passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

DAmm you!

Although i love it cos its now made me play the app more cos i gotta catch up with you.

Other news:

IUGO is having a sale on all its apps.

This means you can pick up Toy Bot Diaries for 59p

I grabbed 2 and 3 as i haven't played them yet and loved number 1.

I highly reccomend their games as they are nicely polished and at these prices they are worth grabbing even if its just to play later.

Oh and Assassins Creed is out.

Its a port of the DS version though... but seems to be alright so far.

Will post further impressions after more play time.

Not fussed at all about the Ass Creed port. Apparently Metal Gear Touch has now been finished, so you can get the update for free, but it's a whopper of a file size.

Probably too late for me now, but a tip for getting loads of cash and levelling up in Mafia Wars - put all your points you get for levelling up into Energy so you can get eventually 250 energy points. This means that you can do the top level Job for $75,000 a time, for 10 times. Then when you hit the EXP level limit you level up and all your energy levels fill back up. So you should be able to just do this continually without having to wait for everything to fill back up over time. And for every level you do, you'll make $750,000.

I think it's too late for me as I'd think it caps out at level 99 and it might be more worthwhile putting the points in the secret stats.

I downloaded a free demo version of Payback the other day (the GTA clone), haven't tried it yet but it's free so it's worth a try.

Yeah my mate did that thing with Mafia Wars and killed the game haha.

He can pretty much repeat that constantly till he maxes out the level cap. Bit silly of them not to test that.

ERm... payback is ok... but wait a few days for Car Jack Streets to come out.... its in approval right now.

The dev is MUCH more active with the community and it sounds great.

Its more in the style of Chinatown Wars too... and is by the people who made the oriinal GTA 1 and 2 games.

The idea is that you have to pay back one million dollars at 50thousand a week.

The game plays in real time too with day and night cycles...... and you HAVE to pay back 50k each week... so it gives you a reason

to pick it up and play it each day to make sure you can hit those payments...

I like games that do that.... esp on mobile platforms which don't really favour extended sessions of play.

Anyway... its out soon and is supposed to blow payback well out of the water.

Yeah that trailer doesn't do the game justice, it looks better on the AppVee review with shaky cam!

It depends on what they're asking for it, sounds like it'll be at least a fiver.

I've downloaded and installed a free trial version of Tiki Towers, which comes highly recommended as a World of Goo style game.

Note that this is not the same as the game recently released on WiiWare. While they share the same theme of constructing bamboo towers for monkeys, the WiiWare version is more complex, takes place in real time, and, sadly, isn't as good.

LOL. I shouldn't laugh but I am surprised that made it's way out of the approval process.

Skype is out now for iPhone. All official like.

I don't know why everyone's so excited about this, you've been able to use Skype for ages through fring. And the bad thing about the way the iPhone works is that you can't just leave Skype on in the background like you can with a computer.

Still, free phone calls is free phone calls.

Wellllllllll the Payback vs Carjack is a situation of gameplay vs graphics.

Payback DOES look far superior, but the way it has been described for me by the devs is this:

Pay back is like a simplified 3D GTA3

Carjack is much more like the original GTA 1 and 2... and was created by the guys who made GTA 1 and 2.

Carjack will have a much more exciting story too..... like i mentioned before... its all in real time... so if its night where you live... it will be night in the game.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK you have to pay £50,000 to the badguys in the game or they kill your loved ones.

And this is in real time... so no slacking off....

You are free to raise the cash however you like.... legitimately OR illegally

The game will take 20 weeks to fully complete and its designed so that you play a little bit each day in short sessions in order to accumulate enough cash to make your weekly payoff.

They also say that there are unlimited missions and i gather that they can inject new missions and stuff into the game at any point.

The iphone version is also much improved from that nokia vid linked... still 2D graphics... but more polish.

Riiight... so thats the explanation.

I am still not sold on either, but sway more towards carjack due to the fact that you will HAVE to play it every so often or you will fall behind on your payments.

SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO WORK!

I'm not being rude.

It's the name of a brilliant app.

It's inspired by the awesome boppit game... which... if you have ever played it.. you will know how crazy and fun that is.

This app is 59p and very well presented.

Its crazily addictive and actually really does my head in.... in a good way.

You gotta really focus hard and you just know that the damned app is going to trick you out... and it tries harder the better you are doing.

According to the dev's twitter feed they are adding lots of cool stuff in the next update and plan on leaderboards and stuff like that.

Best 59p i have spent in a long time.

Having a look at that game now, Oli.

Rolando has gone through a couple of updates recently, adding new levels, and will do every week until Rolando 2 gets released.

Flight Control has had its first update and now you can upload your stats to a profile page and Twitter.

Here be me so you can see that I ain't lying with a score of 155. :)

Peggle coming to iPhone in May.

Although we've been sworn to secrecy about its finer points (shhh, PopCap nailed it), Joystiq can excitedly confirm that Peggle for iPhone / iPod Touch will be released onto the App Store on Tuesday, May 12. PopCap is still considering an appropriate price, but we can assume Peggle is not going to be tossed in the 99-cent free-for-all pile and will probably fit into a more "premium" price range between $5-6. Though, if any game's worth the ceiling price of $10, Peggle is (just, you know, don't actually price it that high, PopCap, cool?).

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/29/peggle-f...hone-on-may-12/

Pick Up and Play has released the "first and only" online multiplayer FPS for iPhone.

Dubbed iFPS Online, the game costs GBP 2.39 and uses Wi-Fi and 3G to connect four people. The quartet can then shoot each other while chatting, inside a 3D, cartoon-style world.

"This is a real 3D environment," says the the App Store description, "not like the other imitators with those ugly 2D sprites."

£2.39 - tempting. Oli?

Yeah very.

From what i have read though... there are very few... to no... people online on the Europe servers.

The main point of a game like this is to have people to play against.

What you thinking?

HENDO... did you get this FPS in the end?

How did it go??

Have been in cornwall seeing grandparents so not been online for a bit.

Car Jack Streets is out and kept me sane on my cornish break.

I have to say i LOVE this game... best thing on the iphone.

It really has lots of content and a great structure.

Only issue is that it tends to crash when you rack up too many felonies but this is fixed in an upcoming update.

Each day you get 7 main quests to complete and then a whole bunch of delivery style missions... or races etc... all for cash.

It means that you can play for a short amount OR an extended period depending on how you feel.

There are also many random 'survival' missions where you have to defend yourself against a horde for a minute.

I am having no trouble keeping up with my weekly payments and am stocking up quite a fair bit of cash. Infact the main draw to this game for me

are the rankings.

They have daily, weekly and monthly rankings. I am averaging around number 4 in the daily ones and about six on the weekly so not too bad. Its regionalised too so its not THAT hard to get high up on the boards. I am finding it really fun just firing up... causing some mayhem... stealing some cars.... and pushing my rank score up a bit.

I HIGHLY reccomend this game.

I think its on sale for the rest of the day.

Very much worth it's price and new content is being added.

HENDO... did you get this FPS in the end?

How did it go??

Terribly. Do not buy it, the controls are all over the place and the lag is pretty bad too.

I downloaded the demos of Time Crisis and Metal Gear Solid Touch and will get round to trying them.

Currently listening to the latest Joypod episode and so have downloaded Passage for 59p which you can also play on the PC or Mac. Meant to be very arty and potentially life changing. Only about 5 minutes long.