passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

PSP Slim and Lite

retroed

I caned my PSP a fair bit on my hols, mainly Everybody's Golf (best PSP game EVAR), and it really is quite an improved machine. I tried applying my HORI screen protector but it wasn't having any of it (first time I've failed as well), so I've ordered another one from P-A, along with a USB cable and new case, and it's just shipped. :)

pa.101848.2.jpgpa.101857.1.jpgpa.101849.2.jpg

Good to hear Ed. :) I expect I'll eventually cave in & get one, maybe in the New Year. And I'm with you on Everybody's Golf - best PSP game indeed. Everybody's Golf 2 is getting a JPN release this year, so fingers crossed it'll arrive here soon after.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd take a pic of the theme I am currently running on my Slim & Lite, a new feature allows you to change them. It is also possible to create your own, or just download them from yourpsp.com. :)

pspthemevp5.jpg

Notice how the icons are changed as well as the picture!

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but I need some help with my PSP.

After months of neglect it seems my battery is fairly dead now and doesn't last as long as it did (and the battery doesn't last that long anyway) so I think I need a new one.

I'm guessing Ed will be the best man to ask, but where can I get a good battery from, and how easy is it to replace? I seem to remember there being a newer, longer lasting battery released?

Sorry dude, I thought I had replied to this. Regarding the battery, are you sure you aren't putting it into sleep mode instead of switching the machine off? Sleep mode drains the battery a lot. Flicking the switch up puts it into sleep mode, but holding the switch up for a few seconds turns the PSP off properly. I'm sure you knew that, but just checking!

The battery is mega simple to replace, just remove the battery cover, pop the battery out and put the new one in. I'm not sure about batteries, but it's always best to buy from a reputable dealer, not eBay or the like. That way, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a genuine one and not a fake. I had a little look and can't see anywhere that sell them for a reasonable price, Amazon marketplace is full of fake '3600mAh' ones.

While I'm here, I had an email from Sony asking me to sign up to their all-new PlayStation store that has PS1 games etc ready for download now. They gave me an incentive to sign up, WipEout PS1 free download! They should be sending me the free download code within 14 days.

To mark the launch we’re giving away the full version of the classic PS one® game WipEout® as a free* download for PSP to every unique recipient of this email that creates a new PLAYSTATION®Network account between 22nd November and 7th December 2007.

http://store.playstation.com/store/index.vm

RetroEd wrote:

While I'm here, I had an email from Sony asking me to sign up to their all-new PlayStation store that has PS1 games etc ready for download now. They gave me an incentive to sign up, WipEout PS1 free download! They should be sending me the free download code within 14 days.
To mark the launch we’re giving away the full version of the classic PS one® game WipEout® as a free* download for PSP to every unique recipient of this email that creates a new PLAYSTATION®Network account between 22nd November and 7th December 2007.

http://store.playstation.com/store/index.vm

Where's my email Sony? Eh?! :huh:

RetroEd wrote:

Sorry dude, I thought I had replied to this. Regarding the battery, are you sure you aren't putting it into sleep mode instead of switching the machine off? Sleep mode drains the battery a lot. Flicking the switch up puts it into sleep mode, but holding the switch up for a few seconds turns the PSP off properly. I'm sure you knew that, but just checking!

The battery is mega simple to replace, just remove the battery cover, pop the battery out and put the new one in. I'm not sure about batteries, but it's always best to buy from a reputable dealer, not eBay or the like. That way, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a genuine one and not a fake. I had a little look and can't see anywhere that sell them for a reasonable price, Amazon marketplace is full of fake '3600mAh' ones.

Ah, cheers Ed. I shall investigate into a new battery. :)