewarding. i enjoyed the driving, though it certainly pushed its luck so i can see why it might be too much for some. i abused the bus terminals though to take the edge off where possible. i think the sights (like illdog said), the brilliant graphics and realistic terrain really make exploring the world at the relatively slow pace of the FC2 cars top speed quite acceptable. i remember the first time i tried offroading it, and came a cropper in a small ditch abut two seconds later, it made me beam, because thats exactly what would happen i i got delusions of being offroad master in the real africa

Finally started this, first impressions aren't as positive as I had hoped but I blame that on Dead Space,. Farcry 2's aiming doesn't seem anywhere near as natural so far, also it isn't entirely clear where I'm being shot at from...

Going to stick with it though, hoping I get into it.

The voice acting is terrible though, why bother with punctuation if you aren't going to pause for a full stop, how'd they say so much without breathing?!

This is basically GTA in a jungle right?

Yup.... that sucks, I expected more.

Also, the whole regenerating guards are already pissing me off, I think maybe I need a different type of game, that I can just enjoy without getting into a shit ton of detail.

AND I keep dying a LOT, its lame. I can't spot ppl quick enough, that's probably my fault though to be fair.

Yea, it does get better, loads better. Do a few of the main missions before you do side missions, the perks of completing some of the main quest make it easier to survive as the game gets tougher -

health packs, vehicles and ammo at safe houses etc