passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Swallow

yeah me and Hendo were talking on Skype while we played, and we had a quick look to see if Wiivo was on so we could add him. Dont know what'd happen if you had 4 people chatting and fighting, could work fine still I guess, but it might work better if we were in teams maybe?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like you guys are having a good time with smash online. I think Skype would be a great idea for the online matches, though chat worked.

I will be visiting some old friends this week also and having a couple of matches against them (for old times sakes). How many of us have the game now?

leeray666 wrote:

Seems like you guys are having a good time with smash online. I think Skype would be a great idea for the online matches, though chat worked.

I will be visiting some old friends this week also and having a couple of matches against them (for old times sakes). How many of us have the game now?

my computer is downstairs so i cnt use skype =[

i use the 360 private chat.. but thts only 1 on 1

Not sure on the set up for the Wiimote Wiivo, I use the GC pad and that has it set so each direction on the D-Pad is a motto thing.

They work by having you do the taunt, even though this is where it gets a bit confusing, as there are only 3 taunts.

Up Taunt, Side Taunt and Down taunt.

However, for the mottos, the side taunt becomes different for each direction.

What controller does everyone else use then? Like I say, I'm using my Wavebird. had a go with all the other methods, and whilst they all seem ok, they just can't match the Wavebird for this game.

Also, some awesome games with Wiivo, Ben and Hendo tonight, much fun indeed :)

stu wrote:

Also, some awesome games with Wiivo, Ben and Hendo tonight, much fun indeed :)

They were very good games. I wasn't sold on the lives rules set, but it grew on me later on (namely the round i won). and aside from the intro to the stage there didnt seem to be any lag.

I use the cube pad, not tried any others yet. Actually I did try the nunchuck and remote style, it seemed alrigth but the cube pad it easier

Has anyone been able to play cross-region yet? I've lent my US Wii and my spare PSU out so I've not been able to play for the last week, but before that I couldn't join any of my mates who had the US version, even though they displayed as being joinable. :/

That's weird. I guess you'll have to try it again. However, I've had umpteen amount of 'With anyone' matches and I seem to have no trouble connecting. These matches have been usually quite late at around 2 in the morning, so I'm guessing that I've been playing Americans. This is just a guess though as there really is no way I can be sure.

When you get your Wii back we'll have to do some extensive testing.

Have you port forwarded your Wii? It might help, as you achieve a NAT2 status which is a more optimised setting for net play rather than the NAT3 status your Wii gets without it.

That is odd, but we've had that before.

The Tony Hawks Downhill Jam DS game came out the same time over here and America and I went for the American copy and soon found out that it was region-locked so no friend code play with people here. I had to sell my American copy and re-buy it at ASDA.

I was hoping there wouldn't be anything similar again, but I'm sure I heard that people in America had no problem playing with some Japanese friends? Unless that was with the Japanese version. :dry:

According to this -

But because this form of communication is greatly affected by the distance between you and your opponent, your brawls may not run smoothly if you’re really far apart—like, for instance, if you’re connecting between Japan and America.

The more distant you are, the worse your connection becomes, and the slower it feels. I apologize, but I hope you understand.

So from that, it should be possible to play different regions, but no guarantee of a decent connection...

I guess we'll have to wait till Swallow says where his mates live, but I'm guessing in England.

Lag is one thing but not being able to play someone is another. :angry:

What happened with DHJ was that we couldn't even enter each other's FC's - for some reason the game recognised something in the code and wasn't happy about it, because it came back when you try entering it in that "code not found". It took a while to sink in but the codes are not as random as we would think.

But if Swallow can enter his code and see his mates online then that's different and I'm baffled.

How is everyone getting on with the Adventure mode?

I'm now at the last level, which I have heard is huuuuuge and takes a couple of hours to do, so I shall attempt that later.

Also am I right in thinking that when you've done a level, if there is a flag there it means theres still stuff to get from the level?

I love the cut scenes, you can see the devs simply had so much fun during the making of it.

Such a great great game, one of many essential Wii titles now!