passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

pickled

Anyone else got this? it's similar to the first in terms of gameplay and location but there's a few tweaks that make it more fun to play. For one, there's now a run button (a la CoD4) which makes movin from cover much easier, and it also feels a bit slicker that the first game, it seems faster paced and a lot more arcadey than the first one. It looks great too, and terrorist hunt is still loads of fun

The single player has 2 player co-op too, which makes it loads more awesome

I was kinda tempted, but in all fairness I'm not big on tactical shooters, and I've not enjoyed a single Clancy game I've played.

I've heard some damning stuff about it that it's just what you'd expect in an add-on disc but it's full price and only a year after the last one.

Still, me friends list seems to swear by it, so what do I know?

i think its a really good game, but this is waaaaaaaay to tactical for me, i prefer gunning everyone down after charging in with grenades strap to your face.

What i like the most is the multiplayer, i like how u rank n unlock new weapons n armour and completely design ur person but £35 for just multiplayer for me is a no no

for me though,now I've got really into multiplayer,i'm quite happy with having spent the money on a multiplayer game. the single player is just an added bonus. (much like cod4,the single player lasted about 5 hours,but I've played the multi for days and still enjoy it)

I ended up trading some stuff to get his - paid about 3 quid in real currency, so its a bargain for me.

I'd never been a fan of tactical shooters till i played the first vegas, and i loved it - Never got massivey into the online side cos theres just too many people who just live online in these kinda games.

The second ones a bit more of the same, but its still great fun, and ive been going online a bit more with this one.

we'll have to get a game going online piccolo if ya want. Although i should be moving house in a week or two so i wont have the net for a bit after that... hopefully wont be too long tho!

Hey

I got this game too.

Despite people saying its exactly the same as the first... its NOT!!

The campaign is WAY better and available as co-op the whole way through. The online co-op is the first game to actually get it right.

The host starts a public game and can play right away. As soon as someone joins they are loaded into the nearest spawn point (of which there are plenty) The host barely notices other than some text informing him that someone has joined.

When the guest leaves their character just dies matrix style on the floor and anyone else is now free to join.

Its fantastic and i played the whole game with various people dropping in and out.

Terrorist hunt is as good and as hard as ever. This time though you can take your ai parnters around with you if you play solo... or choose to go at it alone. AI has been updated though and are even tougher than before :-(

Online for me is the weakest point.

When you actually get a game that works its great fun, but they really should have put COD style matchmaking in. I hate wasting valuable gaming time trying to find a decent lobby... only to be kicked for using the wrong gun or whatever... Your best bet here is to start up your own room and invite some friends..... Missed opportunity really and no excuse in this day an age for xbox live games to still have crappy lobby systems as a default.

Doh i missed you tonight.

Maybe another time.

Not sure how long im gonna hang on to this title though... its fun... but the whole lobby thing is pissing me off...

Spent a couple of hours online and only found a small handful of decent games.... i dont have much gaming time in the evenings and dont want to waste it all pissing around in lobbies only to find crap connections etc :-(

I know what you mean about the lobby system, it just seems plain broken, and as if no thought has been put into it at all, so many time i tried to join games only to be told that the game was full (even though it wasn't)

Then the only game i did manage to get into the host booted me out coz I killed him, twat

anyway terrorist hunt is sweet, but so damn tough, we'll have to ttry and get some 4 player involved at some point coz I know topgun's got it too

• 3 weeks later...

Got a real hardon for this game right now.

At first i hated the lobbies, but now i have worked out how to use them to my advantage.

Basically its one of those games where you REALLY need to learn the maps. Especially with vegas 2 as they have made sure there are tonnes of ways to get into every location so its a flankers dream.

My tip to anyone having a hard time is to limit yourself to one map a week.

Learn it inside out by playing deathmatch or team deathmatch with unlimited respawns. You soon start to see patterns of where people like to camp, or routes people take and can anticipate them. There are a few maps i can now anihilate people on cos i know them that well :-)

My other tip is burst fire!!

You get much more accuracy that way... .so burst fire and stand still while shooting.

Anyway... these things helped me get MUCH more value out of a game that i was starting to get frustrated with so hope it helps.

i've not played this for a while, my xbox live headset is and being on live without one sucks...and my wii has been taking up most of my time.

think i'll invest in a new headset over the weekend and crack on again

the terrorist hunts are super shit! theres no tactics to them at all, just make a noise and wait for the enemies to flock to you. not bowled over in general. im going to part ex it, but im going to try split screen co-op to rinse out any fun i mightve missed