passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Top Hunter (neo geo VC)

DANGERMAN

I'd never played this till tonight, but it's a good little game.

It plays a lot like Gunstar Heroes and Metal Slug except without the firepower. For large parts of the game you're using your fists or throwing people/boxes, but it's all done in a cartoony MS/GH way rather than a proper chunky beat em up.

You can go into the background like the Fatal Fury games (and Guardian Heroes to continue the Treasure analogies), interact with the scenery, avoid and trigger traps. Theres always a fair few enemies on screen.a nd you can hop into a tank think that resembles the walking metal slugs from MS3.

I'm really enjoying it, it's quite easy in a not too hardcore kind of a way, but not so much that you'll complete it straight away.

I still ain't bought a single NeoGeo game. When they announced the system was coming to the VC I was really excited as it was the great untouchable machine when I was a kid (due to the bottom-raping prices) but I can't think of any of the games that would tempt me now.

• 4 weeks later...

I played this 2 player with Spatular last night, I think i enjoyed it more than him, but it is really good.

Aside from some great animation theree not a lot that stands out, but it's a good little game, that i think might have an inbuilt save system, which will make it easier to see the end of