passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

DS & Wii Compatibility

Centy

Basically this is to explain what will work and what wont with what.

[li]The Official Nintendo Dongle[/li]

Works perfectly with the DS but will NOT support the Wii which needs much faster transfer than the dongle can offer

[li]The Datel Dongle Hub thing[/li]

Apparently works with the DS though ive not heard of one person who could make it work and again will not support the Wii

[li]Buffalo Wireless Routers [/li]

Will support both and just about any model will work from buffalo but Nintendo themselves reccommend this bad boy which is very affordable and of very high quality.

Id appreciate if any other members put in what routers/set up they use to get things working and make a sort of compatbility list.

I am on Wanadoo (well, Orange now) Wireless & Talk package, using the Livebox they supply. You can get it on Orange from just £17.99 a month with BB supply.

I have never had any problems with it (except when I had it setup incorrectly :blush: ), works faultlessly with both DS & PSP, and also tried it with a laptop with no problems.

Wii compatible? Should be. :)

• 3 months later...

I have a wanadoo livebox but im having trouble connecting my Wii, it recognises the livebox but asks for a password or key, which i have no idea about. I tried putting my WEP key in but it doesnt work, also gives screen burn whilst trying to connect, im not sure whether its a,b or g or if it matters. Anybody able to shed light? Am i just being a Doofus?:blink: