passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Contact

Oliath

Bet this is sounding like a great advert to everyone that doesn't have the game eh?

Looking at the Metacritic entry, the reports are actually pretty positive, and I can see this really opening up.

I'm especially intrigued by what the apparent plot twists will be.

All I know is that by reading the instructions, on info about the Prof. it asks him if he's hiding a secret from the boy and he says "Yes".

Interesting...

The thing that pisses me off though is how they're trying to make the game look.

"It's all new! An RPG like you've never played with a totally different outlook!"

Um, actually plotline aside, it's all fairly standard - it's just that instead of 'magic spell' they're called 'decals'.

Big deal.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soooo

How in the name of GREAT ODENS BEARD do you deal with the boss at the end of the research facility???

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT/////

LOOK AWAY

-----

---

So... these dudes keep respawning, and i cant hurt the 'machine' at all....

what the fuck am i suppposed to do :-(

I'm stuck on the same bit as picks, I think. Not the actual boss, but the bloke outside.

Any tips for a RPG noob?

I've got a good few weapons now but no idea which is best and I can't eat anymore food as he gets full. I'm using the mole suit, by the way.

Also what's the deal with that cat/dog thing? What's the point in his decal?

The cat/dog (Mochi) gets more powerful the more you play with him after saving.

Hendo, the best way to beat the dude your stuck on is to hit him, press B to get out of battle stance and avoid his attack, then back into battle stance and hit him, repeat untill dead.

Im stuck where Oli is too. Ive been hotting those plus and minus buttons, i thought it only changed the channel on the TV!

Hendo wrote:

I'm stuck on the same bit as picks, I think. Not the actual boss, but the bloke outside.

Any tips for a RPG noob?

I've got a good few weapons now but no idea which is best and I can't eat anymore food as he gets full. I'm using the mole suit, by the way.

Also what's the deal with that cat/dog thing? What's the point in his decal?

Hendo if your still stuck on him mymethod is better than illdog as you take no damage this way.

Right soon as he starts the fight run back down the steps and quickly run left if it works he will get stuck on the banister of the stairs and if you go just to the top you'll be able to hit him without him hitting you back leaving you in good shape to fight the thing after him.

I have to say im now REALLY REALLY enjoying this game.

It seems to flow at a nice pace, and depspite my inital annoyances at the combat system, i am having a great time playing it..

I am now on the third island.. the one with all the pyramids and things seem to be really ramping up now in terms of difficulty.

Oliath wrote:

things seem to be really ramping up now in terms of difficulty.

:ohmy:

Shit.

To be honest, the little that I've played of it I really like, I'm very much a RPG n00b so I need to keep reminding myself to just level grind for a while.

Anyone had any luck with the Wifi Island thing?

I've got Centy on my wifi island who was kind enough to teach me a new move (something to do with increasing knowledge I think) but apart from that, nothing.

We should all arrange a quick wifi session to have as many people on our islands as possible, then we can learn more moves!

I reckon with the exception of co-op its possibly the best they could have done with Wifi on an RPG and it is nice what do i look like by the way James wears a cow skull on his head and a baby blue leotard :D and Hendo has possibly the best Afro ive seen on a Welshman ever!

I got past the guy I was stuck on (Centy's method worked a treat!), then did the stone boss (who was actually piss easy - did him first go) then did a side quest and now I'm off to the next island.

I think it's great!

The reviews have actually been spot on - not the best RPG ever but has its merits and charm certainly.

:kiss:

You're such a man slut, Oli.

I helped a guy get out of a dungeon straight after the rock boss.

We had our little secret that he got out on his own so as not to look like a wuss to his family (the people that run the spice shop).

I realise that's a bit of a spoiler, but you did ask!