passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Looney Tunes : Duck Amuck

Hendo

Where to start with this?

Chances are you've probably seen the old Daffy Duck cartoon where Daffy is aware that he is a cartoon character and is fighting with the animator. It's called Duck Amuck.

Oh look, youtube to the rescue!

So this is the ideal videogame interpretation, where Daffy is aware that he is "the star in this digital handheld game".

Basically it's just a series of minigames using only the touchscreen and mic (to blow on stuff). There is one game that uses the L and R buttons when you close the DS - one of the only games to be allowed to get round the sleep mode function - and it's a slice of genius.

So it's simplistic but lots of fun. However, it's also amazingly short.

A real shame as this is really innovative game that we would've been all over a year or two ago, but it's lacking in any kind of depth that after an hour you may never play it again except to show it off.

On the other hand if anyone has kids then this is perfect for the little brats as you can't really die or lose. Though the rules of each game aren't always obvious, so as soon as it starts it's best to pause it straight away and read out what you have to do.

This is either going straight in the trade-in pile or if anyone is interested in having a look I can send it off for people to have a play?

I wouldn't advise paying a lot of money for it (and I'm sure those who have the means or inclination have already tried it out) but if it's cheap or part of a BOGOF offer where you were gonna buy one of the games anyway, then check it out.

If anyone wants to borrow it, let me know.

• 14 years later...

Hi @Hendo

I started playing this last night. It's kind of good to read Hendo say that it's really short because I've done a handful of the mini games and almost filled Daffy's temper meter, which is presumably the end goal.

it's pretty aimless, it's not a selection of mini games like you might expect, you have to do things to trigger them, unguided. Scratch the screen in a particular place and it will tear the background, Daffy will kick off a bit and it will trigger a game.

it kind of looks great but I think it's mostly video, bar the mini games. There's some funny stuff in there, a pointless voice recorder that made me laugh but doesn't do anything, same you can draw in a replacement body for Daffy

I'm fairly sure I've missed a mini game so disappointingly I might need a guide 😅

also, it's made by Wayforward

On 13/03/2008 at 16:06, Hendo said:

There is one game that uses the L and R buttons when you close the DS - one of the only games to be allowed to get round the sleep mode function - and it's a slice of genius.

That was why I remembered this