passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Retronauts

Hendo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'll keep posting updates on the retronauts shows whether anyone's interested or not, even if I have 20 post runs.

:huh:

Well, maybe not....

Anyway, Episode 12 is up (direct link) and the subject?

Greg Ford, Jeremy Parish and Scott Sharkey talk about the highs and lows (mostly highs) of the 1985's favorite gaming PC, the Commodore 64.

:ohmy: w00t!

The Retronauts Bonus Stage video show number 3 is also up now (link to the vids) and the subject is Import gaming in Japan which is good enough for me!

You should see the shop they go in at the start!

• 2 months later...

Ah finally someone else that listens, I'd given up on updating this!

What did you think on the one before Phoo? There was far too much people talking over each other for it to be enjoyed properly I thought.

Hendo wrote:

Ah finally someone else that listens, I'd given up on updating this!

I'm really starting to get into it now. Wasn't too keen at first, but now I'm really enjoying each episode. So you & me can discuss each episode together. :laugh:

Hendo wrote:

What did you think on the one before Phoo? There was far too much people talking over each other for it to be enjoyed properly I thought.

I haven't had a chance to listen to that one yet. :whistle: I have bit of a backlog on my MP3 player at the moment, but I will get there. If I had one complaint about the show, like you say, is that they all tend to talk over each other & never let anyone finish what they were saying. They'll be talking about something really interesting & then they get cut off & don't return.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Another episode so soon ? :ohmy:

Retronauts 31

Excitement for Super Mario Galaxy sublimates into a bunch of nerds sharing nostalgic Mario anecdotes. Shane Bettenhausen, Scott Sharkey, Andrew Pfister and Chris Kohler join host Jeremy Parish, with musical interludes from Mario All-Stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really know if it's worth posting the links to the new episodes as I'm sure most of us get this via rss feeds or the itune store, but there's a new episode out now.

Episode 32

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the console that invented home gaming, the Atari 2600. James Mielke, Scott Sharkey, Chris Kohler, Jeremy Parish and late arrival Jenn Frank share their thoughts.

Well worth posting them, matey, as anyone that doesn't usually listen might be interested depending on the subject. :)

2600 was my first gaming machine (although the C64 was my first machine) so I fond memories of that heap of shit.