passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

EDGE Definitive Top 100 Magazine

retroed

I think Id like to see GTA3 in the top ten, although Vice City is there, I preffered GTA3 becuase it had a darker more grimey setting and obviously it came earlier and therefore made more of an impact as it was fresher. I think for this same reason Final Fantasy 7 has to be switched with 12, although the combat system was better in 12, FF7 was a blast of something new from the previous instalment and set the tone.

Im slightly surprised that Pokemon is so high up in the chart but id say theres not much difference of quality between one and a hundred, considering thousand year door is at 93 - 51 doesnt seem so bad.

Ive got to also go against a few opinions and say that Ocarina of Time rightly deserves its top spot, as no game before it or any game since quite managed to get me as incredibly excited as that game did in the run up to the game and also the experience of playing it....Mario 64 came pretty close hence it being number three in the chart.

I think the one that Id have to argue with the most is Resident Evil 4 because, although it was a great experience to play I dont think it stands head and shoulders above some of the other series highlights (Survival being the obvious shit exception, get in your fucking cage!). I suppose you coulde perhaps argue the same for the Zelda Series, I think its a slightly different matter and perhaps a classic gem like Goldeneye could claim the third spot, as I think id still take that over a LOT of todays 'cutting edge' releases.

Phew.

well I've been into the Smiths and HMV here in Ipswich every day this week to get this, and they still don't seem to have had any.

Could someone get me a copy please, of course you'll be paid in full + P&P and a little something for your efforts.

please please please :)

• 2 weeks later...

No way should Final Fantasy XII be in the Top 10, espcially above RPGs like Final Fantasy VII and Oblivion. I don't agree with it's Number 1 either, Link To The Past is better if you ask me. The rest of the Top 10 seems suitable though.

Guess this could just as easily go here.

The Top 100 games as voted for by various members of the Indie community, Gibbage forums, a few commercial game developers, YakYak forums and you, the wonderful readers of Retro Remakes.

The Top 10 - currently they've had the digg/slashdot effect, so try this instead....

The cached version

As they're down I haven't been able to look at the rest of the 100, but Ocarina not number 1!