Mario vs Donkey Kong 2

retroed

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendo wrote:

Anyone still playing this?

I started playing this again last night & I'm on floor 4 & loving every second of it. I'm just making sure that I get silvers & at some point, I'd like to go back & try to get golds. But chances of that happening are slim to none.

Possible Spoiler. Well, it isn't really, but just incase...

You need at least 40 Silver Coins to unlock an extra boss level at the end of the game. You need at least 40 Gold Coins to unlock a second extra boss level at the end of the game. I got at least silver in every level, so have unlocked the first one, not sure if I have the skills to get all the golds, though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished the game. Now I have to get the gold I didn't get on level 6-2 and 2 boss battles.(from levels 7 and 8).

The last level is delicious. Taking a classic and making it something completely different but still addictive.

Now I'll check levels B1 and B2. I LOVE THIS GAME.

EDIT:

Just tried them. Level B1 is fun but B2 is too easy :( They are both similar to the ending level.

Are there any secrets in the game that have just been found? I want more levels :(

• 2 months later...
Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis user created levels

Nintendowifi.com is hosting user-created levels for M Vs. DK 2, instead of their own. It’s pretty cool to see Nintendo embracing the user created content. You can head over to the M Vs. DK hub and check them out for yourself.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=13031

• 3 months later...

I don't really do puzzle games, and I can't remember another example of when I've enjoyed one. But I bought this on the way to Vegas and got completely hooked on it. What I really liked is the way it never gets boring because you're never comfortable with the new level as it keeps throwing curveballs in the form of a new badie or a level tool.

After I was used to the level completion format I mangaed to ace the whole game with gold stars and actually found it quite easy toward the end. I'm notbragging it's just I rarely get 'in the zone' with recent games but this was fan-bloody-tastic.