passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

David

Well, I got mine today, and it's...

Awesome. Done the first case, and it was incredibly enjoyable.

Nice to see they're leaving some unanswered questions from the first as well.

Apollo is basically just another Phoenix, and having him take over, like the good old days was sweet.

Started the second case, and I already really like Trucy, she should fill Maya's shoes easily.

Hendo wrote:

She's fit? Aiiii. B)

Do they explain at the beginning why it's all changed?

Well, no, but they do hint as to why Phoenix is no longer an Attorney, and what he done. (I very much assume this will be very important later on).

Has yours not arrived yet then?

Yep, the first case is well good. Looking forward to getting stuck into this. :)

The GS games remind me a bit of the Mortal Engines series of books - the characters in the first game/book are so good you'd happily see them in the sequels, but it's a mark of the imagination and talent of the creators that they can keep introducing new characters that you care about, and still keep a thread of familiarity running through the series.

Case 2 is probably the most strange thing they've ever done in this series.

The stuff with the stolen Panties is absolutely hilarious for some reason, and so is the Gangster family.

And of course, you get to fiddle around with them in 3D.

:laugh:

I've finished the first case of this, and it's really good. I think that this is the best first case I've played. it was certainly the longest. I'm looking forward to cracking on with case two, although i'm trying to finish off Professor Layton at the moment.

Great stuff though, and all my worries that Apollo Justice may not be able to equal the Phoenix Wright series disappeared minutes into starting the game.

OK, so I've just started case 4. It's very good, and Case 4 looks like it's gonna be the best case in the whole series do far(;);))

However, there are some things. I don't think it's as good as Phoenix Wright 3, but certainly probably better than the first 2.

Another thing is, it's like there's been absolutely barely any thought over the forensics fingerprinty stuff.

Case 2 has tons of it, and case 3 none whatsoever? Why? Perhaps it's just the context of it all.:S It does look like Case 4 will use it though.

Other than that though, the game is just the same as all the others. Snappy script, great humour and characters. Nice to see a new prosecutor dynamic, with Klavier on the whole being a pretty nice guy (If a bit of a cock at times), and not so obsessed with a win record he will not believe any point you make, like it was in the PW games.

(Tying in Phoenix's story in the overarching plot linked with Apollo's cases was a very smart move, especially when some weird gamers just can't accept new characters (Which pisses me off no end, but hey), making people care for Apollo's character. I get the feeling no mentions will ever be made of Maya and Pearls, though. I don't want them back in the series per se, but a little mention of what their up to would be nice (Unless they're saving this for future games (Wouldn't surprise me at all TBH)

Wow, that post was long.

Hendo wrote:

Have you read the Eurogamer review? Here.

The guy says that sadly the prosecutor isn't the nasty piece of work we've been used to.

I don't think that's a bad thing particularly. Having the prosecutors so obsessed with winning they would never ever believe you until the very very end got rather annoying, and although Gavin still does that on occasion, he seems much more natural. (But still a rock star dickhead).:laugh:

I completed it today - the last case is probably the best case in the entire series, (Got knows how they manage that every game). The ending was great too, I didn't see it coming. Smile

I love working the night shift. I get paid to play games. :)

I've finished the first case now, and what a case to start with!

I didn't see the twist coming at all! Plus this case has a character called Olga Orly, you can't argue with a name like that.

Where I mentioned on the podcast that there's not much different in this one, I was just short of seeing the new 3D animation bits, where a crime scene gets recreated by all sorts of computer wizardry, and you can move parts of the scene or move the position that the victim might be in. So far those bits are very linear and you're only allowed to do what you're meant to do, but it's a nice inclusion.

Also, rather than the Magamata (sp?) from the previous ones, Apollo has the ability to focus in on other characters' nervous twitches and habits that might give the game away that they're lying or holding something back.

I've started the second case and it's got magic panties in it and that's good enough for me.

Heh, the first two cases have been very ejoyable. Cracking on with the third now, and the only bad point about the game is that it's not as ambitious as the fifth case from the first game, both in terms of new game mechanics and overarching storyline. I know there's a story thread running through this whole game, but I can't help feeling the denouement isn't going to be as good as GS1 or 3. The characters as a whole don't feel as strong - I like Klavier but he is a little bland..

Still, looking forward to what the rest of the game has in store. :)

Finally finished the 2nd case. :blush:

I have found one glaring contradiction though that never got addressed.

It was accepted that there was only one gun and one knife and these were recovered as evidence. If the boy had a gun, how come the girl also had a gun?

Hendo wrote:

Finally finished the 2nd case. :blush:

I have found one glaring contradiction though that never got addressed.

It was accepted that there was only one gun and one knife and these were recovered as evidence. If the boy had a gun, how come the girl also had a gun?

Family Ties?:unsure:

See...

I figured the explanation would be that the lad never actually had a gun but a knife, but this never got cleared up.

I've started the 3rd case now and I'm that early on that the murder has only just happened.

I cant be bothered to go into the Trials and Trib thread, but im loving Case 5 - suddenly im finding it all much easier than i used too - infact in could probably pass as a real lawyer, ive got a suit an that.

Everytime i finish a one of these games my life feels like its gonna be sad and empty - thank fuck ive still got Ace Apollo to go.